Introduce yourself

Options
My name is Cody William Paul Barker and I am 19 years old. I currently am in college studying electronics. My hobbies include guitar, web design, electronics(mainly computers), computer and console games, reading, making YouTube videos, giving intuitive readings, and writing poetry.

I am an empathic psychic although my empathy has outgrown its name and flows into the clairsentient name. I feel more than just emotions. I feel energies, messages, and more. My psychic self sprouted up when I was two years old and I never looked back. I have been a practicing witch for four years now (will be four on Samhain) and have been studying for six years. My Matrons include: Nyx (Greek Goddess of Night, Consort of Erebus, Mother of Thantos), and Aset(Egyptian Goddess of Magic, the ideal mother and wife as well as the patron of nature, Consort of Asar) and my Patrons include: Erebus (Greek God of darkness, Consort to Nyx), Thantos (Greek God of Death, Son of Nyx and Erebus), and Asar (Egyptian God of the afterlife, the underworld and the dead, Consort to Aset). My path mainly focuses on massage, the chakras, the aura, and working with the deceased and the ancestors.

My Weight Goal: 170lbs
Current Weight: 262.2lbs

Replies

• clairedance
    Options
    Hi Cody & future members! My name is Claire, I'm 27 living in Madison, Wisconsin. I'm nature-spiritual and I'm learning the joy of healthy living! I'm in massage school right now and I'm excited for my new career.
  • vhines5
    vhines5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

My name is Valerie. I live in Riverside NJ. I am not a pagan, but am very curious out the spiritual/religious beliefs of others.

I look forward to learning!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Hi. Been practicing... Damn... 21 years now?
  • Cattallie
    Options
    Merry Meet guys and gals, I'm Catt, 32 5'11 SW: 245 CW:224 GW:170. I feel like I'm posting a personals add every time I intro myself. I am a solitary eclectic pagan. I live in Panama City Beach Florida and since it's a tourist town the pagan community here is lacking. However the Wiccan community is slight in the city, but while not every Wiccan is fake the majority of these kids are. So I stick to my not so Iittle self when it comes to practicing. I've practiced for 15 years and will be soon rededicating myself as soon as my alter room gets finished being remodled.

It seems the other pagan group has had a stall for post for a few months so lets keep this one going, As far as weightless ones all my info is spread out everywhere, I'm a low carb medically supervised lifestyle. Went from high blood pressure 138/84 to last weeks 116/72 in 30 days and I'm sure my cholesterol has one down as well, über energized and loving every minute of it.

Friend me if you would like! looking forward to see where this group goes.
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hey folks. My name is Amy, but Aeries works too if you have a hard time remembering.

I don't have a set religion, but my beliefs are definitely pagan. All I really know about my beliefs is that what I've experienced is real, and it has opened up doors to so many possibilities when it comes to the universe. Needless to say, what I've experienced has turned my life upside down and inside out and definitely played a strong role in shaping who I am.

I suppose what it comes down to in terms of definition is that I'm very paranormally sensitive. I sense spirit around me just about every minute of every day, and have been able to since I was maybe 14 years old after a run in with something that was definitely not very nice. Ever since, I've studied legends and mythology of all sorts to try to make sense of the things I've experienced, and therefore have a very deep interest in folklore and the possible truths behind it.

Outside of that, I'm a pretty average 21 year old. Full time job, pets, ridiculously head over heels for another pagan. You know. Regular stuff. I've got interests in lots of outdoor stuff, and I'm also a bit of a nerd and lead a guild of 125 people in an MMORPG. That last one is part of the reason why I'm here to lose the weight. Means a lot of time sitting around. However, I wouldn't trade it for anything.
  • vicktoria339
    Options
    Hi all - i dont really practise anymore (im military and dont really want others to know) but tis nice to know there are other folks who have the same ideas and opinions, even on this site! BB
  • PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    Well met! I'm known affectionately as Pom or Angel around the MFPverse. I've been here for about 65 days now, and I'm loving the results I'm getting. This place is magical!

