steam

Options
elrickis1337
elrickis1337 Posts: 117 Member
so i just found out how evil this is and i have no idea how ive lived with out it for so long :) soooo many games i need to play (just picked up like 3 ftp and then bought KoTOR 1 and 2 for 5 bucks)

Replies

• Saviik
    Saviik Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oh it gets worse, I promise! http://www.humblebundle.com/ The current one is over, but that one was going for as cheap as a little under 7 dollars for all of them. You pay what you want, choose where the money goes, and if you pay the average you get extra. The one before gave us several big title games. It's worth subscribing to see what the next one brings.
  • elrickis1337
    elrickis1337 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    lalalala im not listening my wife will kill me if i start lookign at that stuff :) LOL
  • Saviik
    Saviik Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well good thing I typed it out, that way it's not 'listening' :P
  • MissJenova
    Options
    Yeah, I just got a new computer and Steam is making me drool!!

I even get the urge to buy games that I already own on console, just because they are so cheap! Not to mention everything else that I DON'T own.

Torture....
  • i_dont_want_2_be_fat_anymore
    Options
    If you think Steam is bad, then don't go to www.gog.com either. So much goodness, so little time...
  • kyricus
    kyricus Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I hate steam.. So many games, so little time!
  • BryanK1977
    BryanK1977 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love Steam. Been a member for many years and I hate it when a game is available on Steam. It's a great service with some great sales usually. The Steam sale(s) this year were kinda lame compared to previous years, but Amazon made up for it with their Steam redeamable sales.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Steam= a place where I have the greatest intentions but games just sit. One day I will actually begin to play all of these excellent titles.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I have heard about Steam for sometime, (due to a lot of gamers still playing Second Life, which yes, is still going strong, still has a lot of users, and has just moved to mesh) but I don't really know fully what it is, what use it might be to me, what sort of pc spec I would need, and how much it costs for games.

Anyone care to enlighten me ?
  • thekarens
    thekarens Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The best time on Steam is during their summer and Christmas sale(s). During those weeks there are boatloads of games at awesome prices. That's when I get all my games.
  • YellowSaturn
    Options
    I need a Steam Anonymous program. Between the sales there, the bundle sites, Amazon key sales, GoG, steam trading, and steam giveaway sites, I have a trail of games constantly trickling in at massive discounts. Then have enough left to donate back to the giveaway sites where I've won things, and swap stuff around with friends a bunch.

Since I am the polar opposite of a pack rat in all other categories of life, I guess this is where the hoarder in me came out. Luckily it only takes up room on my hard drive. :p