What do you look forward to? (Goals)

Options
zoraiya
zoraiya Posts: 38 Member
What are you looking forward to along the way and at your goal weight?

For me:
- I will run a 5k.
- I will have a little black dress.
- I will be comfortable wearing nothing but a bathing suit at the beach.
- I will get a tattoo.
- I will look good naked.
And, most importantly:
- I will get pregnant!

Edit: No WANTS. I WILL!

Replies

• brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    To be able to TTC at a safe weight.
    To run a 5k.
    To be in Onderland.
    To be able to ride a roller coaster.
    To not be embarrassed to take family photos.
  • demilade
    demilade Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    In August I am going on a hot air balloon and a helicopter.
    In October I am doing a 5k mud run obsticles course

These are things I am challenging and rewarding myself with this year
  • rubyalison
    Options
    I look forward to not struggling with movements normal-sized people find easy and don't even think about - like getting down and up off the floor, reaching my feet, crossing my legs, jogging....

I look forward to hopefully reducing my snoring. I feel bad about that for my husband. Plus feeling sexier. I feel bad about that too.

I look forward to not thinking about my weight as an issue when needing to go to the doctor. I'd like to be able to go to the doctor without getting a lecture.

I look forward to not ever worrying about a chair being too small or tight.

I look forward to my current clothes getting not so tight, then too big, then finally being able to fit into and wear the stash of clothes I have in the next size down hidden in the back of my closet... Then of course some day those being too big and even eventually not being a plus size anymore and shopping in a regular store. Ideally I'd like to get down to at least a size 8 so I can be a single digit, but I'd settle for 10/12 as long as I was a regular size.

When I really think about these things, I find it shocking I let myself go so much that these are my problems. But they are. For a long time I was just overweight and it didn't seem to be really impacting me... Then all of a sudden, though I know it didn't happen suddenly, I was no longer just overweight but obese, and morbidly obese at that. And it seemed like suddenly I went from not really feeling like it impacted my life to feeling like it impacts every single thing about my life all day every day.

More immediately, I look forward to updating my MFP ticker to show weight loss - but I don't weigh in again until 2/1.
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    -I look forward to running my first mud run in June this year.
    -Being able to shop in the misses section of the store.
    -Riding a roller coaster with my son and not worrying if the seat will buckle or not....sometimes the do (with coaxing) sometimes they don't (sooo embarrassing to have to get off and wait by the side).
    -I want to hike and be able to outlast my children.

2013 is going to be AMAZING!
  • Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I look forward to wear the USAF blue uniform instead of the corporate uniform
    Running with my children and cadets
    Fun clothes
    Getting my nice legs back
    Not feeling like the big fat girl all the time
    Being healthy
    Not worrying about becoming diabetic
    Not worrying about weight limits on things
    Having tons of fun living life and feeling great
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I look forward to:

Running (Not planning a marathon, just being able to run with my kids)
    Energy to do whatever I want
    Being able to buy clothes in a regular store
    Getting a breast reduction (Dr. won't even look at me until my BMI is under 30.)
  • SensationalChange2013
    Options
    To run a 5k.
    To be in Onderland.
    To be able to ride a roller coaster.
    To not be embarrassed to take family photos.

I so agree with you on these things. I also am looking forward just feeling super energized, sexy and being rid of this heavy load of weight
  • tabarilla
    tabarilla Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What do I look forward to?

- I will go to Cedar Point and ride all the rollercoasters with my family
    - I will go to the beach with my kids and not want to cover up all the time
    - I will not hide from a camera
    - I will walk into a regular store (not just plus size store) and buying clothing
    - I will go into a plus size clothing store and not having to buy the biggest size on the rack
    - I will be comfortable wearing a skirt or a tank top
    - I will have clothing options
    - I will hike with my fiance on our honeymoon
  • wowie69
    wowie69 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I look forward to completing 5Ks with my husband and starting this new chapter in our lives together.

I look forward to finding ME again, under this extra person I've been carrying around.

I look forward to SHOPPING for some fun and sexy clothes.

I look forward to dancing again and not hobbling around the house because my knees hurt too much to stand straight.

I look forward to family pictures at my son's wedding in October with my sassy self looking fine!

Most importantly, I look forward to the future, for the first time in a long time. :)
  • Bechard05
    Bechard05 Posts: 231
    Options
    I look forward to not struggling with movements normal-sized people find easy and don't even think about - like getting down and up off the floor, reaching my feet, crossing my legs, jogging....

I look forward to hopefully reducing my snoring. I feel bad about that for my husband. Plus feeling sexier. I feel bad about that too.

I look forward to not thinking about my weight as an issue when needing to go to the doctor. I'd like to be able to go to the doctor without getting a lecture.

I look forward to not ever worrying about a chair being too small or tight.

I look forward to my current clothes getting not so tight, then too big, then finally being able to fit into and wear the stash of clothes I have in the next size down hidden in the back of my closet... Then of course some day those being too big and even eventually not being a plus size anymore and shopping in a regular store. Ideally I'd like to get down to at least a size 8 so I can be a single digit, but I'd settle for 10/12 as long as I was a regular size.

