how much weight have you/did you gain by 20weeks?

Options
hi all so im 18weeks now almost half way there yay! with another little girl yay! already have 2 boys and 1 girl! and im just wondering what you gained by the half way point. iv not gained loads yet thankfully only about 3lbs but i know to expect baby growth spurt soon! i do still exercise daily i cycle and walk etc

Replies

• FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I gained about 20lbs by the 20 week mark - I'm 37 weeks now and up around 40. Congrats on nearly being halfway!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I am 19 weeks and up about 7 pounds.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 weeks and gained 6 pounds. I seemed to gain it all between weeks 15-18
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I gained 7lbs by then and I stayed at 7lbs I would lose a couple and then gain it back over the course of my whole pregnancy, but I never went over 7lbs.
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My weight bounced around A LOT between 18-22 weeks. I went from +14lbs at 18 weeks, to +20lbs at 20 weeks, back to +17lbs by 22 weeks. I probably had some water retention?!
    I'm now 35 weeks and about +25-26lbs
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Amazing to be to able to keep the weight under 10lbs. The Dr's got me at a 10lb gain, I've got myself at a 13lb gain. UGH!! But admittedly I have not exercised up until like yesterday (19 weeks tomorrow) and I had stopped logging my food until this week. Once I started food logging I quickly found out why I have gained as much as I have.
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Was 20 at 20 weeks but currently at 13 at 23 weeks. Pregnant with a boy trying to have a healthier pregnancy second time around.
  • Bilbobradshaw
    Bilbobradshaw Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm at 20 weeks right now, and I've gained about 10lbs. However, I'm pretty small, so 10 lbs looks like a LOT on me.
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I was 20 lbs at 20 weeks. I started out small, but I also had a miserable first tri during which I nausea-ate my way up to 14 lbs. I'm now getting close to 25 lbs at 22 weeks. Yesterday I had a talk with my midwife about my concerns, and she seemed to think nothing was amiss.

obum88 & snowgrrl83: I want to know how you went DOWN after being at 20 lbs! I only seem to being going up.
  • lpaloma
    lpaloma Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im 23 weeks and Im up 25lbs. Sooooo embarrassed and upset at myself. But hey, thats what happens when you eat crapy food all month!
  • shnoots
    shnoots Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I was up 6 lbs at 20 weeks, and up 10 at 29 - or at least last time I checked >.>
  • LadyJocc
    LadyJocc Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 + 3, lost 7lb in the first trimester and have gained back 2.5lb so far. It's been more difficult to gain than I anticipated, but am sure it's just the calm before the storm. I should probably knock on wood now... :laugh:
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Thlaser, might have been a fluke with water wieght, but i also stopped nausea eating put down the angus burger with large sweet tea from mcdonalds and started with salads and fruits. I was overdoing the juice so i am trying more water and green tea. I find if there is something i am craving i can make it at home and i had to retrain my mind to recognize fullness and correct portions. It still is fight everyday as i work nights and i want to snack in those wee morning hours but have to schedule foods so i don't boredom eat.
  • Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    19 weeks and up 2 pounds as of this morning.
  • prplrose33
    prplrose33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Up about 16 lbs. :(
  • BananaCat83
    BananaCat83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm 19w3d and as of this morning, I've gained 15.2lbs. I've been logging and exercising the whole time, so I guess that's just the way it's meant to be! I started with a 21.2 BMI so maybe my body just felt the need to add some weight (started at 151.8 and am now 167)...I dread seeing 17-something on the scale :frown:
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    11 lbs and I started at a healthy weight........... but I feel huge in the past 2 weeks!
  • Rawrbyn
    Rawrbyn Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am 22 weeks tomorrow. I fluctuate between +15 and +18lbs. I stopped working and moved around November 3rd. That's when I saw the +10lbs come on. I just started logging my food again today. I just wish it wasn't so cold so I could walk everyday! I'm really upset with myself for gaining. It's depressing when I see that some women have only gained 2lbs by this point. I lost 100lbs last year and was determined to never see 200lbs again. Now, I'm sitting at 205lbs. :(
  • leighf84
    leighf84 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am at 15 and at 24 weeks... I consider it to be way to much but dr says stop obsessing. I am just terrified of gaining back the enormous amount of weight I lost prior to getting pregnant.