Off topic but there is good in the world!

AEB_WV
AEB_WV Posts: 323 Member
I ordered a bunch of books from Amazon before Christmas and received a straggler today. It had been shipped to the wrong address, the only thing remotely the same as mine is the state. The person shipped it to me with a note saying ' This Book was delivered to me. I am not sure why but I am sending to its rightful owner'. I looked up the person and she is a 92 year old woman : )
I am sending her a thank you note with 5$ to cover shipping. I imagine that it took a lot of effort on her part to send the book on to me. This may well be the highlight of my year (it doesn't take much). While I never lose faith in the basic goodness of people in general, this just confirms it.

Peace and Happy New Year!

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Very nice story and God bless. It warms the heart when people do kind things for each other.
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    That's awesome. :)
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    So sweet on her part and yours for taking the time to send the thank you back! :flowerforyou:
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    kindness wins again!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Always love to hear such a heart warming story !!!
  • vg8pr0
    vg8pr0 Posts: 47 Member
    Maybe this is the year where more kind acts will be demonstrated by more people. Wouldn't that make 2013 wonderful?
  • tatianna68
    tatianna68 Posts: 90 Member
    Very nice and goes to show even small acts of kindness can add up. May we all have a kinder 2013:flowerforyou:
  • Brie4me
    Brie4me Posts: 238
    I ordered a bunch of books from Amazon before Christmas and received a straggler today. It had been shipped to the wrong address, the only thing remotely the same as mine is the state. The person shipped it to me with a note saying ' This Book was delivered to me. I am not sure why but I am sending to its rightful owner'. I looked up the person and she is a 92 year old woman : )
    I am sending her a thank you note with 5$ to cover shipping. I imagine that it took a lot of effort on her part to send the book on to me. This may well be the highlight of my year (it doesn't take much). While I never lose faith in the basic goodness of people in general, this just confirms it.

Peace and Happy New Year!

That was lovely of both of you! She, for caring enough to send it to you. You, for appreciating her gesture enough to send her a heart-felt thank you :heart:

One of my favorite quotes:

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted" ~ Aesop