The Right Shoes!

Options
LPCoder
LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
I love Zumba, but dancing in gym shoes were just not working for me. They tend to be hard to twist in and it puts stress on my knee joint. I went to my local Rogans Shoe store where they carry all sorts of sport shoes. I found a pair of Capezio jazz shoes that are wonderful. I just did my first workout with them and they are a dream! I STRONGLY recommend all you dancers out there to try on a pair.

Replies

• SlvrLyssa
    SlvrLyssa Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'll have to look for some of those. I was going to buy these: Zumba Women's Z-Kickz Dance Shoe. But they are $75, so a total splurge.
  • shilohae
    shilohae Posts: 23
    Options
    I just bought the Bloch Wave dance shoe...it is being shipped as I type lol! The reviews were great for them. I hope they live up to my expectations since I Zumba 2-3x a week :0)
  • fda1210
    fda1210 Posts: 6
    Options
    I was able to find a pair a little cheaper from an ebay store based in Florida!
  • Zumba_Chloe
    Zumba_Chloe Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've been having the same problem! So I managed to buy a pair of Z-Kicks on eBay for a lot cheaper than the Zumba website asks for. They should be here by today or tomorrow. If they get here today I'll be testing them in my Zumba class tonight. :)
  • BecsWeeble
    Options
    I have the Bloch ones, have to say they are very comfortable, light and very easy to bend the feet, a lot of people in my class also have them including the Instructor.

Becs - (possibly the largest Zumba mover here :) )
  • breelicious
    breelicious Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I WAS HAVING ALOT OF SHOE PROBLEMS. i FOUND SOME RYKA CROSS TRAINERS. I DONT THINK ILL EVER BUY ANY OTHER WORKOUT SHOES. MOST COMFORTABLE SHOE EVER.
  • reesfaith
    reesfaith Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi I just joined and have been doing Zumba for about 2 months now. I was also searching for a lighter weight shoe. I have been contemplating on the Z-Kicks, how have they been working out for you? Also, what seller did you buy them from on Ebay? Thanks so much! Zumba love :)
  • mamavanryan
    mamavanryan Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem.. I dance with my socks on
  • Mrsbouff
    Options
    I've been using my running shoes but they don't allow me to move the way I want.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,108 Member
    Options
    Jumping in kind of late here but I've wanted to add zumba to my life and have tried a bit HOWEVER I did not have any suitable shoes. I just a pair of Capezio Fierce Dansneakers. If you ever consider these and are ordering online (so you're not able to try them on) please heed the advice and comments people have left---order a larger size. I got mine 1 1/2 sizes larger and I think they are the right size. And you definitely can slide in these---almost too much.
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi there, you know that old worn pair of sneakers that are in the back of your closet that are
    really comfy but should probably be in the trash? Perfect tor Zumba! Try em out.
    You will be amazed!
  • Ashlyerin92
    Options
    I tend to do Zumba in socks, which is a bit more comfortable now that I have the video games for it. But I found these carpet sliders on Amazon that are only $10. They are made just for Zumba. You just slip them over your tennis shoes and dance! I haven't tried them personally but they got pretty decent reviews. Hope that helps!

http://www.amazon.com/Zumba-Carpet-Gliders-for-Shoes/dp/B008DVF0BC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357167788&sr=8-1&keywords=zumba+sliders
  • Sarahbear83
    Sarahbear83 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My husband got me a pair of Zumba shoes for Christmas and they have been amazing. They are so light weight and I noticed after my first class with them that my knees and ankles weren't hurting anymore and that my feet weren't cramping up. Definitely worth the investment.