Please post your favorite encouraging quotes!!!!

Options
Don't dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energies on moving forward toward finding the answer. Denis Waitley

Replies

• valeriejean1407
    Options
    "Instead of giving myself reasons I can't, I give myself reasons why I can." - unknown

My favorite quote... Currently the background to my phone and iPad so everywhere I look!
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    While this isn't a "quote". It does inspire me SO much! :bigsmile:

Hey, Fat Girl:

Yes, you. The one feigning to not see me when we cross paths on the running track. The one not even wearing sports gear, breathing heavy. You’re slow, you breathe hard and your efforts at moving forward make you cringe.

You cling shyly to the furthest corridor, sometimes making larger loops on the gravel ring by the track just so you’re not on it. You sweat so much that your hair is all wet. You rarely stay for more than 20 minutes at a time, and you look exhausted when you leave to go back home. You never talk to anyone. I’ve got something I’d like to say to you.

You are awesome.

If you’d look me in the eye only for an instant, you would notice the reverence and respect I have for you. The adventure you have started is tremendous; it leads to a better health, to renewed confidence and to a brand new kind of freedom. The gifts you will receive from running will far exceed the gigantic effort it takes you to show up here, to face your fears and to bravely set yourself in motion, in front of others.

You have already begun your transformation. You no longer accept this physical state of numbness and passivity. You have taken a difficult decision, but one that holds so much promise. Every hard breath you take is actually a tad easier than the one before, and every step is ever so slightly lighter. Each push forward leaves the former person you were in your wake, creating room for an improved version, one that is stronger, healthier and forward-looking, one who knows that anything is possible.

You’re a hero to me. And, if you’d take off the blaring headphones and put your head up for more than a second or two, you would notice that the other runners you cross, the ones that probably make you feel so inadequate, stare in awe at your determination. They, of all people, know best where you are coming from. They heard the resolutions of so many others, who vowed to pick up running and improve their health, “starting next week”. Yet, it is YOU who runs alongside, who digs from deep inside to find the strength to come here, and to come back again.

You are a runner, and no one can take that away from you. You are relentlessly moving forward. You are stronger than even you think, and you are about to be amazed by what you can do. One day, very soon, maybe tomorrow, you’ll step outside and marvel at your capabilities. You will not believe your own body, you will realize that you can do this. And a new horizon will open up for you. You are a true inspiration.

I bow to you.

Original: http://flintland.blogspot.com/2012/05/hey-fat-girl.html
  • changingforthegood
    Options
    unless you PUKE, FAINT, OR DIE.... Keep Going
  • lynnw24
    lynnw24 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines while everyone else ls living their life!
  • Gemalar
    Gemalar Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Reminds me that im not just following a fad that will have a permanent end result but making a lifestyle change on which I will follow for life and sometimes I will slip up an put on a few lbs (4 this xmas) but all is not lost i just have to get back up an work em off! Actually saving up to have this added to my collection of tattoos :bigsmile:
  • lynnw24
    lynnw24 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Nothing tatses as good as skinny feels!
  • BoboGritt
    BoboGritt Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Is a dream a lie that don't come true......or is it something worse?" - Bruce Springsteen
  • AllieD13
    Options
    You don't get it by
    staring,
    You don't get it by
    wishing,
    You don't get it by
    drooling,
    You don't get it by
    hoping,
    You don't get it
    easy,
    You get it by

Getting off your *kitten*
    and
    Working for it

***Its from a Nike poster****
  • Zandia_1
    Zandia_1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I use this when I pass by the vending machines at work:

"You don't deserve that, you deserve better."

The quote came from somewhere on these message boards. It stuck and it really works for me.:bigsmile:
  • msdani12
    msdani12 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Train like a beast to look like a beauty!
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Nothing tatses as good as skinny feels!

was just gonna post this one :)
  • Ibelievenme2
    Ibelievenme2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have two. One is a poem and the other is a quote:

Phenomenal Woman
    BY MAYA ANGELOU
    Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
    I’m not cute or built to suit a fashion model’s size
    But when I start to tell them,
    They think I’m telling lies.
    I say,
    It’s in the reach of my arms,
    The span of my hips,
    The stride of my step,
    The curl of my lips.
    I’m a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That’s me.

