Updated Calories...

Options
Taes_Hunt
Taes_Hunt Posts: 41 Member
Hey all!!!

I have just updated my goals so that I am on maintenance instead of a deficit and my calories went up by 1000!!! I was barely hitting the 1520 I was 'assigned'... I dont see ANY WAY I will make it to 2520. Did any of you ladies experience the hike in calories once you changed your goals? What did you do? Please help, I dont want to force myself to eat... :frown:

Replies

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I can appreciate how big of an adjustment that would be! Just focus on eating quality foods and eating often. Don't eat junk just to meet your calorie goals. Calorie-dense foods like peanut butter may help :) Avocados are great, too!
  • angking23
    angking23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same thing here and I know if I hit that calorie goal I will blow up! I am a little over 12 weeks and just trying to listen to my body and eat healthy although Ive felt so terrible it hasnt been easy lol.
  • Taes_Hunt
    Taes_Hunt Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if I am going to track my food... I am going to focus on eating healthy but not worry so much about the calories. Once I speak to my OB I will be able to gauge it more. Dont want to stress about it so much right now.

Good luck to both of you!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    More calorie-dense foods (full fat yogurt, peanut butter, etc.) Slowly ease into your calories. Add 100 or so every few days until you get there.

As long as you're getting at least around 2,000 calories or so, you should be okay. My calorie goal is close to 2,700 now and there are days when I don't get there either. More importantly, you should make sure you're getting enough iron and calcium.