January 2013 - Whole 30 Challenge

Options
PaleoPath4Lyfe
PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
I started the Whole 30 Challenge this morning. I woke up motivated and ready to rock and roll.

Who's in it with me?

Replies

• brujahqueen
    brujahqueen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    I'm in

Great!!
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started January 2.
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I restarted on Jan 3... I love how I feel without dairy and grains!! Now ready to stay more consistent this time!
  • brujahqueen
    Options
    I started today, and I'm felling pretty good. I walked to work today which gave me some alone time to myself. Has anyone started going through sugar withdrawals?
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    Yes, I am going through sugar withdrawls...........too many treats over the holidays to make others happy.

Yesterday I baked a chicken, crockpot ribs, boiled eggs, made mayonnaise and chicken salad, and started making bone broth from the chicken carcass. It smells so good.

I have a stomach bug, so the broth is right on time.

I forgot to weigh, so I am just going to go with my weight I was at and then take final measurements.

I also ordered a fit bit as I am starting a new gym membership this week.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    I have cookbooks that I downloaded that might be of interest to you all, if your interested, please let me know and I will post the link so you can download them and save them to your computer, tablet, iPad, etc.
  • brujahqueen
    Options
    I'm definitely interested. My Fiancee and I are working on a budget and are trying to cook more at home. He's worried that going primal is going to be to expenseive for use do you find you spend more money now on groceries then you did before?
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    I'm definitely interested. My Fiancee and I are working on a budget and are trying to cook more at home. He's worried that going primal is going to be to expenseive for use do you find you spend more money now on groceries then you did before?

No we spend way less now.

Last week I spent $50.88 at the meat market and got plenty of meat, all grass fed and / or free range: 2 chuck roasts, 3 pounds of bratwursts, 2 pounds of ground chuck, sirloin steak (just over a pound), 3 whole chickens cut up, 1 pound of italian sausage, 2 thick cut pork steaks, 2 pounds of bacon and a 12 oz bag of coffee beans.

I also spent $20.35 on ordering a market crate from the local farmers market and got : red onion, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, huge head of romaine lettuce, cucumber, baby carrots, 2 idaho baker potatoes, 2 yukon gold baker potatoes, green and red bell peppers and strawberries.

Then I spent $23.70 on produce basket from the local Coop and got Bananas, oranges, apples, tangerines, cherry tomatoes, huge 2 pound bag of spring leaf lettuce mix, yellow onions, 2 egg plants, cabbage, cauliflower, brocolli

The only thing I had to buy from the store was deodrant for my husband, a loaf of bread for him also, paper towels, and grass fed butter.

I buy the green bags and that helps keep the produce nice for longer, especially since I have been sick and not eating very much.

We will still have food left over next week when we get paid, so I will order the market crate, produce basket and get some extra meats.
  • sanvanhaaften
    Options
    Hi girls, I'm eating paleo since January 1. so far so good! this can sound a oil dumb but. can some one explain me. what is the challenge about?
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of the 21-Day Sugar Detox. Whee!
  • brujahqueen
    Options

Last week I spent $50.88 at the meat market and got plenty of meat, all grass fed and / or free range: 2 chuck roasts, 3 pounds of bratwursts, 2 pounds of ground chuck, sirloin steak (just over a pound), 3 whole chickens cut up, 1 pound of italian sausage, 2 thick cut pork steaks, 2 pounds of bacon and a 12 oz bag of coffee beans.

I also spent $20.35 on ordering a market crate from the local farmers market and got : red onion, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, huge head of romaine lettuce, cucumber, baby carrots, 2 idaho baker potatoes, 2 yukon gold baker potatoes, green and red bell peppers and strawberries.

Then I spent $23.70 on produce basket from the local Coop and got Bananas, oranges, apples, tangerines, cherry tomatoes, huge 2 pound bag of spring leaf lettuce mix, yellow onions, 2 egg plants, cabbage, cauliflower, brocolli

The only thing I had to buy from the store was deodrant for my husband, a loaf of bread for him also, paper towels, and grass fed butter.

I buy the green bags and that helps keep the produce nice for longer, especially since I have been sick and not eating very much.

We will still have food left over next week when we get paid, so I will order the market crate, produce basket and get some extra meats.

Wow, I'll have to look into options for getting food close to home.
  • brujahqueen
    Options
    Hi girls, I'm eating paleo since January 1. so far so good! this can sound a oil dumb but. can some one explain me. what is the challenge about?

There's a post by Grokkett that explains it the best.
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options

Wow, I'll have to look into options for getting food close to home.

I would say that meat will be your most expensive bit - but it's important to remember that meat should NOT be the bulk of your meal! In fact, I eat less meat since going primal than I did before, and probably 2x as much veggies. Fresh is best, obviously, but frozen is a clsoe second - and I find my budget's about the same, to be honest. PM me if you wanna chat about it :)
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

I am the former Grokette. I had left MFP due to the nonsense on the main forums last year and then created a new account a couple of weeks later to PaleoPath4Lyfe.

I miss that name. <sigh>
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    My whole 30 is going well. I am retaining water at the moment due to TOM coming soon.

I am having a fruit and veggies smoothie in the morning with my bacon and eggs.

Salad or left overs for lunch

Meat and veggies for supper.

I tend to keep it simple................
  • sanvanhaaften
    Options

Thanks I will search!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    How many are going to keep going with eating the way you've been eating for the past 30 days?
  • mcbellnz
    mcbellnz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Anyone likely to be keen to do a Whole 30 for March 2013?
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    Anyone likely to be keen to do a Whole 30 for March 2013?

Sure, I am in again.............

I have done one again for February and going well...........

It seems to keep me more accountable.