Anyone else taking measurements?

Options
As we all begin this journey together, it is important to not only measure weight but also to track measurements. I often get very hung up on the scale and focus solely on the number on the scale. On 1/1/13 I also took all my measurements and will recheck those on a monthly basis. I am hoping this will also keep me in check and more encouraged if for some reason the scale does not budge. Is anyone else out there tracking measurements too?

Replies

• HippieMamaOf2
    HippieMamaOf2 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I took measurements for the first time yesterday. I have already lost some weight, but I want to be able to track the difference losing weight has on my body. I haven't decided how often I will update those measurements yet.
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I took measurements too. Too bad they were all increases from the last time I had logged my measurements back in July. Ugh!
  • karebear22776
    karebear22776 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I took measurements on Jan 1st. I can't wait to see them go DOWN!!!
  • eternity365
    eternity365 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i do it too on weekly bases
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    No, but I should........ I will this weekend sometime. Thx for the reminder!
  • dellmech
    dellmech Posts: 113
    Options
    What do you measure? Waist line? Anything else?
  • jc1231
    jc1231 Posts: 67
    Options
    I take quite a bit of measurements and do the following:

chest
    upper arm
    waist (smallest part)
    2 " below belly button
    hips (widest part and at hipbone)
    each thigh (I do 5" above knee and 2" from inseam)
    calf
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Although I have lost weight but in terms of measurement I didnt see that much difference in terms of inches. My jeans waist has gone down 3 to 4 sizes but surprisingly not great deal of loss on my thighs, belly or chest. So where is all the weight loss happening, thats weird!! For now I have given up on measurements.
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    im taking measurements , but not posting on here !
  • joanne70
    joanne70 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm taking measurements once a month. I'm next due to measure on the 21/1/13 :)
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thanks for idea, it's been awhile since I measured and it will good to see me shrink as the year goes by!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I started taking measurements every two weeks a few months ago and plan to continue doing so. I measured on the first with my weigh in.

I measure:

neck
    chest
    under chest (bra strap)
    waist
    belly button
    hips
    c-section scar
    thighs
    area above knee (low thigh)
    calves
    wrist
    forearm
    bicep

I have seen some awesome losses since measuring. It sure helps me stay motivated when the scale doesn't move much.
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of measurements because my weight vacillates so badly. If I get stressed I tend to retain water because my blood pressure skyrockets and I can gain 10 lbs in a day. So measurements are great. I plan on measuring myself tomorrow. I am officially starting this diet on Sunday (because that is grocery day and I can get the kinds of things that I really need to help me) I've been just trying to get exercise in and watch what I'm eating for the first few days of the month.
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I took head to toe measurements... it was very depressing.... I couldn't believe I had gained so many inches as well as so many pounds. I am planning on taking my measurements the 1st of each month. Can't wait for them to go back down.
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I lov te measurement plan. I'm one of those girl's who's body will shed a pound here and there but will sometimes gain so taking measurements really helps me feel like YES I am shedding the weight
  • eternity365
    eternity365 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have taken measurements for 2 years already. During this period i lost 25 pounds, and in some places more then 3 inches but my waist is like stronghold it remains as it was :( so from very nice hourglass shape now i am more like brick :D.
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I did take measurements, however this was because I'm also doing Ripped in 30.
  • babyskunkles
    babyskunkles Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am tracking 3 measurements - waist, right upper arm & right thigh.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I started taking measurements every two weeks a few months ago and plan to continue doing so. I measured on the first with my weigh in.

I measure:

neck
    chest
    under chest (bra strap)
    waist
    belly button
    hips
    c-section scar
    thighs
    area above knee (low thigh)
    calves
    wrist
    forearm
    bicep

I have seen some awesome losses since measuring. It sure helps me stay motivated when the scale doesn't move much.

I am down 2.25 inches (waist, hips, belly button and forearm)! YAY