Baby steps for a new life

Options
moonpoppy
moonpoppy Posts: 11 Member
OK! I've figured out that if I have something I know I shouldn't - and then I don't put it into MyFitnessPal app - then I feel soooo guilty.

Which is why my 2013 main goal is to use MyFitnessPal app EVERY DAY!

I have to lose min. 37kilos - preferably within 8 months, safely and wisely by following a primarily-plant based diet. This is because in my mind I have set my operation date as late August (bilateral mastectomy & reconstruction) - it's a really big operation, some 12 - 14 hours in total, so I owe it to myself to Get Fit For Life!

So I need to keep away from sugar, away from dairy ... and really up my intake of raw vegetables & fruit as well as do aquaerobics 3x a week (which includes a 2 mile walk to the gym) plus really do lots more walking, in preparation for my participation in Iceland Moonwalk 2014 (26 miles).

My goals are therefore:

1. Log in and use MyFitnessPal app every day - and not to beat myself up or feel shameful if I have a not-so-good day!
2. Attend aquaerobics 3 x per week minimum at our local gym
3. Walk 10 miles a week, building to 20 miles per week by end July 2013
4. Aim to lose 6k per month (to end July 2013)

Replies

• eckabad
    eckabad Posts: 49
    Options
    You're deffinately not alone with feeling guilty about going over your calorie count, people do it ALL THE TIME! I've been guilty of it a couple times too. But that's why this program works so well! stick with it, you won't regret it!
  • moonpoppy
    moonpoppy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm actually reading Brene Brown's books about "Shame" this week ... and I did feel incredibly ashamed when I popped into our local chemist this morning and took an up-to-date reading. I can't believe how heavy I am - so now my target is to lose 45 kilos!!!! MINIMUM :)