REVOLUTION I say...not resolution! 12/31/2012

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
I have a fitness journal. No, I am not like Beverly Clearly and write in my diary everyday but usually when I learn something or a tweak happens or even when I read a 'saying' or see a workout I like I write it in there. I usually do write definitely at the end of the year to take note of what did work this year and what did not.

Resolution when I looked it up is a determination or a strong intent to do something. That is in your mind...not a bad thing...but what makes you act?
Revolution is when folk get sick and tired of being sick and tired...willing to go against any risks! Wow! I think of all the things in history...the things I risked in my life too! Revolution is ACTION to me. Go to WWW.dictionary.com

What did you REVOLT against that worked in 2012 that you want to keep going and/or go harder in 2013? What didn't work? This is important too because we LEARN from mistakes...nothing wrong with that.

CHALLENGE: What are you ready to REVOLT against in your life that is preventing you from getting healthy physically and spiritually?

WAR paint on and bracelets shined for battle,
WW

Replies

• KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    What did you REVOLT against that worked in 2012 that you want to keep going and/or go harder in 2013? What didn't work? This is important too because we LEARN from mistakes...nothing wrong with that.

Towards the end of 2012, ending right before the holidays, I got into recording. i use to think it was just tedious and a pain in my butt, but as I devoted myself each day while eating or cooking, I would record. Sometimes pre-record. The exciting part was that when I wanted to give up, my body had made it a habit to record. I haven't recorded lately due to the busy holiday, but I hope to get back into that habit January 1, 2013!
    CHALLENGE: What are you ready to REVOLT against in your life that is preventing you from getting healthy physically and spiritually?

I'm ready to revolt against laziness by having more DISCIPLINE. I read somewhere that Discipline is making yourself do what you don't wnat to do. I need to discipline myself to eat better, especially eating portion sizes. I need to discipline myself to wake up in the morning and push a workout in. I need to discipline myself to in ever aspect of my life, because I KNOW it will only benefit me and my health.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I revolted against doing the same, expensive, "lose weight quick but if you don't keep paying us to tell you you're doing it wrong the minute you plateau or gain, you'll gain it all back and be back to being depressed" diets that I kept trying that wouldn't teach me how to keep the weight off unless I paid them and I joined a gym. Granted I've gained not lost weight, but I haven't given up (and a big thanks to the MFP friends that kept me from giving up and giving in when I got near the edge!) and I'm still working at finding the problem so I can fix it and start losing again.

I am revolting against being second fiddle, I realized something this past year, I have always been second best to my sister and I always will be and that hurts, there is no achievement that I can make that will put me in the spotlight with my family no matter how hard I try. So, I'm not trying anymore, I will be focusing more on establishing and maintaining my friendships because with my friends, I will be able to have my turn in the spotlight, because they will be the ones that remember when I cheered them on and gave them their turn in the spotlight, they will give me my turn even if I'm the last one in the group to achieve something or cross the finish line, they won't overshadow me with someone else's life/ sadness/acheivement/whatever just because that person did it first/fastest/better or is suffering at that moment
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am going to continue to revolt against myself. For instance self wants to go to bed and feel sorry for herself. Not going to happen. I am going to do a workout. I will go take my girls to the mall, run errands, and take care of my family in general. The best way to take care of them is to care for me. I will do my Bible devotions, prayer time, MFP logging/communicating and exercise because these are things that keep me healthy inside and out.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Revolting is what got me in trouble in the first place. I'd get mad at someone, cheeseburger. I had a crappy day at work, candy bar. The voices in my head are telling me to kill you, screw exercise. That's how I revolted, and I ended up revolting...in appearance. Slow and steady control is what is working for me. Slow and steady control is what I'll continue to do.
  • GJW3
    GJW3 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am revolting against the same story as I gain and gain and gain. I am going to REWRITE it where I lose lose lose to gain health!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    First off, let me start by saying that I really love this post.

I think one of the biggest things I revolted against was harboring anger or ill feelings towards certain people in my life. I had a few falling outs with friends towards the end of 2011 and I kept a lot of that anger and resentment inside of me. I decided that in the new year I was going to just forgive them and let it go. It was honestly one of the best feelings ever! I can be cordial when I see them in passing now and I've even texted one of them on occasion when something random happens that reminds me of them or I see something that I know they would enjoy as well. I encourage anyone that is holding on to something like that to just release it, because honestly you will feel 10x better once you do.

Another thing I revolted against was my laziness and bad eating habits. I joined MFP in the end of October and it was the best decision of my life! I know that I still have a long road ahead of me, but just the progress I have made in the past few months still amazes me.

I know one of my downfalls is going out and drinking more than I should with friends. I'm in college so it's natural to go out and have fun, but one of my goals in the new year is to tone it down. I really want to lose weight and I know that liquid calories had a lot to do with why I gained it in the first place. It's not something that I can cut out completely, but cutting down would be an accomplishment and probably really help with my weight loss. I think for now that's a big enough step and we'll see what else I can come up with throughout the year. One step at a time though. :smile:

Happy New Year everyone!! I hope that all of you have a fun and safe evening.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Well comrades, my year with MFP was July 21, 2011...I didn't lose weight. I had a lot to learn with my STINKING THINKING! I was stressed more then ever this past year at my job and I felt 'entitled' to eat or drink what I wanted bc I deserved it! No wonder I gained wt! SO, I came out the dark and see I am a person that needs to measure, weigh on food scale, and eat my veggies daily! I am a volume eater so measuring is paramount! I also was kidding myself that walking was enough for me....ah no! It didn't help me lose all the weight the first time and it ain't happening now! I got to do more!

I learned I can give up coffee! NO food has so much power we can't give it up! Believe me I didn't think it was possible and would have told you it was not possible to live w/o coffee but it is! So just know no food controls you!

I really need support and I really appreciate and love you all...great people! I love your ideas, different ways of getting the same thing done! How you support each other..I notice it all! Let us keep learning and sharing.
  • fit_ash
    fit_ash Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm going to revolt against people deciding my actions. I'm going to make my own decisions as to what and how much I'm going to eat. I will do what I like and want to do and forget about what anyone else thinks. :drinker: