Tracy Anderson Pregnancy project

Options
angking23
angking23 Posts: 5 Member
Just started this today and was wondering if anyone else has tried it? If so what do you think the calorie burn is? I thought it was pretty good for no cardio I can feel my arms and legs tingling! I was impressed.

Replies

• Carolyn1012
    Carolyn1012 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of it. Can you tell a little more about it? I'm just starting to get some energy back and would like to start exercising again.
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    That looks great, just got Lindsay Brin's DVD and it is ok, Tracy's looks great.
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Wow I wish I had known about these DVD's the whole pregnancy!! They look great!!
  • angking23
    angking23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Its 9 dvds about an hour long each. It was all basically strength training with weights and your own resistance. I am a jillian person as far as workout dvds go this one is less jumpy crazy like I'm used doing. She plays calm music in the backround and I found myself really focusing on my form and I'll tell you I'm sore today! My butt is really sore lol! Your mostly on the floor for the whole thing (or at least the month I did I skipped right to month 3). I'll probably pick up 1 more dvd to alternate with and I also get cardio on the elliptical but I thought it was a great workout to rotate with so I dont get bored.
  • SunshineBB30
    SunshineBB30 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I jut ordered this yesterday! Found out about it through another gal in this group. It should be here tomorrow so I am excited to start. I will still walk for my cardio but really wanted some strength training that would be safe for my whole pregnancy!
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have it but haven't done it too much since I've been feeling too weak.
    I'm 14 weeks now and starting to feel a little better- hope to start month 4 tonight!
  • jessicaw79
    jessicaw79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Can I ask how everyone is enjoying this? I got it today and started at the 4th month and it was a good workout, I could feel it in my arms and butt (because that's all she worked, lol) but I felt like it was too much time on my knees.

I have Lindsay Brin's DVD and I do enjoy that, so I'll alternate these 2 along with the elliptical and walking...just curious if the other months spend as much time on your knees!
  • ybodwen
    Options
    Hi!

I'm also doing month 4! I really like it! Really feeling the burn, especially in my butt- I guess that's the point :)
    Hoping to intersperse some walking if this rain ever stops here!
  • jessicaw79
    jessicaw79 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I felt too much when I did it other than slightly uncomfortable, but man...two days later and my back and backs of my legs are still sore!! I guess that's what I get for taking the whole first trimester off from exercise, yikes!! :laugh:

I've had to take my walks to the treadmill until it gets nice out, apparently spring doesn't ever feel like showing up!
  • samhooah
    samhooah Posts: 4
    Options
    I decided to try these out after my Doctor said for now no tredmil or elliptical. BUT I love them so far even though i'm used to fast paced cardio like turbo jam or running to dance music. This is more calming and pays attention to the correct form. I started doing month one and month two. I didn't want to miss anything. ;) Both months were mostly on the floor exercises. I certainly feel it the next day! I'm not sure if this is 100% correct but since it targets specific areas with specific rhythmic movements, and no equipment I've been classifying as Calisthenics in my diary.
  • ybodwen
    Options
    I also log it as calisthenics :)
    Haven't been doing them too much because I've been feeling good enough to jog (and the weather has been pretty decent)
    I feel like I should be doing more of these though because she has great strength work in there!
  • ybodwen
    Options
    Starting Month 5 tonight! Anyone else?
  • JennyV2013
    JennyV2013 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Any more reviews? I'm thinking of ordering these.
  • mcdermotter
    mcdermotter Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've done months 1-5 (started 5 today!) and I love it. It's only 16-something on Amazon right now. What a deal for 9 workouts!
  • ybodwen
    Options
    That's an awesome deal!
    I am in month 5 too and I really like it!!
    It's a great workout- still feel it in my butt and shoulders 2 days later :)
    It's a little slow paced and repetitive but I just turn on music or an old movie while I'm doing it and it flies by.
    I highly recommend it!
  • JABGoochie
    JABGoochie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    just started this - started month 4 as i havent had any energy to work out unbtill now at 14 weeks
    i am a massive jillian michaels fan but didnt want to be doing the high impact jumping around - so this is a nice change of pace
    i burnt 105cals for 35mins of month 4, bit a massive burn but for me its more about just using my muscles and getting some blood moving round my body
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Its 9 dvds about an hour long each. It was all basically strength training with weights and your own resistance. I am a jillian person as far as workout dvds go this one is less jumpy crazy like I'm used doing. She plays calm music in the backround and I found myself really focusing on my form and I'll tell you I'm sore today! My butt is really sore lol! Your mostly on the floor for the whole thing (or at least the month I did I skipped right to month 3). I'll probably pick up 1 more dvd to alternate with and I also get cardio on the elliptical but I thought it was a great workout to rotate with so I dont get bored.

I am a big 30 day shred fan, i did it for about 9 months before I found out i was pregnant. I found a DVD called Body By Trimester by Joy southworth and its very similar. Itis a 30 minute intense circuit training workout. I finish it sweaty every time. I burn about 150 calories in that time according to my HRM. Check it out
    http://www.amazon.com/Pregnancy-Fitness-Dvd-Trimester-February/dp/B0079QDAFK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1378830956&sr=8-1&keywords=body+by+trimester