I'd like to thank the person who created this group. The community, overall, seems to have a concentration of overweight people in it. I've also noticed a disturbing trend of people (mostly older men) who do not see their doctors nearly enough... I'm hoping to raise health awareness in the greater community.

Personally, I am the HPs of an Alexandrian coven in an area where there are a high concentration of pagans of every flavor. I have been actively practicing the Craft for more than 30 years. I also front a rock band (covers), and I am married to the love of my life, who is also a Witch.

I look forward to getting to know you. BB!
  • Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Em hotep, y'all!

I'm Kemetic. My major gods, in order of divination, are Heru-sa-aset (Horus), Ra, Sekhmet-hethert, Sobek and Djehuty (Thoth.) Heru is a big fan of having me improve my health and my martial arts practice. The others certainly don't complain about the idea.

My personal style tends towards journeywork and energy work. I'm a huge tai chi fan. I teach a beginner's tai chi class twice a week and practice with the sword at home.

In the past, I spent a few years with Wakinyan, the Lakota Thunder Being. So, if anyone ever wonders if I'm nuts, the automatic answer is, Duh! Before that, I was a Door Warden for a local Wiccan coven.
  • mamalangz8
    Options
    Merry meet! I'm Leslie and I've been out of the broomcloset for about 20ish years. I live in Seattle, WA with my daughter, wolfdog, cat, cornsnakes, and bearded recovering hippie (my partner).

I had surgery on my L5 two years ago, and my L4 is still torn, so working out and gaining weight has been a big challenge for me. I used to be super active and fit. I'm trying to get it back together, and looking for some like-minded support (as well as returning like-minded support).

Right now I'm finishing up the first Phase of The Fat Flush Plan. I've dropped a size already. I will be going in for my 3rd lipotropic shot on Saturday. When I move to Phase II of Fat Flush, I want to start working on the Lean P90X. I have to modify a fair amount of the moves, but hell, if I sweat and I'm burning calories, who cares, right? It's all about getting healthy slowly and not re-injuring myself.

Anyone interested in collaborating and motivating with an exercise regimen like P90X?

I'd love to start up a recipe thread for our holidays too. :)

Looking forward to getting to know this group.

Blessings.
    Leslie
  • MercurialScribes
    Options
    Merry Meet to all!

I am an almost 33 year old Wiccan/Pagan gal looking to meet some like-minded and supportive friends for this weight loss journey of mine. I just joined this site tonight, after much deliberation, and am very nervous about failing. I tend to set myself up for failure, but I really want/need to succeed this time!

