Introduce Yourself - and commit to the challenge!

Options
Feel free to introduce yourself and share any details you feel comfortable sharing.

I am arcticflower, age 34, and I my husband have been trying to conceive for 2 years now. I'm about 25 pounds overweight as of December 28th. I am committing to lose a pound a week for the next 12 weeks, and I hope this will improve my chances in getting pregnant! Baby dust to all!

Replies

• jennrs000
    jennrs000 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm Jenn, 32, TTC since April 2012 (going on cycle 10 now). I've gained almost 45 lbs since we got married.. not sure why the heck I gained that much, I know a good part of it has to do with my diet and lack of exercise, so I am committing to losing a pound a week for the next 12 weeks as well! *baby dust*
  • barbied123
    barbied123 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Barb and I'm 25. We've been TTC since April of 2011, so almost 2 years. I was quickly diagnosed with PCOS and was put on a ton of medications and such. I went to two different OBs who didn't read my history and gave me way more Clomid then I should have ever taken and then went to an RE who put me on Metformin and told me my next step is injects. The metformin made me cray so i stopped. I'm done with all medicine.

I'm just going to change my body from the inside out. I'm now taking herbs and doing acupuncture.

MFP is my next step.

I'm down for the challenge! I'm at 155 and should be around 125. (I'm 5'1"!)
  • arcticflower
    arcticflower Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you Barb! You and I are very close in height and weight, so we will be good partners. :)

Sorry to hear about your TTC struggles and medical mishaps, that's very frustrating for a professional to mess up on you like that. I hope everything is regulating back to normal for you. It's great to hear you're taking control of your own body and getting healthier. That's why we're on here and part of this group!

This past week I managed to do 4 workouts and was pretty proud of myself, but also ate a lot (oh the holidays...) and so I only lost 1/2 a pound. However, I figure since we're just starting the challenge now, that's OK!

I know it will also be hard with New Year's Eve parties going on tomorrow. I've got a huge potluck to go to, and I'm sure I will over eat and over drink. I'm trying to only have a glass or two of wine per week right now, but I figure New Years is one exception that is allowed, I might have 3 or 4. So that means I'm going to have to bust my buns next week to make up for it! Some people drop weight very easily, but I am not one of them, so one pound a week is lots for me.

Good luck with it all. We can do it!
  • jennrs000
    jennrs000 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Barb!

Jenn
  • Kristinhawthorne1
    Options
    Hi I'm Kristin, 31, and ttc for 10 months. I am about 60 lbs over weight though I'd like to lose even more than that. A year ago I was 90 lbs lighter than I am today. Unfortunately I lost all that weight by extreme starvation. I am really excited about starting this challenge today and doing it the right way. I am happy to have you other ladies to keep me motivated, weight loss isn't easy!
  • arcticflower
    Options
    Kristin, welcome! It's great to hear your plans to lose weight the healthy way. And although it may not feel like it now, you are probably healthier now than you were a year ago, because losing weight that way causes you to be seriously nutrient deficient.

Congratulations on living better and moving onward and upward! Let us all enjoy taking better care of ourselves this new year.
  • PrincessNikki131
    PrincessNikki131 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nicole and I'm almost 33. I am committing to lose weight so I can start the process of TTC. My goal is to be at a healthier weight by June so that I can start. I don't think that getting pregnant at this weight would be healthy or easy to endure so my goal is to shrink my stomach and make room for a baby! My starting weight is 208.8 and would love to see 170 (again).
  • ashsmile78
    ashsmile78 Posts: 3,528 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Ashley and I am new to this group. My husband and I want to start the TTC process once I get some weigh off. I am currently 208 and hope and would love to lose 40-60 lbs as my long-term goal. Twelve pounds in twelve weeks sounds doable. I am forever tryìng to lose it faster and that has not been working for me. I want to focus and be patient with the process. A year ago was 31 pounds heavier. I actually dropped a little over forty pounds. I lost about a pound a week for the first half of the year and then i really struggled and lost more slowly. Then, I gained 10 pounds over the holidays. YIkes! So I am trying to get motivated again and get back on track with dropping this weight. I am glad to be joining this group. Feel free to add me as a friend!

