Week 1 - Challenge 1

Hey everyone! So I hope you've had a great New Year's Eve! As promised we start today! Challenges will usually be set every week and day!! :)

Challenge 1
Walk at least 1000 steps a day using a pedometer. If you don't have one of these, download an app for iPod and iPhone or if you don't have them make it your job to try and get one or order one! They are found very cheaply in stores, ect!

Daily challenge
Do 30 star jumps today

I hope these are suitable for you! If your unable to do it don't worry! It's just for fun + motivation

Happy New Year! Lets lose those pounds! ;)

Replies

• Going to go take DS to the park in a while. Might take him to the bigger one on the other side of the lake (about 30 min walk ). Will let you know how many steps I do. Hopefully can make it that far lol.

As for the star jumps. Not sure when I last done them but hubby said he will do them with me. Giggles here they come :-)

Happy New Year to you too x
  • suzzee2000
    suzzee2000 Posts: 85 Member
    Happy New Year to you as well !!! I am checking in for day one! Good luck to us all !!!
  • SweatingBeauty
    SweatingBeauty Posts: 24 Member
    I tried to download a pedometer the other day but it didn't count any of the steps i took around the house. What app do you use on your iphone? Will it work just sitting in your pocket? I'm sure I take 1000 steps a day but I would like to count and see!

I like the daily challenge idea too! :) did them!
  • vanzeem
    vanzeem Posts: 107
    Oh man!! i just got done on the treadmill and seen this... oh well. i'll start with the pedometer (if i can find when my darling little girls put it!!) and see if i can still hit the goal for today. :)
  • I tried to download a pedometer the other day but it didn't count any of the steps i took around the house. What app do you use on your iphone? Will it work just sitting in your pocket? I'm sure I take 1000 steps a day but I would like to count and see!

I like the daily challenge idea too! :) did them!

I use striiv and it counts your step in your pocket. It doesn't properly sync wih MFP so you'll have to manually insert it. It tells you the amount of steps and calories burnt. It gives you mini challenges like if you can reach 100 steps in 10mins. :) x
  • Going to go take DS to the park in a while. Might take him to the bigger one on the other side of the lake (about 30 min walk ). Will let you know how many steps I do. Hopefully can make it that far lol.

As for the star jumps. Not sure when I last done them but hubby said he will do them with me. Giggles here they come :-)

Happy New Year to you too x

At least you'll have fun doing them! Even 10 will be fine, haha!
  • I'm from the park (Yes I played on the swing and went down the slide(with my son of course)).

According to my pedometer I did 5925 steps. I'm shocked. It's a really good pedometer and won't count a step if you jump like so many.

I have to say I'm very proud of myself.

Keepp up the good work everyone. Together we will reach our goals with a huge smile at the end : )
  • I'm from the park (Yes I played on the swing and went down the slide(with my son of course)).

According to my pedometer I did 5925 steps. I'm shocked. It's a really good pedometer and won't count a step if you jump like so many.

Keepp up the good work everyone. Together we will reach our goals with a huge smile at the end : )

Well done! Keep it up!

Well done! Keep it up!
  • Zenyehtta
    Zenyehtta Posts: 37 Member
    Oooh, I like this. A nice and easy start (:

Now to go buy a pedometer lol
  • Oooh, I like this. A nice and easy start (:

Now to go buy a pedometer lol

Haha! Yep slow and fun first! Then getting slightly harder with fun and support and this will continue to get harder! :)
  • awkwardpear
    awkwardpear Posts: 24 Member
    STAR JUMPS. D:< I didn't do them all in a row, I just threw them in there while I was washing, drying, and putting away dishes. Got all my steps in while running around the kitchen and dining room! Oh, the holiday season... :3
  • Completed the first challenge, getting a ped today, but i walk 3 miles everyday so Im sure im there with the 1000. Thanks for all your help Chloe.
  • STAR JUMPS. D:< I didn't do them all in a row, I just threw them in there while I was washing, drying, and putting away dishes. Got all my steps in while running around the kitchen and dining room! Oh, the holiday season... :3

Doesn't matter if you do them in a row! At Least you did them, be proud of yourself! X
  • Completed the first challenge, getting a ped today, but i walk 3 miles everyday so Im sure im there with the 1000. Thanks for all your help Chloe.

Good to hear and your welcome!
  • Hey everyone! So I hope you've had a great New Year's Eve! As promised we start today! Challenges will usually be set every week and day!! :)

Challenge 1
    Walk at least 1000 steps a day using a pedometer. If you don't have one of these, download an app for iPod and iPhone or if you don't have them make it your job to try and get one or order one! They are found very cheaply in stores, ect!

Daily challenge
    Do 30 star jumps today

I hope these are suitable for you! If your unable to do it don't worry! It's just for fun + motivation

Happy New Year! Lets lose those pounds! ;)

ok what is a star jump??
  • vanzeem
    vanzeem Posts: 107
    I looked the jump star up on youtube. :) I think i'm more out of shape than i thought. i wanted to die a little bit!!
  • Chole, little confused But blonde so I am use to it lol. Yesterday I looked for a new daily challenge didn't see one so I did the star jumps again. Do your challenges change daily?
  • ha looked it up and it was interesting like jumping x lol
  • Chole, little confused But blonde so I am use to it lol. Yesterday I looked for a new daily challenge didn't see one so I did the star jumps again. Do your challenges change daily?

Basically I am going to do a one day challenge and a weekly one! I've been to busy to do daily ones and ill run out of ideas haha! Sorry!