What are your 3 keys to success this year?

Options
Every year we make New Years Resolutions and I really don't see the harm in it. Past years I also have not seen the benefit either since I did not make moves to make them happen. This year I would like to actually accomplish all that my heart desires. I believe it is possible and below is my 3 keys to success.
1. VOLUNTEER. Give MORE of myself to help others. Whether it be to one person, group or organization. I have limited time but I can do better with time management and teaching my kids what really matters in Life.
2. BE ON TIME! I do not do this for the attention for all those who know me. I just try to squeeze in too much before I get going to my destination. I am stopping the madness this year. Better time management.
3. THANKFUL. I am going to write down every day 5 things I am thankful for. This can be as simple as 15 more minutes of sleep to appreciating having healthy children to making my first $$$million. That's right! Million first, then Billion. No limits. More money, more time to give back. Woohoo!:smooched:

Replies

• jmcglinn
    Options
    This year instead of making new year resolutions, I told myself that I wanted to make life changing resolutions.
    1. Stay in control. I want to become better at sticking to what I want and not letting others take over.
    2. Making long term and short term goals. I tend to be very broad in my goals, this year I want to set deadlines and have rewards set up.
    3. Smile every day. No matter kind of day I'm having I have to remember to be thankful for what I have. :)
  • TomekaWray
    TomekaWray Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Last year I only made one New Year's resolution, and that was to stay committed. I have a habit of starting things and not finishing. So last year I made it easier for myself and it worked. I went back to school, and completed all classes with passing grades and now only have one more year before I graduate. I joined a gym last year and committed to it, as a result, I lost 20lbs and became a Zumba Fitness Instructor myself. This year, I am making the same 1 resolution of Commitment. I am commited to finishing school. In addition, I started my own business of offering Zumba Classes. I am commited to growing it.

Ladies, hatever your resolution or commitment is, I sincerely wish you all well and hope you achieve everything you set out to accomplish!
  • suzenann
    Options
    1. Bible Study and Prayer each day! I start this every year and somehow during the year life just gets to busy. I pray that I will be able to actually complete this this year.
    2. Weight Loss of course--Last year I started my weight loss program again for so many times I can not remember. 2012 was a good year with a loss of 45 lbs before the holidays and 37 lbs. My goal for 2013 is to lose another 45 lbs and not gain back any during the holiday season. I have signed a challenge with Leslie Sansone to do a 1 mile walk each day, and my walking buddy and I agreed to 5 miles a day and when weather permits a 3 mile bike ride as well. I am off to a great start and have lost 4.5 lbs in 4 days.
    3.To have more time with family. The kids are grown with families of their own and it is hard sometimes to find time with them. I miss the time we had before life became so busy. The grandchildren oldest 13 and youngest 6 seems to be growing up way to fast and makes me realize that their lifes will be changing soon as well, and trips to Nana's or to a friends house will be a new challenge for them. So the time I get with my family will need to be quality time.

I wish to thank My Fitness Pal for making this site and for allowing these groups to help us all make our goals and dream. God bless each of us and may we all reach our goals and dreams for 2013.
  • beautiful_Robin41
    Options
    My 3 Keys to success this year will be:

To begin each day by thanking my Heavenly Father for allowing me to open my eyes to see a new day, and to start my day with a devotional reading which includes a scripture for the day. Having a scripture or a song in my heart has always proved to keep me at peace during the day when chaos breaks out.

Secondly, I will make a conscious effort to control what goes in my mouth, and workout 3-6 days a week. Since 2007 I have been committed to working out but I have not been as committed to eating healthy as I have been working out. I always felt like as long as I'm working out I can eat what I want. Sure I can do that but it does not help me reach my goal weight; therefore, it's defeating my purpose.

Lastly, I want to spend this year planting seeds in the lives of others as God leads me. Being a help to others has always been something that I enjoy doing. Seeing someone else smile makes me smile. As He blesses me, I will bless others. I wish all you ladies the best and I pray all your dreams come true.
  • beautiful_Robin41
    Options
    Congratulations on becoming a Zumba instructor. I love Zumba for its high energy and movements.