When I really think about these things, I find it shocking I let myself go so much that these are my problems. But they are. For a long time I was just overweight and it didn't seem to be really impacting me... Then all of a sudden, though I know it didn't happen suddenly, I was no longer just overweight but obese, and morbidly obese at that. And it seemed like suddenly I went from not really feeling like it impacted my life to feeling like it impacts every single thing about my life all day every day.

More immediately, I look forward to updating my MFP ticker to show weight loss - but I don't weigh in again until 2/1.

These are wonderful things to llok forward to. Far to many people take these things for granted and after you are able to do them not a day will go by that you will not be delighted in the fact that you can!
  • Bechard05
    Bechard05 Posts: 231
    Options
    The biggest thing I look forward to is the future because the past is just that and the future is bright and holds endless possibilities!
  • emilym820
    emilym820 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Ditto all of the above.

1. Roller Coaster--haven't been on one in 8 years after not fitting one time.
    2. Beach--We go every summer and every summer I avoid being documented by camera or video
    3. Regular Clothes Store--Tired of having to struggle to find age appropriate clothes in my size
    4. Activity--I want to be able to run 5K and half marathons with my hubby and to keep up with my kids
    5. Confidence--There was a time I would walk in a room and want all eyes on me...not so much now!
  • mairinosteen
    mairinosteen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    1. Not worrying about fitting in furniture or sitting next to someone in the back of a car or on a bus/airplane
    2. Shopping at the cheap and fabulous stores for smaller sized women
    3. Not getting tired as quickly
    4. Being perfectly fine with having my picture taken
    5. Not having my thighs be raw after walking around all day in a dress or skirt
    6. Cosplaying (dressing up as a character, often done at cons like Comic Con) and looking more like the character
    7. Being more likely to get a good job and when getting one get paid more (I know its awful but there have been studies and overweight people are less likely to get hired and when they get hired they make less money since they are viewed as lazy)
    8. Being sexier
  • msjanetcole
    msjanetcole Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I look forward to the day I can run on the treadmill.
  • watchthis1970
    watchthis1970 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Run my first 5K!
    Run a mud run! Looks like a blast!!
    Fit into my horse show chap!
    Show my horse in a wonderful Show outfit of my own design!
    GETTING PREGNANT!
  • tinatatertoes
    tinatatertoes Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys have all pretty much said exactly what I am thinking.

There are so many things that I can't do, or have trouble doing, just because of my weight. I look forward to the day when "can't" is no longer part of my vocabulary.
  • ireallylikemuffins
    ireallylikemuffins Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    1. Not worrying about fitting in furniture or sitting next to someone in the back of a car or on a bus/airplane
    2. Shopping at the cheap and fabulous stores for smaller sized women
    3. Not getting tired as quickly
    4. Being perfectly fine with having my picture taken
    5. Not having my thighs be raw after walking around all day in a dress or skirt
    6. Cosplaying (dressing up as a character, often done at cons like Comic Con) and looking more like the character
    7. Being more likely to get a good job and when getting one get paid more (I know its awful but there have been studies and overweight people are less likely to get hired and when they get hired they make less money since they are viewed as lazy)
    8. Being sexier

Yes to all of these. It's good to know that there are other nerdy 20-somethings using MFP. :)
  • ireallylikemuffins
    ireallylikemuffins Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I WILL be able to:
    1. ride any rollercoaster at 6 Flags without worrying that I won't fit.
    2. keep up with my co-workers during our summer training activities like kickball and water wars.
    3. be able to look at picture of me that are taken when I'm sitting down (no more ball of tub look)
    4. be able to wear skirts and shorts without leggings to hide my leg chub
    5. be more fashionable for less money
    6. being a smaller jean size than I ever was
    7. run around with my dog and my friends
    8. bike and swim without feeling like I will die
    9. feel more confident about myself than I do now
    10. wear a miniskirt (this is my most important goal, because miniskirts are cute as heck)
    11. get my 1st tattoo! (my reward for losing the first 50 lbs!)
  • pitgirl28
    pitgirl28 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    1. I will visit amusements parks on enjoy every roller coaster they have witout fear of fittig.
    2. I will lead an excellent examplry lifestye for my children.
    3. I won't feel out of place working in cardiology - it's hard to tell people they need to lose weight when you are over 300 lbs!
    4. I will LOVE shopping. (Although my bank account CRINGES at this thought!)
    5. I will go running.
    6. I will participat in all sorts of fun athletic events like the tough mudder!!!!!
    7. I wil play league sports again.
    8. I will coach youth sports.
    9. I WILL LOVE MYSELF!
  • brianna819
    brianna819 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I look forward to feeling good about myself at my sisters wedding.
    I look forward to having my clothes fit when i try them on
    I look forward to wearing stylish clothes and not feel weird in them
    I look forward to wearing skinny jeans with cute boots that fit my legs
    I look forward to being able to play hide and seek and all of the new hiding places that i will be able to fit into
    I look forward to when I can walk around with my husband and not get looks that we don't "fit"
    i look forward to catching myself in a mirror and not feel terrified
    I look forward to better sex (TMI, i know, but true)