Pure Barre - Ballantyne

Options
alhj
alhj Posts: 2 Member
Anyone been? I'm thinking about trying out a class there. I haven't taken a group exercise class in years. I have no clue what to wear as I don't own any exercise clothes. :( I guess that's a second question... where do you get decent, but not too pricey clothes?

Replies

• HarlowS
    HarlowS Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to Pure Barre so I can't help you there. :frown: I am in Steele Creek, so that is a bit of a haul for me.

As for exercise clothes, I pick up stuff on sale at Target, Old Navy, and Kohls. Back in college when I used to lifeguard, I bought cheap(er) Nike and TYR swimsuits at Marshalls. They always had a ton of exercise gear. I haven't been in years though.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I recommend a pair of capris and a tighter longer wick shirt or tank. Your legs are kicked in the air so you don't want unites showing and you do side bends and touch toes etc so you don't want your shirt following over your head. Old navy is having a sale. Target and Marshall's are all great places.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I live in the Ballantyne area...what the heck is pure barre? I feel like I am living under a rock..lol..I belong to Urban active right across from red robin.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    It's a studio that uses a ballet bar to do slow stretching workout moves. Its in Robinson farms. I heard flywheel might be incorporating it too might be worth checking out so you could get your bang for the buck. I love flywheel! But I can't justify y membership and flywheel. There is a flywheel in blakeney greens and one on providence s amity rd