Why does MFP allow this stuff?

Options
freckles_cmj
freckles_cmj Posts: 205 Member
I am SO tired fo the constant ve*an bashing on the forums. SO. VERY. TIRED.
latest thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/837181-proud-peta-supporer-here

Why do they say us veggies are the preachy sanctimonious ones and then post stuff like this..and why does MFP not crack down on them? I know if a thread was started about the rotting carcasses in their colons it would be shut down FAST.

sorry for the vent...but just find this stuff so @#^@$%^& annoying:mad:

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    That post is one of the most ignorant I have seen yet. Don't let it get to you, just think about how much happier your arteries are than theirs!!! :)
  • freckles_cmj
    Options
    I know it just makes me so :mad: that they dont have consequences for ppl who continually post that stuff.

Maybe its the meat that makes them so venomous :laugh:
  • oceanrose78
    oceanrose78 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I console myself with the knowledge they're killing themselves with their eating habits....
  • SuperVegan8
    SuperVegan8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Sadly its the dark side of humans - the need to degrade others. Who knows why because there is nothing gained.

Try not to let it get to you. As stated above, their eating habits will be their own undoing.

Use it for motivation, dont let it dampen your resolve!
  • SuperVegan8
    SuperVegan8 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am SO tired fo the constant ve*an bashing on the forums. SO. VERY. TIRED.
    latest thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/837181-proud-peta-supporer-here

Why do they say us veggies are the preachy sanctimonious ones and then post stuff like this..and why does MFP not crack down on them? I know if a thread was started about the rotting carcasses in their colons it would be shut down FAST.

sorry for the vent...but just find this stuff so @#^@$%^& annoying:mad:

And that post is gone now too!
  • abrahamsitososa
    abrahamsitososa Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I don't even bother to give my opinion or try to talk any sense into them anymore. God forgives but nature doesn't. They'll get what they asked for when they start having health problems at a very young age.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I can only imagine, but I see it's down now...
  • SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I console myself with the knowledge they're killing themselves with their eating habits....

Ditto.

There's so many asinine things I COULD say because I have a downright dirty mouth when it comes to be destructive but relishing in their ignorance and inevitable downfall.. it amuses me. Yes, that sounds evil in itself.. lol
  • freckles_cmj
    Options
    I think my skin needs to thicken up a bit more :laugh:
  • rija64
    rija64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did not read that post, but I was getting ready to start a Dr. Oz juice detox before starting to go vegan and I was appalled by all the Oz bashing. Someone had asked a question about the detox - not one person answered her question in the forum, but there was plenty of Oz bashing. What was the point? I was surprised that MFP does not monitor that stuff better. It makes me apprehensive about posting here. My philosophy on forums is if you do not have something constructive to say - keep it to yourself. Don't bash people you can't see.
  • oceanrose78
    oceanrose78 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You don't need a thicker skin. I think the hardest thing of eating a Vegan or plant based diet is listening to my friends and family, people I care about a lot, say they could 'never' do that, or ask how we can give up cheese, or bacon or whatever. Smiling, and explaining how flavor can be captured and cravings met in a healthy way gets old. Especially when they say that right after eating my plant based meal and raving about it.

I am not sure why people are so threatened by dietary choices... What you don't understand you must destroy..
  • juliedor
    juliedor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Small minded people with small lives if what other people choose bothers them.
    I am vegan,fit, healthy and well as is my husband,daughter and two grandchildren.
    As you say if we knocked their choices it wouldn't go over well!
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Yeah, post is gone at least now.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Oh this looks like a nice spot for me to report my thoughts that I've had over the last few days:
    First of all, I have only been vegetarian since Dec 10, secondly, I've been vegan except for some cookies cake and chocolate, some mashed potato, basically foods that were made for me by family that I didn't Inquire about,

Anyway.... I love love love it! I love curried lentil and quinoa soup ( my daughter who stopped eating meat in December also loves this soup). I was so surprised today to discover that a cup of cooked spinach has SO MUCH protein in it! I tried a slice of chees pizza today and didnt like it at all! So weird!

Here's the kicker: I have had chronic shoulder pain since October. I have been taking pain killers, icing it and have been very unhappy with the pain from inflamation. It is calcific tendonitis, it's not going away and the deposit is severe. I am waiting for surgery. This week I'm feeling pretty good: less pain killers, no ice, and I'm much happier as a result of losing the frustration of pain every time I use my right hand.