I have been a practicing Witch for about eight years now, give or take, with some lapses, but I've really been trying to get more involved in the lifestyle, as well as losing weight! I absolutely love stones, and collect them... although most are in storage right now because of my current situation... I hope to get them out soon, as I really think they help me. I struggle with clinical depression, anxiety, and Dissociative Identity Disorder (my 'introduction' post is in the intro section with the title Dissociative Identity Disorder Weight Loss??). I use magick to help communicate with my "people" and to help us work toward common goals despite our obstacles. I would love to have some like-minded and supportive friends on this journey... I am dedicated to committing fully to this weight loss (I don't even know how much I weigh right now, as I don't own a scale, but I know it is between 280 and 300 pounds, and I am only 5'2" tall) and would love some support and help! I tried to get a couple of good friends to join, but no go, so I'm here by myself (or ourselves, as some of my "people" are on board with this too). Blessed be, and I hope to get to know some of you soon!
  • AraLiaMoonBeam
    Options
    i'm aralia... serious practicing pagan. happy samhain and full moon. it's a busy week! more soon. <3
  • Kev_witchcity
    Options
    My name is Kevin, I've been a practicing Wiccan and Witch for more than 20 years, ecclectic Solitary for 17 of them and initiated Alexandria-Gardnerian for the past 3 years. So far I'm liking the MFP experience, would love to meet more like-minded people here. Although with the number of posts lately in this group, we'll have to see...lol. Blessed Be!
  • bjean0
    bjean0 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    hello, Im Brandy (31), i am a nursing aide and a nursing student, i live in michigan and have 2 great kids and a great hubby.
    and have been practicing solitary or with just a few friends at times since i was 13ish.
  • Rldent
    Rldent Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi I'm Becky. I'm fairly new to my fitness pal. I'm 30 years old with 2 young boys and a husband. We have a small and zoo's worth of pets including dogs, cats, turtles, and hermit crabs. We live out in the middle of no where which is where we much prefer to be. A few years in the city and surrounding suburbs and we ran back to the peace and quite as soon as we could.
    I'm not sure how I would classify my religious views and when pressed by people face to face I often just tell them my own. I lean much more strongly toward a pagan path but I tend to be more nature oriented the god/goddess oriented. I think it's all a personal choice and as long as you are a good person and treat others with respect and kindness what you believe doesn't really matter. I have joined a Pagan Health and Fitness challenge on one of the blogs I read and am hoping that between that and MFP I will finally get past these 10 pounds and go further. I lose about 15 to 20 pounds then I go up and down with the next 10 for a while. I am currently stuck between 195 and 205 so I hope to get to 170 or so in the next few months. Then I will reevaluate my goals and see where I stand.
  • sagreenious
    sagreenious Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a solitary pagan, mostly practising by celebrating the sabbats, appreciating the outside world and praying when I feel I need to or desire to.

Just joined MFP last week as a work colleague recommended it - I am trying to find ways to maintain my weight under 10 stone by understanding the calorie.carb content of what I eat. An unexpected benefit has been my discovery that being vegetarian my diet is somewhat lacking in iron... so for that reason alone I'm glad I joined MFP!

Brightest blessings to all :)

I've also just joined the 'Pagans' group so you might see the same intro there :)
  • UglyPlantBasedKitchen
    UglyPlantBasedKitchen Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am Tricia. Not sure if anyone uses this group anymore but feel free to add me. I am 37 with 3 kids and a wonderful fiance. my sw - 250 cw 228 gw 150 BB all :)
  • SageBrightHeart
    SageBrightHeart Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Merry Meet - Sage here. Out of the broom closet, eclectic Wiccan priestess, teacher, and lover of this path. This Libra turns 60 in October (yikes-my inner hippie child is stunned to be saying this!!) and the shift in metabolism from an eat anything and everything and still be skinny person to even looking at cheese puts on an inch on the waist slower person has been a difficult shift. Oh, and I'm lazy. I like exercise, but I'd much rather do other stuff. What I like: gardening (which is hard core exercise in itself), reading (currently reading Book 1 of Game of Thrones), games (um, just about all of them), audio books (I have eyesight issues, so I love my Kindle and audio books), playing with the fur children (1 dog Barkley, 1 cat Sidd the Wonder Cat). I recently had my second arthroscopic knee surgery, after 4 other knee surgeries - the first one was when I was 14. I'm determined to get back down to 150 or so. starting weight=188; current weight=180; goal weight=150, but will settle for 156.

We're going to Europe next year, husband's first time, and there will be a ton of walking involved, and I want to be in good shape for that AND for potential knee replacement surgery next year. sooooooo, I'm rocking the MFP plan. I have done WW several times, quite successfully, but am looking for a "recharge" and this feels like the right method for me. Feel free to add me as a friend, and let's go kick some fat *kitten*.
  • Beckivy
    Options
    Sage...I'm Becki.
    55 year old Libra, already we have some in common! I am a fairly new Pagan. consider myself an eclectic solitary witch. Not confident or comfortable with my abilities, but I'm learning every day. I feel like I was born last April when I was searching the web for a good quote for Karma....and came across the rule of three. I followed the link, read, followed other links on that site and read, before I knew it it had been hours and I couldn't get enough. I was reading about things I KNEW, but had never heard before.
    I love to speak with others on the same path. I have so much to learn.
    Blessings to you.