Hi! Introduce yourself here!

Hi everyone! My name is Ashley, I'm 30 and have an awesome son and hubby. I'm looking to meet and share my journey with others in Central Oregon. I hope to fine more people in the area to support each other on the message boards here, start a walking group, or a recipe swap. Welcome to the group!

Replies

• Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,803 Member
    I actually live in Salem so i'm a ways away from you but its nice to find people in the same state at least. Hopefully more people will find this thread.
  • I hope people will find us too!!
  • Hi guys,
    My name is Patty. I live in Bend and am committing to a Take Shape for Life program with the help of a coach who is also a dear friend. I hope this turns out to be a good thing since I want her honesty and would welcome her kicking me in the *kitten*, a-la Jillian Michaela, if necessary! LOL

I know why I am fat, know my triggers, and am really clear on why I am doing this NOW. I know because... (Gulp) ... I have lost 140 pounds before with a gastric bypass back in 2001. However, as I can certainly testify, it is gastric surgery, not BRAIN surgery. Since old habits and coping choices have crept back in, the weight has crept back on. I will not go backward any more.

Generally I am kind of a solitary regimen gal but I have started to think that staying in touch with others who share his struggle can be a good thing as long as that communication is genuine and positive. I admit, I could use a little affirmation on that front as I have been somewhat burned in the past with giving a lot and not really receiving... How has staying in touch with strangers through this forum helped you? Please share!

I would live to offer support and get an atta-girl now and then if you will have me. Having contacts to share a laugh with is critical for my success, truly critical. This is a tough journey for sure, but not rocket science. Less drama and more chutzpah and determination is my motto! For me, I simply have to say NO to old habits and commit to working in some new ones - like exercise! This one will be tough due to time but I know it is doable.

I would love to hear from you to get looped in as soon as possible. I am on my IPad every night and morning and will be a great, sensitive support buddy. Hope to hear from someone:)
    Patty
  • Fodao
    Fodao Posts: 62 Member
    Hey there!

I'm Raimie. I'm 38, I live in Bend (and I'm a proud native of C.O.!), and I joined MFP to try to motivate me to get my body back in its 2011-2012 form. I've really fallen out of shape in the last few years, partly in thanks to college (recently graduated!) and partly in thanks to a bit of a lifestyle slump brought on by some personal issues in the last few years.

My goal is to be trail-ready by this spring so that I can reacquire one of my favorite past times that I pretty much neglected last summer: hiking and backpacking.

This is the first New Year's resolution I've ever made, so hopefully this fact will give my goal a bit more gravity as I pursue it.

Nice to meet you all!