Day 2

Options
Elphaba91
Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
So, presuming we haven't all fallen off the bandwagon already, it's day 2! How's it treating everyone?

I woke up this morning feeling okay, just a little sore in my thighs. Then in the warm up and circuit 1 I REALLY felt it all over! But at the same time, I felt I'd improved already! I wore an extra bra over my sports bra so that definitely helped with the bounce factor so my jacks were heaps better, plus I felt my crunches were better - a little bit higher and coming more from my and then just my neck (bad, I know). I also didn't stop at all, just had a swig of water between sets a couple of times. By the end I felt great, but now a few hours later (I'm in Australia so am ahead of most of you) I'm pretty sore! I'm having trouble moving from standing to sitting or vice versa, struggled a bit on my 10 minute walk to the bus stop & my abs were aching on the bumpy bus ride! But, I do feel more energized & might even do some more light cardio this afternoon! Ready for day 3... almost!

Replies

• L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congrats on finishing up day 2. I finished up day two as well today. I keep saying I am ready for day 3 but that's just me trying to motivate myself. I am not aching. Hopefully it won't be too bad tomorrow.

Good luck on day 3!
  • candy_mcswole
    candy_mcswole Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm about to do my day2 , thigh muscles are a little sore but nothing too bad. :)
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    congrats on the first 2 days. It does get easier (:
    I finished week 1 yesterday (I started early). Today is a rest day then on to week 2.
    Keep up the excellent work!
  • CINNAMON77_00
    CINNAMON77_00 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I strted a day early...so yesterday was Day 3. I can barely walk today. MIght be the Wii Zumba I did AFTER day 3...not sure. Anyway, is anyone doing the diet thing online with Jillian? www.jillianmichael.com/free (for 30 days...)??
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    wow guys you're awesome to have already tackled day 2 I have to wait until after 6 when I get off work, but I made a weekly calander that I put up for me to see once I walk into my room so I know I need to do my 30dayshred :). I'm a bit afriad of how my body is going to react to day 2 lol.
  • L_Stradford
    Options
    I strted a day early...so yesterday was Day 3. I can barely walk today. MIght be the Wii Zumba I did AFTER day 3...not sure. Anyway, is anyone doing the diet thing online with Jillian? www.jillianmichael.com/free (for 30 days...)??

I have seen one of her diets before. Realistically, I don't eat that way and for me, it would be just that.....a diet. One that I either wouldn't stick with or that I would for 30 days and on the 31st day pig out from everything I couldn't eat for the first 30 days.

I have found that I do better by simply watching what I eat. I am proud of myself that I haven't restricted anything at all and am still losing weight and inches by just eating right and exercising.

If you choose to do it though, I'll gladly cheer you on and motivate you as I don't think that it could hurt in any way. It's just that I don't want to set myself up to fail something that I know for a fact I wouldn't stick with.
  • scorpiana89
    scorpiana89 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

I have seen one of her diets before. Realistically, I don't eat that way and for me, it would be just that.....a diet. One that I either wouldn't stick with or that I would for 30 days and on the 31st day pig out from everything I couldn't eat for the first 30 days.

I have found that I do better by simply watching what I eat. I am proud of myself that I haven't restricted anything at all and am still losing weight and inches by just eating right and exercising.

If you choose to do it though, I'll gladly cheer you on and motivate you as I don't think that it could hurt in any way. It's just that I don't want to set myself up to fail something that I know for a fact I wouldn't stick with.

Ditto, and well said. I'm just trying to focus on eating well and making good choices, not committed to eating this or that specifically, and a balanced diet.
  • L_Stradford
    Options

Ditto, and well said. I'm just trying to focus on eating well and making good choices, not committed to eating this or that specifically, and a balanced diet.

Exactly! I don't do diets. They don't work and it took me years to finally realize that I am still going to eat Olive Garden's bread with Alfredo sauce, when I go to Happy Hour at Friday's, I will have a margarita AND a Mudslide with a little extra vodka on the side, plus; I like to have wine every now and then, and I love mozerella sticks. So, I am not punishing myself.

Instead, I'll only go to Happy Hour twice a month, have wine once a week, and visit Olive Garden on my free eat day! A little compromise and the body has proven to take well to the changes.
  • leeza898
    leeza898 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's also Day 3 for me. I used heavier weight for the chest fly to give the workout a bit of a kick. The beggining strength is the hardest for me so I use just a 2 pound weight.

As for the healthy eating, I use JM's diet as a guide and pattern my food choices from her plan. I entered my own food menu here and will try my best to follow it.
  • vhaynes83
    vhaynes83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    day 4 for me! its getting easier!
  • botaijm
    botaijm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Completed day 2! I was a little sore when I woke up but I pushed through and got it done! And then did 1 mile on the elliptical. I usually do 2.5 miles, but my legs couldn't take more than a mile today!
  • skshaw
    skshaw Posts: 2
    Options
    This is the first time I've been involved in a group like this. It's so nice to see other people feeling like I do!

I woke up a little sore, but my husband was geared up to go for a walk. Being the supportive spouse I am, I went along... for the whole four miles. When we got home, I made him shred with me. I fully expecting to be practically immobile tomorrow.
  • mjmbjmgjm1
    mjmbjmgjm1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I made it through day 2 this morning before work....I so didn't want to get up lol
    My thighs are pretty sore, but it seemed to be a little easier. :)
  • monasuli
    Options
    Just finished day 2!!
  • no_worries
    no_worries Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I, sadly, only got through half of the Day 1 workout. So Today is Day 1.5. I did the program a few months ago, October I think, and it was much easier then, and even though I only got through half of the video I'm still sore today!
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Did day 2 and went straight from that to a 30 min walk with the dog, feeling very sore but very energised ;)
  • anieves815
    anieves815 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Day 2 down ! I think tomro I'm going to use heavier weights for the chest flys. I've been using 3.3lb weights so far and when I do the chest flys I don't feel like I'm working anything lol
  • Jaynehr
    Jaynehr Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely feeling the soreness in my arms, but it's a good feeling. Tonight was my 1 hour zumba class and then I'll be back to 30 Day Shred tomorrow. I'd like to stick to level 1 for 10 days and then move on to level 2 on January 11th.
  • kanncm
    kanncm Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Done with day 2 and I too am just eating better and using MFP to help me stay on track.
  • Melissa132129
    Melissa132129 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I woke up today sore everywhere (abs, thighs, shoulders and back) but I took some pain pills and got through day 2. I have a feeling that I will be sore again tomorrow : (