Is anyone still here?

Options
We are going to Disney in May and I would LOVE to lose as much as possible before then!

Replies

• Suzziee7606
    Suzziee7606 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi. You are going to have a great Disney experience. Our family has gone over the decades and it has changed to much, but it is always great! My having less weight on the knees and other joints sure made it more fun for me. My endurance is way up. 35 pounds gone but a long way to go.
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    There are a few of us around! We love Disney!
    We had our second trip to WDW in October, and when we visit my sister in San Diego this summer we will hopefully visit DisneyLand, so I guess I'm still trying to get fit before Disney!
  • reddythompson
    Options
    I just joined I'll be there end of May - first week of June

is anyone walking?? it is cold here so I'm riding a bike - tyring to figure how far to ride to get in better sahpe
  • andrea464
    Options
    I this your first visit?
    Walking will help a lot, but then again so will any cardio activity!
  • nikongirl29
    nikongirl29 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Do you all plan on logging (food) while in Disney? I think I am going to try my best, but not worry myself too much about being totally strict on the eating
  • andrea464
    Options
    No, I didn't. I wanted to enjoy my time there. We did the dining plan and I think I would have flipped out if I had logged my food and I wouldn't have enjoyed it. However, we did do a ton of walking. One day we did over 12 miles!!!
  • reddythompson
    Options
    it is going to be my 3rd time
    last time I only gain 5lbs - I think the driving there & back is what got me
    alot of walking - I got teenage boys so we go go go
    I really love the parades so I can sit & rest

so what is the thing (ride, show, character) that you are looking forward to seeing???
  • nikongirl29
    Options
    We are doing the dining plan too and the thing I'm most looking forward to is the character breakfast - this will be my first time doing that - and I've been going to Disney for 30 years lol. I also look forward to seeing how my son will react to Disney (and my husband - this will be his first time!)
  • nikongirl29
    Options
    Oh and this isn't my first visit, but it's my 4 year old's (he'll be 5 this Thursday) and my husband's first visit. My aunt lived in Orlando about 5 minutes from Disney years ago so we used to go a lot, but I haven't been since 1999
  • ShepherdGal
    Options
    Hi! I'm a new member, trying to get in better shape before a major theme park visit (WDW and Universal Orlando). Lost 100 pounds before our last trip a couple of years ago, and it made a BIG difference. Want to lose another 25 before we go next time! Can share inspiration for those who are contemplating a first trip...

Even if you don't lose every ounce you want to before you go, each bit of exercise you do will contribute to how much fun you have every single day. On my first trip, there were rides I couldn't fit into (some are tight). This last trip, I fit into every ride I wanted to go on, and when you hear that restraint come down, click, click, click, and you fit comfortably, you're free to enjoy the ride with no worries! It will be worth every minute that you spent (safely) exercising, drinking the water you should, and staying on program before you left. When we get tempted, my husband and I look at each other and say, "click, click, click!," and remember those rides we want to enjoy.

When you're standing there, with lots of options, you will bless every bit of candy you decided to pass on, and every time you exercised even though you didn't feel like it. Let's keep each other enthused and get ready to PARTY!