Friends?

Options
inskydiamonds
inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
Since we're all committing to a pound a week and are going to be working together for the next year let's get to know each other! Make friends! Add friends!

I'm Elizabeth.
I'm 26 and am a law student.
I have been about 50 lbs overweight since my 2nd year of college. About 2 years ago I started MFP and over the time I was a member I lost 50 lbs through watching what I ate and some exercise - but mostly portion control. I have food issues with stress clearly and managed to gain most of the weight back after a tough end of 2012.

I am definitely excited to be a part of this group and get back to the goal I had achieved.

Replies

• lexieflick
    lexieflick Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey I need some friends to keep me accountable! I am 18, a college freshmen, 5'8" and 165 lbs. My goal is 140-145, depending on how I look/feel.
  • chellie47
    chellie47 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well I am a lil older :) I am 49 and here for the duration. I started MFP on May 31, 2012 and have lost 54 lbs so far. I am live in Michigan and we have a ton of snow! Please add me if you would like!
  • steffi_64
    Options
    Morning
    My name is Stephanie and if I could lose a pound a week but then keep it off then I will be one happy bunny.
    Any help I can give please ask...I have broad shoulders and am a good listener...
  • HippieMamaOf2
    HippieMamaOf2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Andrea. I am thirty-six, which seems to be on the older side around here. I have lost some weight, but still have quite a bit to lose.

I have polycystic kidne disease (PKD). I'm hoping to get the excess weight off before I require dialysis. I won't be posting pics of my stomach because as I lose weight, my stomach actually looks larger due to my huge kidneys. So dont expect posts from me about bikini body shape, lol! I have started a thread for those group members with chronic health conditions to chat about the challenges that health problems bring to the weight loss journey.

I would love to have friends added from this group. It will be a great motivator.

Andrea
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I am Jennifer! :flowerforyou:

I just turned 40 a couple months ago .. yuck. I am having a hard time with that.

I am from Upstate New York and I want to lose allllllll my weight ..lol
  • disneymomamy
    Options
    Hi My name is amy and I am 43 years old and need to lose between 25-50 lbs. I live in Indiana and am a stay at home mom.
    Please friend me if you want and I will try my best to be encouraging to you on this journey to be healthy :)
  • karebear22776
    karebear22776 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hello all. So nice that we can all make the journey to be healthier together. My name is Karen and I am from Toronto. I have about 15 lbs to lose ...am totally addicted to chocolate but am dedicated to take off the weight now...I have some important events coming up and I wanna look/feel great.
  • trina33
    trina33 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! My name is Karen and I live in the Buffalo NY area. I am 40 Yrs. old and I'm a stay at home mom of five kids. I joined MFP a while ago, but never bothered to actually use it until recently. I finally decided to get serious and make a change for the better. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and helping each other stay on track.
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :flowerforyou:

I am Rose.... looks like I am the oldest so far. I am 55 and a single mom. Some days I feel young.... some days I can barely move. It all depends on the weather and if I am playing my drums. I am originally from PA and now live in DE. My daughter came back home while she is attending college to become either a PA or RN. She is getting the nursing degree first. I have 2 rescue doggies, Jack ( a yorkie jack russell mix ) is 16 and Max (a boston terrier) is 3.

I had gastric bypass back in 2004 and went from 330 down to 174... I was so close to reaching my dream goal weight of 150... but I sabatoged myself with self esteem issues. I have been losing and gaining these 40 lbs for about 3 years.

I have degenerative joint disease. I have replaced both knees and had spinal fusion. The doctors tell me it is just a matter of time before I replace all my other joints. I found out last year that I was vitamin D deficient.... which is probably what caused all my problems with my bones. :sad:

I absolutely hate to exercise. I need lots of encouragement when it comes to exercise. Believe me when I tell you, I can think of and or find an excuse to not exercise. I know that the more I move, the less I will hurt with the arthritis. It is just getting myself to do it every day.

Feel free to send me a friend reqeust.

Rose
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this thread and reading everyone's bios! GREAT IDEA!!!

