Sick of fighting

Options
lostemt
lostemt Posts: 152 Member
usually can deal on my own but not this time around. sick of hiding behind my mask. got sick prior to xmax and still sick with my stupid asthma. now i have the challenge of dealing with pms and bipolar. my mood is so difficult to deal. i know when become very talkative trouble cause i become a bother to others and just ramble on. does anyone else deal with this? it drives me nuts cause i just want it stop.

just wants to crawl under the blankets and hide from the world today!

Its killing me slowly

Replies

• clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    oh hun, i'm so sorry you're feeling badly. there is no reason to deal with this on your own, its great that you're reaching out. i now how you feel, i have a hard time dealing with my moods too.

i take it one day at a time. its hard to do because my mind wants to think about all the stuff i have to do tomorrow. but today i did as best as i could. i know that i'm getting out of control when i get mad at the dog. when i get mad at her, it clues me in that i'm not doing so well, and i reach out for help.

some times you do have to hide under your blankets. some times you need to give yourself a break. you are doing a great job. getting along in the world is hard, and its harder for people like us. and yet we get up every morning and face the day. i personally feel like getting out of bed is a huge victory. give yourself more credit.
  • parmoute
    parmoute Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I used to feel that way before my period (now I'm on Yaz). When I first started having trouble with anxiety, it would come and go even more frequently. One day I'd be sick of fighting, the next day I'd be sick of failing and I'd swing way out to the other end of the control spectrum. With the menstrual cycles, I'd get angry/sad/frustrated, want to reach out for help, then I might call a friend but even if I didn't I felt like I would just be a burden and that I wasn't worth listening to or caring about or... Four days of depression (which I've also had a chronic case of in the past) and poof! All better. It's infuriating!

You'll get through this. If you can, maybe you should stay home and hide for a few days. Even if you can't skip work, reschedule social engagements and give yourself time to rest (or vent, or cry, or whatever you need to do). Asthma's unpleasant but it will get better (I have that too), and the PMS is temporary. Taking some time for slow, deep breathing will help them both :smile: Just a few more days... You can do it!

Let us know how you're doing in a few days, okay?
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Today is especially awful for me too and I'm also dealing with PMS and my poor hubby gets the worst of me always!! I honestly don't know how he has stood me for 24 years!! Meds have made it way more tolerable. I haven't been outside today and I really should do that but its so cold and dreary out. It's helped me so much just finding this group on here!! I've never had anybody to "talk" to who understands besides my sister and my therapist. I'm gonna go snuggle with that hubby who I've treated like crap today. One day at a time and sometimes one minute at a time. That's all we can do!! That's all anybody can do really!!