Day 2

Options
Day 2

You have been on the run for 24 hours now. Yesterday you met up with a small group of people who, like you, knew they couldn’t stay in the city. You recognized a few of them; neighbors, friends of friends. Knowing that it is only a matter of time before one of you is bitten, you tried not to get too attached. This is not the kind of situation in which to make friends. Unfortunately, however, you needed support and you can’t help but rely on the few people around you that you know are actually alive.

After a horrible, nightmare-infested “rest” (if you can call it that), you sit up from the bundle of leaves you were laying upon. You look into your backpack, wondering what you had thrown into it during your haste to leave.
Water bottles, Band-Aids, ramen noodles… you don’t have much there. You know that you are going to need a few more supplies. Batteries for your flashlight, some sort of weapon, and a map, to say the least.

You rub the sleepies out of your eyes and hop up from your leaf-bed. You know that you will need a time for emotions at some point, but now is not that time. Now is the time to act.

You gently wake your best friend.
“We should run into town and grab some supplies,” you whisper.
“It’s still dark- do you think it’s safe?”
“It’s as good a time as any. Maybe the dark will help to hide us.”

You pass the lookout and assure her that you will be back shortly. You have been to this town- you are quite near the local grocer.

The trip to the store was easy enough. There were moments that your heart was racing, but it was almost entirely eventless. You attempt to open the door but this was fruitless: the doors were locked.
“The proprietor must have left,” you speculate.
“Maybe we should go somewhere else.”
“I don’t think so. We shouldn’t wander around a town we hardly know when we could just break a window, slip in, and then slip out.” Thinking that your plan is foolproof, you grab a nearby rock and smash in the glass window.

You hop inside the store and begin the search for your necessities. You even think to grab a hiking pack and some lightweight camping supplies. As you finish up your “shopping” spree, you hear the sound of moaning just over your shoulder. You swing around the axe you grabbed as a weapon and kill your very first zombie. Shaken up, you call for your friend and make for the door. The street is crawling with zombies.
“They must have heard me break the window,” you pant.
“Well, there is no use crying about it now. Let’s go.”

You run as fast as you can back to camp, relieved to see the glowing ashes that signaled you had made it back. The zombies were slow moving. You were not followed.

For now, let's focus on a small number of miles for the week. This week's goal is 2 miles. We can consider it a warm up. The miles are due by Sunday. Just so you know, I won't be posting a story line every day. But I thought I would today since we are just starting out. :)

Replies

• sharonpaiva
    Options
    ran a mile and a half today....getting there. can't wait for the story,,,
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    did 1.2 miles today, so im feeling good!

cant wait for the story, so exciting!
  • robbinoburrito
    robbinoburrito Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just did 2.33 miles on the elliptical. Getting zombie-fit!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I luv story time!

I'm sore enough I hope the zombies are slower than I am. I ran 2.5 miles after doing 30ds/day 2.
  • lveh8lve
    lveh8lve Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    fitbit says I did 5.8 today!!!
  • kabarnes45
    kabarnes45 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Are we counting walking, or does it have to be running? If walking counts, check point met for me. Went for 3mi today, and my ferocious zombie-attacking dog is now having a recovery nap.:yawn:
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Today was a long day, but no running/walking. I'll have it done by Sunday! For now... sleep.
  • robbinoburrito
    Options
    You can count walking. Hopefully you wouldn't walk in a zombie apocalypse though. :) But for our purposes, walking is good too. It's a good workout.
  • shannonsky
    shannonsky Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Are we counting walking, or does it have to be running? If walking counts, check point met for me. Went for 3mi today, and my ferocious zombie-attacking dog is now having a recovery nap.:yawn:

I was actually just thinking to myself a couple days ago that if there is some sort of breakdown in society, my first stop will be to the shelter to pick out a big dog.

Anyway, I had plans to do 2m tonight, so this is perfect!
  • 10jamie29
    10jamie29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    3 miles on the elliptical today, plus biceps, back and abs...running for my life!!!!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I jogged twice on day 2.
    Morning jog 2.5 miles, evening 1.5 miles. Plus a total of 1 mile of walking for warmups/cooldowns.

Taking day 3 as a rest day. Please don't mistake me for a zombie because of my slow, lumbering stagger. I'm just very very sore but not a zombie. Although I do feel half dead.
  • kabarnes45
    kabarnes45 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I jogged twice on day 2.
    Morning jog 2.5 miles, evening 1.5 miles. Plus a total of 1 mile of walking for warmups/cooldowns.

Taking day 3 as a rest day. Please don't mistake me for a zombie because of my slow, lumbering stagger. I'm just very very sore but not a zombie. Although I do feel half dead.
    Holy cow! 2 runs in 1 day! Glad you're in our group of survivors!
  • lapocienta
    lapocienta Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    2.2 mi walked and did a little 150 mts sprint because I ran into a fast moving zombie. Didn't have my sledgehammer with me, otherwise I would have walked all the way.
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Alrighty, done! 1.3 mile jog yesterday and 2 mile walk today. I've also done some upper body weights, just in case I need to be swinging a bat or crow bar or whatever I can find.
  • Murderwolf
    Options
    Ran 2.5 miles! Feels great to be back at the gym. Remember rule #1, CARDIO! See you guys around camp!
  • melanogaster
    Options
    Between Wednesday and Sunday, I've got 5 miles.
  • ScubaAmyMN
    ScubaAmyMN Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'm a late add-on, but I think I've caught up to the group in boarding up my house, gathering supplies and fleeing some zombies. I did upper body last week at a couple Sculpt classes, and did more than 2 miles.

Looks like a fun group!
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I am late joining but since the first I have done upper body and 2.5 miles. just getting back into a routine from the holidays and kids home.
  • robbinoburrito
    Options
    You guys are awesome. I am glad to be in a survivor group that is so hard working!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I've done approx 4 miles so far since sunday between the versaclimber (i was rock climbing away from zombies), rowing, elliptical and running.

also some weights because i'm going to need strength to use that bow and arrow effectively