My name is Jodie and I'm a stay at home mom to 4 kiddos. (15,13,8,6) I'm 38 and have been married 20 years last June. Yep, married my high school sweetheart at 18 and we are still together! :heart: He has a crazy, stressful job at a nuclear power plant and so I often feel like a single mom. He does what he can, whenever he can but works 50-60 hours week, always. So keeping up with all my kids is CRAZY, HARD, STRESSFUL, BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!!!! LOL

I'm 38, almost 39 years old and honestly have spent most of the last 20 years OVERWEIGHT!!! That's OVER half of my life WASTED on DIETS, being unhappy, depressed at times.... I've lost the weight a couple of times but can never maintain the loss because I DIETED and didn't form a HEALTHY LIFESTYLE!!!!!!

So here I am, realizing FINALLY DIETS DON'T WORK! I'm DETERMINED MORE THAN EVER to create and maintain a healthy lifestyle and lose just 1 POUND A WEEK! I'm establishing healthy habits that I can do FOREVER!!!!! This will be the LAST TIME I LOSE WEIGHT!!!!! Every pound I lose will be gone FOREVER!!!!!

SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE!!!!!!!!!!!

I super excited so many others are joining me on this journey! I love all the support and help that we can give each other!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • bjcl
    bjcl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Bettyjane, I am from NYC but live in PA. I was skinny as a young girl and teenager but after 5 children I have put on weigh. I have lost 40 lbs many times. I am trying to go slower now, and trying to not just Iose but keep off the weigh. I am way older than most of you, but that doesn't make any difference we can work on this together.
  • PosiesforRosie
    PosiesforRosie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Razia. I live in the UK. I've always struggled with losing and keeping the weight off - I want to to lose about 40lbs.
    Looking forward to supporting and getting to know everyone.

Happy to accept anyone who sends me a friend request.

Razia :)
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Hi to all :flowerforyou: I'm Cathy from KY, 48 soon to be 49, married, the hubby and I have 4 kids between the 2 of us. I am a nurse practitioner for a cardiology group and am as unhealthy as most of the patients I see :cry: I KNOW BETTER THAN TO BE THIS WAY!!! I HAVE TO CHANGE!!!

I have lost the same 30+ pounds NUMEROUS times and this time it has to go FOR GOOD :explode: I usually start off strong then weaken as time goes by :embarassed: do really well all day and come home and start eating whatever's in sight :sad: I need a good strong support system in order to accomplish this lifestyle change and this group seems to be THE ONE!!! I am so glad this group was started and we have US to lean on!!

I promise to be truthful, supportive, inspirational and motivational to this wonderful group all for the exchange of becoming healthy and living a active, longer life....pretty good exchange I think :wink:
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm Lelah and I live in Michigan. I'm 45, married with 6 kids (23,21,18,18,14,5) his, mine and ours. I teach full time and have the majority of the house /family responsibility, due to the fact my husband works in St. Louis , mo and is only home weekends and sometimes misses a weekend here or there due to work issues.

My weight loss journey started in high school. I was maybe 10 lbs over weight but felt like I was huge, so dieted. I remained thinish until I got preg with my daughter ( 60 lbs) I then lost it, got preg, gained 80, lost it, got preg, gained 80, lost it. Was close to goal and then hurt my neck (herniated disc) and have gained back some of the weight.

This year I am focusing on eating healthy, getting activity that I can without re-injuring my neck. I am excited to be part of an active group, to get support on my journey. I struggle in the evening, so I'm wanting a group that I can check in with each night.
  • Tojsmom
    Tojsmom Posts: 51
    Options
    Hello Ladies & Gents,

My name is Julie I live in VA, married for 15 years to my hubby, we have 3 children (13,8,3). Over the last yeaof 2012 I was able to lose aprox 45 pounds, but with the Holidays & issue I have with my right leg (lymphadema) I have gained aprox 7-10 pounds back.

My long term goal is to learn to Love running, so that I can run in some sort of race with my 2 sisters. I haven't ran since it was mandatory in P.E for school. Lol Last year over the summer I did try running but always felt like I was weighed down because of my right leg being so much larger than my left.

My hopes is to lose another 25-30 lbs to see if this will help with getting my leg under control from not carrying all this weight around.

To anyone who would like to add me as a friend please feel free.
  • cubbie_girl
    cubbie_girl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Greetings from the Sandbox!

