CLOMID

Options
I am starting to take Clomid tomorrow in hopes of TTC but I am nervous of the side effects. Anyone on here that can give me advise or some input on their experience on it? I have just heard some crazy stories about the mood swings and hot flashes. I hope its not a miserable 5 days.

Thanks!!

Replies

• moiramoose
    Options
    I have just finished my third round of clomid and didn't really have any mood swings but have had a lot of nausea. Hoping third times the charm and not to have to do it again. This third time has been the worst but produced the best results as far as ovulation. Good luck as you start the process.
  • landb925
    landb925 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I conceived after three rounds of Clomid. I did not have the crazy mood swings like most report but I did have morning sickness and crraaaazy hot flashes. I also required a higher dosage because of my weight. Good luck!
  • Qfrump
    Qfrump Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am starting to take Clomid tomorrow in hopes of TTC but I am nervous of the side effects. Anyone on here that can give me advise or some input on their experience on it? I have just heard some crazy stories about the mood swings and hot flashes. I hope its not a miserable 5 days.

Thanks!!

How did it go?
  • crystalirene12
    crystalirene12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It wasn't too terrible. I had a few "episodes" of mood swings and my hubby would just remind me to "be nice!" The hot flashes were horrible the week that I was ovulating. I seriously understand women going through menopause now! No luck with Round 1 so we'll keep on trying!!
  • Quiche867
    Quiche867 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I conceived twin girls after 3 rounds of Clomid. I don't remember bad mood swings or hot flashes. I guess I was a little moody, but it could have been from being stressed out by TTC.

So keep on trying! My GYN said most women with PCOS respond well to Clomid. She was right in my case.

Good luck! :happy:
  • crystalirene12
    crystalirene12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I conceived twin girls after 3 rounds of Clomid. I don't remember bad mood swings or hot flashes. I guess I was a little moody, but it could have been from being stressed out by TTC.

So keep on trying! My GYN said most women with PCOS respond well to Clomid. She was right in my case.

Thats awesome!! I love hearing story of success!!!
  • vwchel
    vwchel Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I took Clomid when TTC #1. I don't recall any side effects. As someone else mentioned, I was probably moody due to the stress of TTC (we were on month 15 at this point). Good luck on your next round. We're TTC #2 with Clomid this month too.
  • Qfrump
    Qfrump Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I start taking clomid tomorrow! I'm excited but trying not to get my hopes up too much. At first I think "why would it NOT work for me", but then remember I also must ask "why don't your lady parts work in the first place!" At least this provera induced period isn't that bad (not yet at least.) Good luck, ladies!
  • AnnaKeck
    AnnaKeck Posts: 18 Member
    Options

That's so great to hear a success story! I just finished my second round at a higher dose - the first round didn't get me to ovulate. The first round was a tiny bit crazy for me. I was mostly just feeling SUPER happy and "up" for most of the days and then near the end I had a really low day and just felt so sad. I knew it wasn't really "me" and my husband was super supportive - I'm usually very very mellow so he didn't freak out when I was having my low day since it was clearly the meds. This second round I didn't notice any emotional swings at all but I did get some hot flashes at night - which isn't fun!

Good luck everyone out there working on health or weight loss or ttc!!
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Granted its been a few years 4+ since I took clomid but I do remember the hot flashes but will tell you my doctor told me to take the clomid in the afternoon after supper so that at the most "hottest" point i'd be getting in shower and getting ready to sleep. :) It helped to cut down on the nausea too. :) Good luck ladies and God bless
  • powellfam2006
    powellfam2006 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I conceived my one and only after 3 cycles of Clomid almost 7 years ago. Tried it for #2, it didn't work this time so now I am on Femera. I don't remember being to crazy... other than just wanting to be pregnant so bad; so I am sure that added to the CRAZY !! Good luck, hope you have success!