Kicks all around

Options
Nmthor
Nmthor Posts: 36 Member
Now that Christmas is over, and the parties are dwindling down, it's time to get back into our calorie counting routine. So, I'm giving myself a kick in the butt to take a look at what I've been eating. Here are my resolutions for 2013 to continue or improve:

Breakfast: This should be the biggest meal of the day, and include protein. I'll continue with my protein breakfast of egg whites. Check out this website: http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/why-a-high-protein-breakfast-is-a-good-way-to-start-your-day.html

Move our body: If you don't do so already, move. Take a walk, or if that doesn't work for you, stretch, or lift (full) soup cans. Before your work out, make sure you eat something with protein (so you burn the fat). My favorite is peanut butter and whole wheat crackers or cottage cheese. I'll continue to work out several times a week.

Fruits and vegetables: Our grandma's used to call this roughage, today we call it fiber. Fruits and vegetables make our bodies work better. I'll eat more of these.

Less junk, more healthy food: I'll do better at make choices for this body. Yeah, the other stuff tastes wonderful, but we're not trying to make our taste buds happy - we're trying to preserve our bodies (since we only get one).

C'mon team - join me to do better in 2013.

Replies

• leanme28
    Options
    Without any desire to do it, feeling really sorry for myself, here I am resuming my weight loss and fitness journey.
    I had a plan of completing 50 miles in December and I'm not even half way there...I have to get over it and be more realistic for the next coming months or push myself a bit harder this time.
    My biggest goal for 2013 is to run again. I've been looking into Hal Higdon half marathon training programs and will give it a try from next week:
    http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51131/Half-Marathon-Novice-1-Training-Program

Will be great to find somebody here on mfp interested in starting with me :)
  • knight76306
    knight76306 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I need it too. I always have the best intentions, but ......

I can't seem to get over this crud. Finally going to doc tomorrow. Tired of not being able to do stuff. I know should have gone sooner, but always something coming up. New grand daughter will be here in a few weeks so gotta get well.
  • Nmthor
    Nmthor Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Get better soon!