My name is Shawna and I'm a 29yo single mommy of a preschooler. I'm active duty, so I'm a resident of Iowa, I live in SC and right now I work in Afghanistan. I maintained a nice healthy 125-130 lbs all through college until I met my now ex-husband and then I blew up. During my last semester I gained almost 20 lbs and by the time we married just over a year later I had gained another 25 lbs. My ex's grandmother said it was "love weight", when you are so in love you don't feel like you have to be someone you aren't and you let yourself eat whatever you want. Looking back at the stress and emotional roller coaster of that time, I think my emotional binging was more likely the cause.

After enlisting, I lost over 30 lbs during my training and was feeling good about my weight until I got pregnant and gained it all back. I had my daughter and lost some of the baby weight over time, but after the divorce and more roller coaster-ing, I found I was getting really close to my full-term pregnancy weight and I got really scared.

Being deployed is a great time to get back into healthy habits except for one thing - the chow hall. YUCK! It's hard to eat healthy and not just eat a salad for every meal. But I've lost 12 lbs since getting here and I'm not quite done with my rotation. My goal was to lose 30 lbs total while deployed and that's right about the 1 lb a week goal we all share.
  • cmdoiy
    cmdoiy Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm a 35-year old high school English teacher who works full-time. I have a 22-month old toddler, and my husband and I will be celebrating our 3rd anniversary in two weeks.

I realize that I've spent a large portion of my life obsessing about my weight, wanting to be thin, and being sad that I am fat. It's a vicious cycle. I've often been angry with myself for not taking action when it's so clear that my health is at risk because of the weight. Now that I'm a parent, I am scared that I'll die early and leave my young son without a mother. It's not just about me anymore.

When I'm not thinking about my weight, I'm constantly thinking about food or mindlessly eating stuff I might not even really want. I might start to eat healthily and to exercise, but I always seem to stop, even when I am making good progress. Maybe part of me is scared to be thin.

I'll be 36 in May. I think it's finally time to accept that the only way I will get healthy is if I put in the work to do it. I would love to make friends with people who are on a similar journey.
  • tasnimen
    Options
    Hi!:flowerforyou:
    I'm a mom of 2 living in Tunisia, come from Sweden. I lost 20 kg's, first 10 here on Mfp, next 10 with the help of another site. I came back here now to get rid of the last 12, mainly because this site is less complicated and I noticed that here I'm told to eat better.:bigsmile:
    We'll see if I'll be able to lose 1 pound a week, but I sure could use the challenge to get myself back on track.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Nice to meet you all. My name is Chris. I live in Florida and am a 48 yo unemployed (8 months now) legal assistant. Married for 6.5 years, but separated at least 1/2 that time - at different times (currently for about 9 months).

I've been struggling with my weight for a very long time - when I cared enough to struggle with it. I know I weighed 200 or close to it at my highest, but didn't get on a scale until I was 188. I'm 5'5". I've been on MFP for over a year, but took quite a bit of time off as I suffer from depression occasionally (with no meds/insurance) and went through my lowest time ever. I came out of it determined to do what I started out doing and I've been pretty successful so far.

I've lost a total of 43 lbs to date (not counting the 10-15 I put back on and lost again) and have another 10-15 to go.

I sent out 5 requests this morning for people that weren't already on my list. Hope to get some from others on here as well.

Here's to a very happy, healthy and productive 2013!

Chris
  • dellmech
    dellmech Posts: 113
    Options
    Hello! I'm the first guy posting it appears. My name is Luke. 34 years old and am an Engineer at Caterpillar. I'm married with 2 kids (8 and 6 year old) I didn't start dieting until 2 years ago on/off. I am a crash dieter and I seem to take it to the extreme which is probably why I seem to quit within 2 months. I've been within 8.5 lbs of my goal weight once so I know I can do it.

I seem to try to lose weight using less food and not much exercise. I hope to stay true to my treadmill until the weather turns warmer and I can run outside (much more fun when you aren't just running in place).

I'm hoping this time around I don't starve myself which (in the past) sent me over the edge and I'd devour all the food in our house and quit. I want to be healthy for my kids and attractive to my wife!

I'm online quite a bit so if you'd like...friend request me and we can help each other out.