Vegan Protein Shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Not a protein shake per se but adding Jarrow's Iso-Rich soy protein to my cereal milk this morning boosted my morning granola up to 35g of protein.. lol ;)
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I use Nutribiotic brown rice protein, plain or chocolate. It doesn't have a lot of flavor on its own and goes well with pretty much everything. I have also tried pea and hemp protein, but like the taste of rice protein better.

I use this, too! I bought it at Whole Foods. :smile:
  • sailfast23
    Options
    Hi, I am new to this and have been trying many different kinds of powders. I like the vega products the best. Anyone here have a preference between the vega one and the vega sport powder? Any reason? I can't seem to decided which type is the best for me. I have also used the garden for life vanilla, it is okay (not as tasty as the vega products) but I try to limit my soy as I eat tofu in my salads during they day and worry about too much soy intake.
  • SuperVegan8
    SuperVegan8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Since my last post ive tried a new type of shake - i used to recommend the nitrofusion protein but ive found that the sun-warrior brand (chocolate) is much more pleasant and raw vegan too :)
  • MeanieD
    MeanieD Posts: 79
    Options
    Since my last post ive tried a new type of shake - i used to recommend the nitrofusion protein but ive found that the sun-warrior brand (chocolate) is much more pleasant and raw vegan too :)

Neat! I've seen ads for that powder in VegNews, but haven't ventured out to try it because I didn't see any sampler packs. I'll have to try it next.
  • skinnybetch78
    skinnybetch78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump
    I'm glad someone asked this, as I am searching for the same thing!
    I just made a smoothie with berries, spinach, almond milk and Garden of Life Raw Protein (vanilla). Can't say I'm sold. It's too chalky and has a weird aftertaste.
  • dcaswell10
    dcaswell10 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Biochem's 100% Vegan Protein Powder is good. It is made from all natural plant sources including:. Highly Digestable Seed Protein. Organic Hemp Seed Protein. Antioxidant Rich Cranberry Protein. Contains isolated highly digestable pea protein organic hemp protein and antioxidant rich cranberry protein. . Pea Protein is rich in amino acids such as bone supporting L-Lysine energy supporting BCAAs (Branched Chain Amino Acids) cardiovascular supporting L-Arginine and muscle supporting L-Glutamine. . Hemp provides dietary fiber for digestive support. . Hemp is a valuable source of amino acid-rich complete protein. . Hemp is unique in that it offers not only fiber and protein but also the important essential fatty acids Omega-3 and Omega-6. . No animal derived material (completely vegan). . No added sodium. The sodium content is organic sodium suppled naturally by the pea protein.