Chatting (because we are Ladies)

Options
I thought it would be nice to have a topic where we could chat! So that the other ones can sort of stay on topic.

:)

Replies

• brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    April: I was wondering when in March was your birthday. I might hoin you in that 25lbs loss by then. My birthday is also in March.
  • brittaney0625
    Options
    anybody? Lol
  • Algerina9601
    Algerina9601 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm a March baby and I'm setting my first 'mini goal' for then. I'm on the 19th, what about you?
  • brittaney0625
    Options
    I am the 31st. Not sure what my goal should be.. Hmmm
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Mine is in October. I hope I am close to goal by then!
  • brittaney0625
    Options
    No weightloss today. Sucks to see it. Went back up 1lb.
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Cynduck, My birthday is in October too (8th). The last time I got really serious about losing weight was about 15 months before my 40th birthday. I was gonna be 40 and fit. (I'm 43 now. )
  • wowie69
    wowie69 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'll join the March goal group!! :) My anniversary is on the 19th, so will say I want to lose 20 pounds by then. (Hopefully more, setting a realistic goal.)

And Julie, I too am 43 and ready!

I think the difference is that this time I'm just DONE being fat. I have to stop cheating on myself (that's how I've decided to look at it) and get serious about this commitment to myself. As such, I just signed up for the Biggest Loser Run/Walk in September! It's a 5K and I've signed up to walk it....right now just walking up our 19 stairs kicks my butt. By September I plan to manage the 5K in less than 30 minutes.

I know we can all do this together!! I bought Zumba Fitness 2 for the Wii. Has anyone tried this? I'm planning on initiating in on Tuesday. Pretty excited to try it!
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    No way Julie!!! That's my birthday lol I am 41 right now and would love to be fit for 42!
  • Algerina9601
    Algerina9601 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have just over a year until I'm 40 and would love to be at least half way there by then! I plan to go on a big trip as my 'treat'. My big girls and I are going to Europe in April, so I hope to have lost 25 lbs by then so I can just walk for a longer time and not be pooped out!!! Lol
  • Julie_Donahue
    Options
    Cynduck,
    My cousin is just between us (turned 42 on October 8th). :)
  • lissavlog
    Options
    my birthday is in march. turning the big 3-0. scary. haha. but my goal weight is set for my vacation in april.
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Question for the mums :

This is the first big party I have panned and I need some opinions.

It's a joint 1st and 3rd held at a water play park with about 70 guests.

1 - I'm going to give each child a toy boat to float down the streams. Is that enough or do I need a party bag as well. I don't normally let my girls take them because they are rarely age appropriate. Would you be upset if you didn't get a lolly bag?

2. Can I ask each guest to bring a plate or should I do the food myself? it's a picnick lunch so im thinking sandwiches, fruit and cake. Is that enough do you think? Should I tell each person what to bring? I'm stating no gifts on the invite as its a bit much to buy for 2.

Any input or advice?
  • drjw70
    drjw70 Posts: 6
    Options
    My birthday is March 3rd...but I set my goal of dropping 30 pounds by June when my son graduates from High School....
  • brianna819
    brianna819 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    For the boats, that is plenty to give to each child as a favor. i would put their name on their boat to help with any confusion. if you want to, you could have a table with all of the boats set up when the guests enter with a sign that says "Thank you for setting sail with us today" or something cute like that. in stead of candy you could send home some small water bottles with lables that say thank you, my kids are always thirsty when we leave the water park. I think that having a refreshment station with sun block, water, hair de-tangler and combs, body spray, swimmer diapers or plastic covers (our local water parks make both mandatory), just things that your guest may need during the party.
    For the food it think that it is fine! Enjoy!
  • Julie_Donahue
    Options
    Brianna had good ideas about the boats.

As for the food, I think it is fine to invite guests to bring something to share. You might want to provide sandwiches and veggies. Invite guests to bring a bag of chips or a side dish. That way, if nobody brings food, you still have a basic meal.
  • Bechard05
    Bechard05 Posts: 231
    Options
    I agree the boats are enough after all you're there to celebrate the birthday not get gifts and they will be busy playing in the water and as for food I think sandwiches and fruits/veggies is plenty and asking guests to bring some side to share is fine too.

It be fun reguardless heck you're at a water park :happy:
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Its hard to tell because a lot of the parties we go to are way over top.
  • zoraiya
    zoraiya Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So, here is a question for you ladies -- I want to start running soon, but currently I don't have an appropriate bra. Sports bras (the traditional ones) don't work for me, as my girls are pretty big (DDD). Any of you bustier ladies, do any of you run? And do you have any suggestions on a good bra? Really don't want the girls flopping around!

tumblr_mclu79oUI81rq3b5ko1_500.jpg
  • emilym820
    emilym820 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I do not run right currently, but I did jog before I had my son. I got my sports bra on the Linda the Bra Lady site. The site is especially for ladies with large breasts. The sports bras I have hook in the front with several hooks, I am thinking like 10 of them. I think the brand is Enell. It is very, very supportive and it doesn't shift around. They are pricey, but worth it in my opinion.