Oh and Nicole I noticced that you and I are the same weight and have a similar weight loss goal. Cool!
  • arcticflower
    Options
    Welcome Nicole and Ashley, glad to have you join us!
  • sleepygirl38
    sleepygirl38 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also an Ashley. I got married in June and would love to start a family. I am 26 years old. Our method has been whenever it happens (aka no protection). I had some health issues as a teenager but my gyno says they should not cause any problem in getting pregnant. I weigh 146.5 and I have reached a healthy weight but I would like to loose about 10 to 15 more so I have a healthy pregnancy. I want to get pregnant now but I just got to be patient and learn to focus on my health now so that once I am pregnant I have a healthy pregnancy.

Also my doctor said that if you took 100 healthy couples trying to get pregnant, it would take a year and half for all them to get pregnant.
  • Macyboston
    Macyboston Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am only 5'3" 160 lbs. I slowly gained weight back after having an surprise pregnancy 8 weeks before my wedding in 2010 that turned out to be ectopic. I think I gained weight out of depression. However with planning a wedding, I didn't realize I was depressed about it until many months later. Through the ups and downs of going through fertility treatments the last year I've gained a few more lbs in the process til I was about 180 lbs.

I discovered another surprise pregnancy this July 2012 but suffered a miscarriage in August 2012. This motivated me to get back in shape since I was 170lbs at the time. I'd like to get down to at least 155lbs since that's where I remember being at my happiest. I ovulated the month following my miscarriage but have not since. We are considering moving on from IUI's to IVF in the next month or two.
  • wendalin4
    wendalin4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm Wendy, 30, married for 7 1/2 years, mommy of two:) already but have been TTC for the last 9 months. Sorry i'm joining so late but just found you guys! Good luck to everyone! I hope we can all keep each other motivated knowing that we have bigger goals then just weightloss!
  • arcticflower
    Options
    sleepyAshley, Wendalin and Macy, welcome!
  • RebD80
    RebD80 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all! 32 years old, no kids so far but hoping soon! I've never been super fit, and have been overweight since university. I slimmed down a bit before my wedding in 2006, but in the last few years I've put it all back on (and then some). My husband and I moved across the country for work about 3 years ago, and the stresses of the move, being away from family and friends and getting settled in to new jobs have taken a toll. Finally feeling a bit more at home in our new situation, so I figure now is a great time to get my health sorted before trying for a baby.
  • Eeyore_Chick
    Eeyore_Chick Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kim & I'm 31. I'm a little late in joining the group. I want/need to loose weight before my husband & I TTC (my dr told me he would put me on a diet to lose weight if I were to become pregnant at this weight). I'm not an active person & I'm mainly working on improving my diet. I'm also starting to follow Weight Watchers in hopes it will help me shed some of these extra pounds... to get to what they say is my optimal maximum weight (145 lbs) I need to lose over 60 lbs... My focus the past 2 weeks has been trying to cut out the processed foods that are full of salt. We watch our sugar intake because my OH has type 2 so I don't use a lot of sugar at home. It's nice to find a group with others working towards a similar goal!
  • ashsmile78
    Options
    Welcome eeyore_chick! I am new to this group as well.
  • EWhitaker526
    EWhitaker526 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I'm Emily and I'm 25 years old. Diagnosed with PCOS in July of 2011 after a few months of no periods. My dr thought i was pregnant even with a negative test but the ultrasound showed otherwise. My now husband was crushed as was I. We just celebrated our 1st Anniversary on December 29th, and have talked about wanting to get pregnant before our 2nd one. So here I am trying to lose weight and to get back to ovulating on my own and have a healthy pregnancy. I've lose 15 pounds already and have 24 to go to reach my first big goal. I'm 5'4 and currently 179 pounds. Just losing the 15lbs I've seen a light period so I think I'm on the right track! We can do this ladies!!! Can anyone tell me how many weeks are left in this challenge so I know what my goal is? Thanks!
  • ashsmile78
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the group ewhitaker! The group lasts til march 31st. Today is the start of week 4. Hope that helps!
  • EWhitaker526
    EWhitaker526 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Yes it does! Is there a weigh in today?
  • ashsmile78
    Options
    There was supposed to be. I am not sure why the girl that usually posts didn't post it today.