First run post-fracture...

Options
zoom2
zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
...and since starting back on LC/Keto. I took NYE off, so I've only been keto for a couple of days...not fully "adapted" and I only ran 5k at really easy pace (5.5 weeks since fracture and arm is still in a splint. Got the hard cast off yesterday).

So far, so good. On semi-lower calories and ketosis level carbs I would have expected to feel bonky, but I didn't. In the coming week I hope to maybe run as far as 5 miles in a single workout--if I feel up to it. I had only planned 2 for today, but felt good and it was gorgeous out (for MI in Jan.), so I kept going.

Replies

• SKArunner
    SKArunner Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! After my two day binge, and a week off resting my calf, I did not feel like running at all . . . OMG I felt like a new man after my run though and only had 2 g carbs in me, I started running at 2 pm - somewhat fasted. I ended up running 4 miles at a 7.5 min pace and and then 4.5 miles at about a 9 min pace. It made me feel so good and still haven't eaten, diner is at 6pm. *Not even hungry.

It is amazing how I feel and very addictive. Have fun running!
  • zoom2
    Options
    Yay! That is really impressive. I'm really eager to see what the coming weeks will teach me.
  • zoom2
    Options
    Another great 5k. Still slow, but I don't attribute that to diet--just the effect of almost 6 weeks of inactivity + wind + not wanting to push myself with gimpy wrist still in splint.

It's really interesting to compare this to a year or so ago when I did lowER carb, but not ketogenic. Humans really need to be all or nothing when it comes to carbs and endurance aerobic stuff.