2013 Getting Fit! Introduce yourself.

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm taking the bulls by the horns this morning and starting a new thread hoping that a bunch of us from the board come over here and help each other lose some of the extra weight or just pick up some healthier habits!

I'm Brittany (aka Cwiklamama).

I need to lost about 75 lbs- but I'm going to try and take it 5 lbs at a time. My bigger goal is to keep going past the 20 lbs that I seem to lose every year and then give up and proceed to gain it all back over the rest of the year. It's a huge yo yo cycle that I need to end now.

I want to lose so that I'm just more comfortable in general. I can get out of breath playing with the kids, and my back hurts from my size. I want to wear nicer clothes and not cringe when I see a picture of me.

What's your motivation?

Replies

• pburgshan
    Options
    I'm Shanna....pburgshan on BBC. I'm new to mfp so hoping to get into the swing of things.
    I want to lose 30 lbs...get back to my pre children weight. I also cringe when I see pics of myself these days.
  • manda53103
    manda53103 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im here! I want to lose my baby weight plus the depression Ive added on. Im ready to get back into my active life style...I did amazingly before and am ready to get back. Im already back working out but I want that regular again!
  • scubamom05
    scubamom05 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm here!! I started with MFP last February and went strong losing 40 lbs until the fall and then I fell off the wagon. Work was really stressful and I am a stress eater. I eat when I am stressed. I need to lose ummm.... probably 100 lbs. That would put me under prepregnancy weight from DD (7 1/2 years ago). So, I am here!! Let's do this :)
  • Angie789
    Angie789 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Angie (AngieL789 on BBC). I started MFP to lose weight after DS, lost a bunch, got pregnant with DD and came back to lose that weight at the end of March 2012. I lost over 50 pounds from March - October, but I have slowly been letting things creep up since then - my official 2013 starting weigh in is tomorrow so I'll know then exactly where I'm at. I'd like to lose 15-20 more pounds to feel comfortable again - and then maybe another 10 or so to get smokin'!

FYI - I am doing a paleo/primal diet, so if any of y'all are going that path, let me know. Let's do this!!!!
  • annadent79
    Options
    Hi ladies I am Anna (annadent on BBC). I just had our third LO on December 5th I gained 26 lbs and have lost 30 so I can't blame baby weight. I would like to lose 76lbs. I lost 50 lbs after our 2nd two years ago while breastfeeding and kept if off until I got pregnant with number 3.

My plan is better food choices and getting back to the gym with DH and ODS when I get the OK from the doctors and Jacob is all better.

I need encouragement and constant reminders so if you noticed I have not checked in for a few days feel free to send me threatening messages ;)
  • travellingmama
    travellingmama Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My 20th high school reunion is this summer. There is no way I can be (or want to be) the 93 lbs I weighed when I graduated, but I would like to be fit for the first time ever. I would like to lose about 5 lbs, but would much rather lose inches from my waist and thighs.
  • tinabanina85
    Options
    Hey ladies - LoveNeverFailss here (Paisley avatar! )

I really want to get back in shape, stop eating junk and take out. I'd like to lose 20 pounds to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I am down about 15 lbs from this time last year (just gained 5 over the holidays)

I did INCREDIBLY well with Weight Watchers about 6 years ago. I lost over 60 lbs and kept it off until pregnancy. I do so much better with company!

How did day one go for everyone?!
  • craftyvalerie
    Options
    Hello! I am Valerie, hoping to lose the 35 lbs of baby weight! Once I am at my pre pregnancy weight I would love to lose an additional 40 lbs (my ultimate goal) which would put me at what I weighed when I met my DH 8.5 years ago! Also my 10 yr high school reunion is in the summer and I would love to gain some of that confidence I have lost!
  • mommyarella1
    Options
    HI, I am Karie! I am looking to lose the weight I gained with Anneliese, and the weight I have added to it from all the stress we have been under this year. I am hoping to lose at least 45 lbs...60 would be my ultimate goal. I am still nursing and for me my body holds every ounce of fat like I am starving it to death until I stop nursing. So, I am hoping to continue nursing until the end of flu season, and then take control of my body again and get moving. I need accountability to stop eating junk, I think that is my biggest weakness.
    I am so excited to have others wanting to do this too! Everyone around me IRL wants to lose 5 lbs or so. It is majorly depressing when I have so much to lose and they are complaining about 5 lbs.
  • amybethsmom
    amybethsmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello I am Bambi (aka amybethsmom) my dh 20 high school reunion is the summer and I would really like to loss at least 50 pounds by then. My biggest reason to lose the weight is for me I want to feel comfortable in my own body again, DH and I also made a deal if I get back down to my goal weight and maintain I can get a breast reduction and lift (38 GGG) want to go back to a D cup :)
  • manfred4247
    Options
    Hi All,
    I am Mandy(manfred4247)a lurker on the board. I have been losing weight for three years now and am down 50 pounds. I hope to lose another 5-10. My goal three years ago was to get my bmi to a normal weight category. I will be there in 5 pounds. I to have taken my weight loss 5 pounds at a time.
    I can see why it has taken me so long to lose the weight when I enter in my food. I eat 1000 calories at dinner. I have to do something different.
    I am looking for suggestions.
  • 2LittlePeople
    Options
    Hi, I'm Amy...2LittlePeople. It took a while to find this group but here I am...

