Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Anyone else taking measurements?

As we all begin this journey together, it is important to not only measure weight but also to track measurements. I often get very hung up on the scale and focus solely on the number on the scale. On 1/1/13 I also took all my measurements and will recheck those on a monthly basis. I am hoping this will also keep me in check and more encouraged if for some reason the scale does not budge. Is anyone else out there tracking measurements too?

Replies

• HippieMamaOf2
    HippieMamaOf2 Posts: 61 Member
    I took measurements for the first time yesterday. I have already lost some weight, but I want to be able to track the difference losing weight has on my body. I haven't decided how often I will update those measurements yet.
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 532 Member
    I took measurements too. Too bad they were all increases from the last time I had logged my measurements back in July. Ugh!
  • karebear22776
    karebear22776 Posts: 92 Member
    I took measurements on Jan 1st. I can't wait to see them go DOWN!!!
  • eternity365
    eternity365 Posts: 97 Member
    i do it too on weekly bases
  • GPSHEALTHCOACHING
    GPSHEALTHCOACHING Posts: 497 Member
    No, but I should........ I will this weekend sometime. Thx for the reminder!
  • dellmech
    dellmech Posts: 113
    What do you measure? Waist line? Anything else?
  • jc1231
    jc1231 Posts: 67
    I take quite a bit of measurements and do the following:

chest
    upper arm
    waist (smallest part)
    2 " below belly button
    hips (widest part and at hipbone)
    each thigh (I do 5" above knee and 2" from inseam)
    calf
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Although I have lost weight but in terms of measurement I didnt see that much difference in terms of inches. My jeans waist has gone down 3 to 4 sizes but surprisingly not great deal of loss on my thighs, belly or chest. So where is all the weight loss happening, thats weird!! For now I have given up on measurements.
  • chervil6
    chervil6 Posts: 236 Member
    im taking measurements , but not posting on here !
  • joanne70
    joanne70 Posts: 68 Member
    I'm taking measurements once a month. I'm next due to measure on the 21/1/13 :)
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Thanks for idea, it's been awhile since I measured and it will good to see me shrink as the year goes by!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    I started taking measurements every two weeks a few months ago and plan to continue doing so. I measured on the first with my weigh in.

I measure:

neck
    chest
    under chest (bra strap)
    waist
    belly button
    hips
    c-section scar
    thighs
    area above knee (low thigh)
    calves
    wrist
    forearm
    bicep

I have seen some awesome losses since measuring. It sure helps me stay motivated when the scale doesn't move much.
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 780 Member
    I like the idea of measurements because my weight vacillates so badly. If I get stressed I tend to retain water because my blood pressure skyrockets and I can gain 10 lbs in a day. So measurements are great. I plan on measuring myself tomorrow. I am officially starting this diet on Sunday (because that is grocery day and I can get the kinds of things that I really need to help me) I've been just trying to get exercise in and watch what I'm eating for the first few days of the month.
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    I took head to toe measurements... it was very depressing.... I couldn't believe I had gained so many inches as well as so many pounds. I am planning on taking my measurements the 1st of each month. Can't wait for them to go back down.
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    I lov te measurement plan. I'm one of those girl's who's body will shed a pound here and there but will sometimes gain so taking measurements really helps me feel like YES I am shedding the weight
  • eternity365
    eternity365 Posts: 97 Member
    I have taken measurements for 2 years already. During this period i lost 25 pounds, and in some places more then 3 inches but my waist is like stronghold it remains as it was :( so from very nice hourglass shape now i am more like brick :D.
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    I did take measurements, however this was because I'm also doing Ripped in 30.
  • babyskunkles
    babyskunkles Posts: 86 Member
    I am tracking 3 measurements - waist, right upper arm & right thigh.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    I started taking measurements every two weeks a few months ago and plan to continue doing so. I measured on the first with my weigh in.

I measure:

neck
    chest
    under chest (bra strap)
    waist
    belly button
    hips
    c-section scar
    thighs
    area above knee (low thigh)
    calves
    wrist
    forearm
    bicep

I have seen some awesome losses since measuring. It sure helps me stay motivated when the scale doesn't move much.

I am down 2.25 inches (waist, hips, belly button and forearm)! YAY