Now I have read many claims regarding heart health and other diseases that are associated with inflamation being reversed by a vegan diet. And my pain is caused by inflamation . Hmmmm. Health and wellness had nothing at all to do with my decision to be vegan, but perhaps I am experiencing some side effects?? Whatever is going on I am very grateful and happy!
  • abrahamsitososa
    Options
    Oh this looks like a nice spot for me to report my thoughts that I've had over the last few days:
    First of all, I have only been vegetarian since Dec 10, secondly, I've been vegan except for some cookies cake and chocolate, some mashed potato, basically foods that were made for me by family that I didn't Inquire about,

Anyway.... I love love love it! I love curried lentil and quinoa soup ( my daughter who stopped eating meat in December also loves this soup). I was so surprised today to discover that a cup of cooked spinach has SO MUCH protein in it! I tried a slice of chees pizza today and didnt like it at all! So weird!

Here's the kicker: I have had chronic shoulder pain since October. I have been taking pain killers, icing it and have been very unhappy with the pain from inflamation. It is calcific tendonitis, it's not going away and the deposit is severe. I am waiting for surgery. This week I'm feeling pretty good: less pain killers, no ice, and I'm much happier as a result of losing the frustration of pain every time I use my right hand.

Now I have read many claims regarding heart health and other diseases that are associated with inflamation being reversed by a vegan diet. And my pain is caused by inflamation . Hmmmm. Health and wellness had nothing at all to do with my decision to be vegan, but perhaps I am experiencing some side effects?? Whatever is going on I am very grateful and happy!

That's nice to hear. If your pain goes away you know you can always tell your doctor you dont want to have surgery yet. You never know you might not even need it. I've heard of many cases where diabetes and all kinds of other health problems were reversed with the proper vegan diet along with some natural supplements. I'm not making any claims or not advicing you to disobey your doctor by the way but if something else hasn't worked well why not give it a try is my motto. Worse case scenario you gave it a try and then you still need your surgery as planned. Best case scenario you have a miraculous recovery(i've seen many).
  • VeganVamp
    Options
    I must say it does really p*ss me off !!

I have been veggie for 23 years and have started doing vegan pledges to ease myself into it gently.

People say that vegans and veggies are preachy and force their views on people - it's laughable! When it's always meat eaters that are the ones that seem almost offended by us .. as if we demean them somehow.

I have never forced my views on anyone, but if they ask me why I do what I do I will tell them.

One example of a d*ckhead meat eater recently was a guy I had been chatting to from a dating site. He seemed totally fine with the veggie/vegan thing and then suddenly sent me this photo http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&tbo=d&rlz=1C1AVSC_enGB441GB466&biw=1280&bih=709&tbm=isch&tbnid=3xDY0WFH0SW2oM:&imgrefurl=http://happyeaters.net/forums/?page=post&id=B9576662-39B0-475F-A39B-85434EA1797F&docid=sCxlS6E-Gqxv9M&imgurl=http://happyeaters.net/gfile/75r4!-!HFIJEM!-!zrzor45!-!NGFGNDFM-RPLQ-HLKP-ONFQ-PJNIGKENPFNH!-!72y1nq/gillian_nigella.jpg&w=823&h=602&ei=JlzpUJTCI8LF0QW3sYGwAg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=3&sig=118390162355026996171&page=1&tbnh=143&tbnw=215&start=0&ndsp=29&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0,i:100&tx=96&ty=83

Tw*t !!
  • vegan_virgo
    Options
    I have no idea why they allow it! I reported a pst the other day and kept reporting anyone who insultied me directly.

It seriously upsets me as well I also do not have a thick skin but also feel like we should not be treated like this! If someone made a post bashing people because of their religion it would be shut down instantly but for some reason it's ok to ridicule vegetarians and vegans.

People who write that rubbish on here are mean and ignorant and like someone else said it will catch up to them. I do not enagage with people anymore about my choices. It is noone business what I eat or dont eat.
  • KrazySexyKB
    KrazySexyKB Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Aww, don't let the Vegan bashers get to you! Prove them all wrong by being an example of what a happy, healthy life you're leading by being kind your body and the environment.
  • freckles_cmj
    Options
    SO glad to have peeps here who understand :) That thread may have been reported...not saying it was for sure but it "may" have been *whistles innocently*

I really have never encountered this much negativity over my diet until I dropped the dairy and eggs, and I dont even really talk about the ethical side of things to people unless they directly ask

I really do think it is the meat that makes them all so bitter :laugh:
  • abrahamsitososa
    Options
    SO glad to have peeps here who understand :) That thread may have been reported...not saying it was for sure but it "may" have been *whistles innocently*

I really have never encountered this much negativity over my diet until I dropped the dairy and eggs, and I dont even really talk about the ethical side of things to people unless they directly ask

I really do think it is the meat that makes them all so bitter :laugh:

That's nothing. Tell them you cut the chicken and eggs out of your diet and all kinds of grumpy people will start attacking you like a bunch of piranas.