I need to lose 20-25 pounds. I did pretty well a couple of years ago and actually lost to within 10 pounds of my goal weight but didn't do much last year so now the weight is back. I need to lose and keep it off.

I have just restarted 30 Day Shred last week. The goal is to be able to do 30 Days 3Xs a week.
  • careree22
    careree22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HI! I'm Carrie (Careree22) I am only 22 and 100lbs overweight! I am focusing on the smaller goal of about 60 lbs at first! I just want to be under 200! I am not so much concerned with how I look I just want to be able to walk up and down stairs and not have to catch my breath at the top! I am doing the C25K program, but after the first day yesterday and my small panic attack halfway through I have learned that I have to fit the program to my body... Welcome ladies! I hope we can all stick together and stick it out!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!
  • Jen4three
    Options
    I'm Jen (Oct17bride). I'd like to lose 75#. my motivation is a baby! We're ttc and may be going to ivf if I'm not currently preggers (in tww). Plus I'd like to just feel healthier!
  • 2GigglyGirls
    Options
    Mindy here (2GigglyGirls)... I'm going to try to stick with MFP this year. I started seriously working out last April with a Cross Fit trainer and my body has made amazing changes, but I haven't lost that much weight... obviously diet needs to change. I did have Cross Fit yesterday and will be going to the gym for an hour of elliptical tonight and doing a tv workout with the kids afterwards. Breakfast today was a protein shake (going to focus on those as they seem to really help my aches and pains after working out so much).

ETA: I need to lose 45lbs. I have feet and hip issues, so it gets interesting, but I know I can do it this year!!
  • leahmfunk
    leahmfunk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm LeahMT on BBC. (mostly a lurker, occasional commenter :o) I had my "baby" over 2 years ago, and right now I'm at the highest weight I've ever been at in my life. I weigh more now than I ever did...even more than when I was pregnant both times!!!! So so so sad to me and I'm not really sure how I let myself get to this point, but I'm ready to start. I would ultimately like to lose 60 lbs. I need to stick with MFP because I know it works. I've seen many successes from friends and family that have used this long term. My issue is that I HATE EXERCISING! My job is at a computer so I literally sit All Day Long! It is pathetic, but I need to get my body moving.

Q: what is the primal diet? I'm curious.
  • Cindy4866
    Cindy4866 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I restarted this journey on July 10th and have lost 37 lbs. I still have more to lose but mainly this year I have to start exercising. One of my sons is a Boy Scout and plans to earn his cycling merit badge this year and I am going to go on the rides with him. We have to do two 10 miles rides, two 15 mile, two 25 mile and end with a 50 mile ride that we plan on doing in August. I am also thinking of doing the Willis (Sears) Tower climb this November.
  • knopper
    Options
    Hi, I am Karen (ohmyboys). I want to lose 10-20 pounds this year and most importantly keep it off!! I was up and down last year, down 5 from my 2012 starting weight at the end of the year but gained and lost 20ish :(
  • mdb3383
    Options
    Hey everyone! thanks for inviting me to join =)

I'm Melissa (mdb3383 on bbc also) and I am just starting to use this site. My ultimate weight loss goal is probably around 75 pounds, but my 2013 goal is to lose 40 lbs. Of course I want to look good, but mostly I want to be happier and more in shape in general. I want to just be more comfortable in my own skin =)

Today I did horrible on calories, but I didn't have any coke! It's a freaking miracle =) II took my boys out to lunch and I really wanted a coke, but I had some water and some sprite (I know it sounds like the same thing, but I'm totally addicted to the coke, and sprite just doesn't have the same pull for me =) And dinner I had lemonade and water. I also did some random workout I found on pinterest. Not the greatest day ever, but I'm ok with the baby steps =)
  • want2behappy31
    want2behappy31 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm ***ashley*** on baby center.

I will be 30 in August and I'm really stressing about it for some reason. I've made myself a promise that I won't be "fat at 30". I have about 100 pounds that I want to lose. I know there is no way for that to happen by Aug. but I'll at least be working towards it.