I walk into a room
    Just as cool as you please,
    And to a man,
    The fellows stand or
    Fall down on their knees.
    Then they swarm around me,
    A hive of honey bees.
    I say,
    It’s the fire in my eyes,
    And the flash of my teeth,
    The swing in my waist,
    And the joy in my feet.
    I’m a woman
    Phenomenally.

Phenomenal woman,
    That’s me.

Men themselves have wondered
    What they see in me.
    They try so much
    But they can’t touch
    My inner mystery.
    When I try to show them,
    They say they still can’t see.
    I say,
    It’s in the arch of my back,
    The sun of my smile,
    The ride of my breasts,
    The grace of my style.
    I’m a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That’s me.

Now you understand
    Just why my head’s not bowed.
    I don’t shout or jump about
    Or have to talk real loud.
    When you see me passing,
    It ought to make you proud.
    I say,
    It’s in the click of my heels,
    The bend of my hair,
    the palm of my hand,
    The need for my care.
    ’Cause I’m a woman
    Phenomenally.
    Phenomenal woman,
    That’s me.
    Maya Angelou,
  • Ibelievenme2
    Ibelievenme2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Don't reward your self with food, you're not a dog.
  • NyteMirage
    NyteMirage Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My favorite is: "I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday..."
  • NyteMirage
    Options
    Okay one more... I really like this one too! It keeps me encouraged:

"No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch."
  • NyteMirage
    Options
    While this isn't a "quote". It does inspire me SO much! :bigsmile:

Hey, Fat Girl:

Yes, you. The one feigning to not see me when we cross paths on the running track. The one not even wearing sports gear, breathing heavy. You’re slow, you breathe hard and your efforts at moving forward make you cringe.

You cling shyly to the furthest corridor, sometimes making larger loops on the gravel ring by the track just so you’re not on it. You sweat so much that your hair is all wet. You rarely stay for more than 20 minutes at a time, and you look exhausted when you leave to go back home. You never talk to anyone. I’ve got something I’d like to say to you.

You are awesome.

If you’d look me in the eye only for an instant, you would notice the reverence and respect I have for you. The adventure you have started is tremendous; it leads to a better health, to renewed confidence and to a brand new kind of freedom. The gifts you will receive from running will far exceed the gigantic effort it takes you to show up here, to face your fears and to bravely set yourself in motion, in front of others.

You have already begun your transformation. You no longer accept this physical state of numbness and passivity. You have taken a difficult decision, but one that holds so much promise. Every hard breath you take is actually a tad easier than the one before, and every step is ever so slightly lighter. Each push forward leaves the former person you were in your wake, creating room for an improved version, one that is stronger, healthier and forward-looking, one who knows that anything is possible.

You’re a hero to me. And, if you’d take off the blaring headphones and put your head up for more than a second or two, you would notice that the other runners you cross, the ones that probably make you feel so inadequate, stare in awe at your determination. They, of all people, know best where you are coming from. They heard the resolutions of so many others, who vowed to pick up running and improve their health, “starting next week”. Yet, it is YOU who runs alongside, who digs from deep inside to find the strength to come here, and to come back again.

You are a runner, and no one can take that away from you. You are relentlessly moving forward. You are stronger than even you think, and you are about to be amazed by what you can do. One day, very soon, maybe tomorrow, you’ll step outside and marvel at your capabilities. You will not believe your own body, you will realize that you can do this. And a new horizon will open up for you. You are a true inspiration.

I bow to you.

Original: http://flintland.blogspot.com/2012/05/hey-fat-girl.html

This made me cry! Seriously! And it is a great letter to post on this string. I'm going to pass it along to some friends of mine to help move them along. Thank you for sharing this!

Jennifer
  • ML0305
    ML0305 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    "Be sore today or be sorry tomorrow"!!!
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I love inpsirational quotes..

From Nike: Every Damn Day.. Just Do It.

Denis Waitley: If you believe you can, you probably can. If you believe you won't, you most assuredly won't. Belief is the ignition switch that gets you off the launching pad.

Anthony Robbins: People are not lazy. They simply have impotent goals - goals that do not inspire them.

Albert Einstein (favorite person) : All meaningful and lasting change starts first in your imagination and then works its way out. Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Zig Ziglar: Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.

Frank Banks: If you really want to do something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse.

I could go on and on..
  • Zandia_1
    Zandia_1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Bumping because it's the middle of the month and I can't be the only one losing stream. Must.Keep.Going.