Which exercise do you find the hardest?

Options
demilade
demilade Posts: 402 Member
I'm on level one and the exercise I find hardest is the side lunge with front arm raise. This one really kills my arms. There are a few things I just can't do, but I do something else instead. I'm having major issues keeping the girls contained, they are bouncing all over the place, i might get a concussion!

Replies

• alamarana2885
    alamarana2885 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    LOL! Tape'em down!

I have a lot of trouble with the side lunge arm raise too. I start out with 3lb weights and end up having to ditch them before I finish the first set. I also have trouble with the push ups (even in girly form). My biggest issue is the cardio. I'm starting to think I have a slight asthma because my throat gets tight and wheezy and I have a lot of mucus build up in there when I do the cardio, I have to stop and sip water to clear it but it comes back as soon as I restart. However it seems to be less of an issue on the Circuit 3 cardio for some reason (the variety maybe?).

I'm slightly concerned about the arm raise and push up difficulty I'm having because I've finished Level 1 before and have moved on to Level 2 only to find a lot of it is centered around shoulder strength in the form of different plank exercises. I might extend Level 1 by 5 days if I still can't do the arm raises with my little weights.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    So funny that the side lunge has been mentioned... I found that exercise and the one where you squat but lift weights in the air at the same time is hard. I am using 4 lb weights for these, even without weights I really feel the burn.
  • demilade
    Options
    Lol my hand weights are just to heavy so I use 2 bottles of water :)
  • katrinas626
    Options
    Side lunge with the front raise is the worst! I hate that one.
  • L_Stradford
    L_Stradford Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am the odd ball because for some reason I just cannot ever finish the jump rope move for the entire thirty seconds. I don't seem to have a problem with anything else on level 1 except that move.

Lol @ Demilade. I wear one regular bra, one sports bra and these things still jiggle every where. I'm honestly hoping these D' s are the first thing to go one I lose weight.
  • KJBeltran
    KJBeltran Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Have you tried using your normal bra under your sports bra? It helps me! :)
  • patmegkaren
    patmegkaren Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How is it that no one has mentioned the lunges with bicep curls. They kill my thighs and just boost my heart rate. Of course, push ups are a challenge with the girls, have to modify but lunges suck
  • demilade
    Options
    Yep 2 bras and they still fly about. I don't do the jumping jacks incase I do myself an injury. :blushing:
  • kanncm
    kanncm Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I find the arm raises the most difficult too. I don't have any trouble with the leg exercises that go with but man my shoulders burn even if I do weights only part of the time. I have been doing some different shoulder exercises over the last month and I assumed that might help but I was wrong! We are all going to have some sexy shoulders!!!!
  • Jaynehr
    Jaynehr Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I can't stand the ab workouts. I'll do cardio and weights all day long but when she makes me get on the mat and do a sit up, I just can't do it. But on the plus side....it does give me a chance to lay on the floor for a moment and stare at the ceiling. hehe I haven't been able to do a sit up since I was a kid in gym class. A partner would sit on my feet and everyone was supposed to count as many sit ups as you could do in a minute and I couldn't even do 2. It was embarrassing all through school and I haven't gotten any better in my 40's. My stomach muscles have been my problem area my entire life. For someone who's never had kids - I've always looked like I've had a bunch of babies out of this belly pouch. Oh well, all I can do is just keep on moving everyday.
  • Melissa132129
    Melissa132129 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    The hardest thing for me has been the pushups for sure! I don't know how many your supposed to do during the 2 sets of pushups but I can only do like 7 each set and they are the girly ones.

I'm also having trouble with the sit ups. I can do them but my neck muscles in the front have been SO sore! It feels like I have a sore throat because it hurts when I swallow. Is anyone else sore in their neck? My shoulders have been hurting alot too : (
  • scorpiana89
    scorpiana89 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree on the lunges and squats as being the hardest exercises. On the lunges, not sure if I'm even doing them right. My arms lift to the side when I do them but Im hoping that's not too important.
  • KJBeltran
    Options
    Ladies I was wondering what you are adding this exercise as when journaling? I used circuit training, but I'm not sure that is correct.
    Thanks!
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    For me it's the bicycle crunches - I just cannot do them! Not 'I get too tired to do them' - I am just so uncoordinated to move my legs like that while doing crunches! No idea why!

I also hate pushups :mad:
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh, and for all the busty ladies complaining - wear 2 bras!!! I'm wearing an underwire racer back sports bra with another underwire bra on top. They're both also a tad on the small size (I'm an F-G, while these are both Es). While I felt 'a little silly' (to quote Jillian in the warmup), it was amazing to do jacks without giving myself a black eye or totally screwing up my back and neck! If it works for me, it should work for you DDs!
  • demilade
    Options
    I log it as circuit. There are a few things I can't do, the butt kicks and he bicycle crunches, I do something else instead. I would love to do a proper pushup Blythe end of this.
  • MissClassPrissSass
    MissClassPrissSass Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    All the exercises working my arms. they are so weak. I find the first circuit cardio extremely hard. The jumping jacks to jump rope combo kicks my @$$ every day. I'm on day 8 and other things have gotten easier. I can do more pushups without stopping and so forth. That cardio combo is the same each day- a pain in my behind.
  • KJBeltran
    Options
    I log it as circuit. There are a few things I can't do, the butt kicks and he bicycle crunches, I do something else instead. I would love to do a proper pushup Blythe end of this.

Great! Thanks!