I just gave birth to a 10pound baby!

Options
nixickle
nixickle Posts: 229 Member
Hi I'm a regular user of mfp and successfully lost all my pregnancy weight gain after my first born. 3 days ago I gave birth to our son who was a whopping 10 pounds!! (my daughter was 9.2!) I've gained over 60 pounds this time and would love as much support as possible to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Please feel free to add me and we can support each other to achieve our goals. Im looking forward to sharing this journey with you all :-)

Replies

• bluegirl10
    bluegirl10 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your baby boy! I just had my first baby boy in November! Feel free to add me!
  • abitzan
    abitzan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I just gave birth to my baby girl that weighed in at 5.4. I gained about 40 with her and would love to help motivate you and get a little motivation myself.
  • brooklynmoma
    Options
    First of all congrats!! Secondly ouch!! I have a 15 month old girl if ya wanna add me.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Congrats, my guy was 9lb3oz. I also gained around 60lbs, and have 30 left to go, 6 weeks pp. Feel free to add me :)
  • MrsCarter00
    MrsCarter00 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! My little guy was 8.2 born on 12-12-12 and I gained 45lbs! I have 20 left to lose!
  • lmkaks
    lmkaks Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    He is a cutie!

I just had my first boy back in September. I am 7lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight, but I am 50lbs from my goal weight. I only gained 30 with him (he was 9lbs 3oz) but I think that is only becuase I started out so heavy.

Enjoy this time with him (I love the newborn, snuggle stage!) You will be back at the gym before you know it ;)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Congrats, what a cute boy! And 10lbs, ouch!

I have 2 kiddies - my son is 3.5 and my daughter 19 months. I gained loads with my daughter. After having her I reckon I was at least 40lbs heavier. My son was 7lbs 13 10 days overdue and my daughter was 8lbs 10, 12 days overdue.

I've lost 55lbs since my daughter was 8 weeks old and I'm smaller than before I got pregnant with my son now! It's taken me a while though.

Feel free to add me.
  • snowshoermom
    snowshoermom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on your little boy! i just had a baby boy on October 1st. I am now stuck with 15 pounds of baby weight and would like to get rid of that and keep getting rid of some. I have about 100 pounds to lose so that I am finally going to be comfortable in my own skin.
    Add me as a friend if you would like to. Maybe we can motivate each other to take the pounds off. Myself its for good because no more babies for this mama. I have 3 boys.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congrats on your little boy! i just had a baby boy on October 1st. I am now stuck with 15 pounds of baby weight and would like to get rid of that and keep getting rid of some. I have about 100 pounds to lose so that I am finally going to be comfortable in my own skin.
    Add me as a friend if you would like to. Maybe we can motivate each other to take the pounds off. Myself its for good because no more babies for this mama. I have 3 boys.

My nephew was born on Oct 1st :smile:
  • Monicamgonzales
    Options
    You sound like me!!

With my daughter, I gained 36 pounds. She was born 11/13/10, weighing 9lbs, 1oz. I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight by 8 weeks PP.

With my son, I gained 49 pounds. He was born 11/14/12, weighing 10lbs, 1oz. Now, at almost 9 weeks PP, I am 8 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight.

But I have a lot more to lose.