Spartan Sprint (Burnett)

Options
melzteach
melzteach Posts: 550 Member
Last year I did a Sprint, a 5K, an 8K, and the Beast. I can't wait for Mayto do the Sprint again. Who's doing it too?

Replies

• myvgurl
    Options
    I'm doing it! Just gotta sign up. Spartan Race has a $15 discount with coupon code RESOLUTION. Aroo! I also signed up for Warrior Dash in March.
  • LadyMud17
    LadyMud17 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Beast in Vt this year,, and the training starts now! I can run 10k,, so I just gotta work up to the 20k.:heart::heart:
  • myvgurl
    Options
    The beast is pretty hard. Definitely get your endurance up since 13+ miles is brutal as it is and then you throw obstacles in....be prepared for anything basically. I did the one in texas and there was a lot of water obstacles, walls, barbed wire and lots of climbing. It was a lot of fun! Can't wait to do it again this year hopefully.
  • melzteach
    Options
    I did the Beast In Glen Rose a few weeks ago. It was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life...and I loved every minute of it! Defiantly work on upper body and core strength to prepare for any Spartan...either that or practice burpees!
    I desperately want to get my trifecta but the cost of travel and the race is a bit much. I did the Sprint in Burnett last year and I'm so excited to do it agin in 2013!
  • LadyMud17
    Options
    I have run a few of the spartan sprint, got a hurrican heat to prep for and the beast within a month of each other. My upper body is usually good, no problems with walls and such. I have a practice climbing rope in the back yard. I figure endurance and hill work are going to be big. That and lots of burpees,, lots and lots of burpees in those runs :)
  • myvgurl
    Options
    Definitely practice burpees, I did close to 200 during the race. :(
  • LadyMud17
    Options
    Dang,, 200,,, hummm maybe I should just drop and do 20 every waking hour:happy:
  • melzteach
    Options
    That's not too bad of an idea!
  • acain123
    Options
    Hello! How cool to find this group since I have also signed up for the Sprint in Burnett, TX. This will be my first so I am training for it early, working on cardio and weight loss now with Insanity and will later follow the WOD's to prepare. It's been a long time since I have done any competitive race... I'm exited but also a little scared!!
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Beast in Vt this year,, and the training starts now! I can run 10k,, so I just gotta work up to the 20k.:heart::heart:
    You are in for a treat! And by treat I mean a major *kitten* kicking!!! The Vt Beast is the hardest one on the schedule, it's gotten quite the reputation. I hope to make it up there one day to do the Ultra Beast (2 laps). Good luck!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I signed up to volunteer, then race the VT Beast. Little worried that I'm also signed up for a half marathon the following week, so really must kick training into high gear!
  • LadyMud17
    Options
    Woot! you will see me at the VT Beast!! Ihope you run it,, it will be fabulous :)