no sodas/chips for january

Options
I resolve to bypass frito-lay (family size) and Pepsi (2 liter) for the month of January!

Replies

• fit_ash
    fit_ash Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm with you!!!
    I am also doing the no candy January thing. :frown:
    fingers crossed :ohwell:
  • CrazyCatLady125
    CrazyCatLady125 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Definitely in on this one - it's my biggest weakness and will help me the most if I can avoid these two things for at least a month!
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I don't drink much soda these days... I was drinking approx 32-64 oz a day of coke. Sometimes there'd be a 20 oz of Mt Dew in there for a "little something different". I work as a mail carrier (USPS) and spend a lot of my day driving. So I'd sip while I drive. I carried a 32 oz QuikTrip cup and filled it sometimes twice a day. Water was unheard of simply because I couldn't drink "that much" of plain old water. LOL. My husband bought me a 12 pack of Cherry Coke Zero 2 weeks ago, assuming I was low on them at home. It's the 2nd 12 pack in a month. When he got home, we realized I still had not 1 or 2.. but 6 cans left from the previous 12 pack lol. I sometimes will drink a whole can of soda up to maybe.. maybe a can and a half these days. I'm not giving up soda completely but at the 3-5 can average a week, I am certainly not overdoing it ;)

I do need to cut out the candy though.. Christmas and NYE really drew me in :( Candy and cookies. I wasn't terrible like I used to be. No more did I eat 3 cookies, a handful of candy, etc. It's literally been a piece of sweets or 1-2 cookies. Here's the downside. Hubby got a KitchenAid Stand Mixer for Christmas and is eager to try recipe after recipe. Turning down "just a bite" will be awful hard.
  • hoperowan
    hoperowan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in on this one. Soda is a huge weakness for me. I am trying to drink more water. My goal is 10 glasses of water a day.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Have you considered getting the smaller cans? That way you aren't having as much soda but are still satisfying your sweet tooth?
  • Kryn_n
    Kryn_n Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Lets do it. No more sodas,not even coke zero or any kind of potatoe chips. :-)
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    I've already failed on the soda, but I might be able to swing the chips half of it. I'll give it a shot at least.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I am not doing the no sodas....I am using that one 7.5 ounce can on Saturdays as my reward for completing each week of P90X and not backing out. And can't do the chips because I have the Special K snack chips.
  • MaTwosey
    MaTwosey Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group. Staring rught now, no soda or chips in Jan.
  • Buogha
    Buogha Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group as well. And no sodas and chips for me this January for sure.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll find GarlicGirl (AKA Wonder Woman) to be most enthusiastic.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I got this. I dont drink soda. My main hurdle will be the chips.
  • MABfit0112
    MABfit0112 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well, I am so glad so many people consider this a goal. I really am weaning myself. I keep lots of alternatives available, I think it's the carbonation as well as the flavor of Pepsi. I am going to try the carbonated waters this next week. Cold Turkey is reaaaaly hard! One day at a time. ELIINATE SOMETHING-- ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!!:wink:
  • em_c_r
    em_c_r Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm in! Though I have never liked soda so I just need to stay away from the chips! Which means my husband will be eating the two bags I just bought. Oops!
  • MABfit0112
    Options
    I'm glad you're trying but remember one day at a time!!
  • MABfit0112
    Options
    :noway: Nothing beats failure but a try! Try, try AGAIN. :happy:
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    That's such an awesome goal to make for yourself. Good luck! The soda I could definitely handle, but the chips I'm not so sure. Haha I don't eat them all the time, but when I want them it's hard to stop myself from eating at least a few. :smile:
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Although my husband is the purchasing agent at our local Frito Lay, I am not really a chip person. I have occasionally during a craving for salt grabbed a bag or two and eaten them but it will be easy to avoid them. Also I am not into eating empty calories which is basically what chips are! As for the soda, I can definately do without this too. It is a lifestyle change from years ago. Don't want to drink my calories. I drink water in the bar on Fridays because everything else is high in calories. So basically I can accomplish this challenge with very little effort!
  • em_c_r
    em_c_r Posts: 23
    Options
    So, I don't really eat many chips but as soon as I resolved not to eat them, the bag in the cupboard started calling my name! I've been able to resist but I'm hoping DH will hurry up and eat them so they are out of the house.
  • aimeeernest
    aimeeernest Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    This is SO for me! I work at a gas station where i get free soda and $1 bags of chips stare me in the face all day. Those two things alone have ruined me. lol. I already quit them both for Jan on my own with the re-boot of my diet so I am very up for the challenge :D Awesome!