Vegan Cooking Show on Tonight!

Options
Dayquasar
Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
Hey guys, I posted this in the other group I'm in too but if your interested check it out- http://www.ecorazzi.com/2013/01/02/the-cooking-channel-goes-vegan-with-new-show-on-jan-6/

I did check out some of his recipes and they still have some oil, I'm sure there are ways around that ;) I figure if we all watch it and give it some good ratings we can help spread the word of being healthy and happy and make a higher demand for vegan options.

Replies

• darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    That is cool, if I had a TV I'd watch it. I might generate some hits on the website anyway.

Also, what is wrong with oil? You need some fat in your diet, and yes, I realize their are whole foods sources of fat, but a little oil now and again probably isn't the devil to be avoided at all costs.
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm so ghetto, I don't have cable. I'm super bummed. :sad:
  • cupcake721
    cupcake721 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I will definitely watch. Thanks for sharing! :)
  • iamDawnAnderson
    iamDawnAnderson Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Can't wait! I really enjoy his YouTube videos. Should be good!
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    That is cool, if I had a TV I'd watch it. I might generate some hits on the website anyway.

Also, what is wrong with oil? You need some fat in your diet, and yes, I realize their are whole foods sources of fat, but a little oil now and again probably isn't the devil to be avoided at all costs.

I believe there are no healthy oils and try to avoid them on a regular basis, I do consume a tiny bit of earth balance butter once in a while, and nuts, and avacado.
  • SleepySin
    SleepySin Posts: 168 Member
    Options

I believe there are no healthy oils and try to avoid them on a regular basis, I do consume a tiny bit of earth balance butter once in a while, and nuts, and avacado.

Why do you have such an aversion to oil?

Coconut oil in particular has many health benefits to your body because it is a medium chain triglyceride. Obviously this doesn't mean you should chug a glass of it a day but some added to your daily diet is actually a quite beneficial. Among it's health benefits are: great energy source, appetite suppression, MCTs are not stored in fat deposits in the body as much as LCTs, shown to enhance fat burning, lower calorie count than other fats, minimal storage of fat in the body, etc.

(http://www.nutritionreview.org/library/mcts.php)