Water - how do I remember to drink more?

Options
So I'm really not a regular water drinker...my hubby jokes that I have one glass a week...not true...probably closer to one a day. Since New Years I've been up to 3 a day but I'm doing 2 workouts a day so probably still not nearly enough.

How do people remember to drink it??

Replies

• chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    it doesnt have to be water you drink , any sugar free non alcohol drink will do , its all fluid after all
  • HippieMamaOf2
    HippieMamaOf2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Fill up your water bottle and keep it with you. Sip throughout the day.
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Try drinking 1-8oz glass every hour for the next 9 hours! This gives you a good minimum amout of water intake, it's just as important to hydrate during winter, as it is during the summer! Just one small cup per hour, you can do it!
  • karebear22776
    karebear22776 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think I like that idea of hourly...I need something to remind me so maybe every hour I'll chug a glass and get it over with like medicine!
  • inspirem
    Options
    I have a 32 oz reusable bpa-free water bottle! I fill it up in the morning when I'm making my coffee, then make sure i drink it empty by end of lunch time! I refill it again and make sure I drink it empty by dinner time! This gives me 8 glasses of water through the day. During the summer I have no problem drinking 12 glasses a day. Winter it is harder for me to drink that much so I stick to at least 8! I only count water as water intake, because I mostly drink water!
  • inspirem
    Options
    I think I like that idea of hourly...I need something to remind me so maybe every hour I'll chug a glass and get it over with like medicine!

I think once you try this, your body will like being hydrated and therefore you crave more water... Mine has but I've been working on the drinking more water over the last two years! I was like you, barely had a cup a day! I hate tap water, so I started with bottle water, now I have a friend that has a Kangen water filter machine and refill gallon jugs from his house!
  • eternity365
    eternity365 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Doctor of sport medicine said to me that i should weight myself before I exercise and than after, to replenish my loss of liquids I should drink water equivalent of weight lost x 1.5 with some salt or a sport drink the same amount as watter
  • dellmech
    dellmech Posts: 113
    Options
    Get an IV put in and carry around the bag of water...just kidding. I'm not a big water drinker either but I have a desk job so having a bottle of water gives me something to do. I also keep a sport bottle of water on the treadmill during and after workouts.

I also take 1000mg twice daily (I think that's right) of vitamin C (powder form) that needs to be mixed with water. So I get 2 cups of water there. PLUS, I've stayed healthy since taking it while my family has been sick 2 or 3 times this holiday season.
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I keep a TALL glass filled by the kitchen sink so whenever I'm in the kitchen, I drink! :-) I'm actually the type that has to remind myself NOT to drink after 8pm or I'm up half the night peeing.... :P Have you tried Crystal Lights? I drink them in moderation.
  • socababy1
    Options
    Have a desk job, so I have set a appointment on my calender to drink water and when it pops up i put it on a 30 minute snooze, and sip all day.
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Ihave a 64 oz. bottle in the fridge on days that I am at home. I take a Klean Kanteen to work on Mon. & Wed. and make sure I refill it twice before lunch and twice in the afternoon. I also start the day off withh 12 oz. first thing, before I even get dressed. And I end the day with several cups of herbal tea (no sugar, no caffeine).
  • karebear22776
    karebear22776 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wow...you all have such great water drinking systems.....I'm going to have to start too...but not today....how about tomorrow. There is no way I can get 8 glasses in today its already 3:30 over here.
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I try to get in my 8 glasses, I have to drink it ICE cold if it's plain water, or I get the Great Value (Walmart brand) Sugar free drink packets. Usually the Raspberry Green tea of the Pomegranate blackberry. YUM so good!! I can drink 8 glasses of that in about an hour LOL And it's zero calories etc
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have the hardest time getting water in... I do better drinking it as herbal tea or hot lemon water.
  • Tojsmom
    Tojsmom Posts: 51
    Options
    I normally will add a little bit of lemon juice to my 24 oz jug of water. I have three of these jugs & I pre-fill them the night before so that they are ready for me to grab & take to work. I take my water bottle with me everywhere I go & make sure to be drinking on it, when the first one is empty I move onto the next one & so forth. Works the same way when I'm at home, I just make sure to be always have my bottle with me.