Trying to find 30 minutes!

Options
CaliSteph
CaliSteph Posts: 142 Member
Hi -

I'm new to this forum and re-starting my weight loss journey after the holidays. With a full time job, a 13 year old step son, a 2 1/2 year old, and a 3 month old - I'm trying to find just 30 minutes to work out. Ack - it isn't easy! How do you all do it?

Thanks!

Replies

• IoTheo
    IoTheo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just do it!!!
    It doesnt mater if the baby is climbing on your back while your doing your push ups or if the dog is lying on its back next to you while you're doing your abs.
    You just keep on going. It doesnt mater if its not perfet as long as it is.
    Anything is better than nothing.
    Eventualy I'm hoping they will all realize that this is your/my personal time :flowerforyou: .
  • CaliSteph
    Options
    Thanks! I keep telling myself that. I joined a gym to get myself away. I don't even get a quiet shower time for heaven's sake - they can give me 30 minutes right? :happy:
  • IoTheo
    IoTheo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    what??? i dont even get a quiet pie time :laugh:
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    My husband operates on the "Happy Wife, Happy Life" principle.

I feed the baby at night, he puts baby to bed so I can have 30 minutes of uninterrupted shower time to relax after the day is over.

He has "boys day" with the little one every Saturday so I can get out for an afternoon workout or just have "me time"

He also looks after baby so I can go to Zumba twice a week. We pre-arrange the times the week before, depending on what our schedules look like.

I'm a much happier person when I get some exercise in, my husband gets one-on-one kid time, and we have a happy little family.
  • CaliSteph
    Options
    Haha - I love pie. And I especially love quiet pie time! Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it.
  • CaliSteph
    Options
    My husband operates on the "Happy Wife, Happy Life" principle.

I feed the baby at night, he puts baby to bed so I can have 30 minutes of uninterrupted shower time to relax after the day is over.

He has "boys day" with the little one every Saturday so I can get out for an afternoon workout or just have "me time"

He also looks after baby so I can go to Zumba twice a week. We pre-arrange the times the week before, depending on what our schedules look like.

I'm a much happier person when I get some exercise in, my husband gets one-on-one kid time, and we have a happy little family.

Hmmmm...that's a good point that you bring up about pre-arranging times. I try to fit things in day of lately instead of consciously sitting down to look at our week to schedule it. Thanks for the insight!
  • ajnlee25
    ajnlee25 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    So I'm fairly new here, but here are the things working for me so far. Joined the y. Free childcare while I work out. Great dh. He cooks, cleans, & baby sits. No matter how tired I am, do not end the day without at least some light exercise. Usually I let dh choose when its best for him.
  • CaliSteph
    Options
    So I'm fairly new here, but here are the things working for me so far. Joined the y. Free childcare while I work out. Great dh. He cooks, cleans, & baby sits. No matter how tired I am, do not end the day without at least some light exercise. Usually I let dh choose when its best for him.

I did join a gym and my husband is more than happy to wrangle the kids, I think I feel more guilt about it than him holding be back. I just have to let that go. I also got a video to work out at home so I can be accessible but this morning was a big fail with the constant interruption.

I think that's a great idea too - not to end the day without at least some light exercise. Thanks for the feedback.
  • suzlesieur
    Options
    If you are waiting to find 30 minutes extra time, keep waiting. It'll never come. You have to make those 30 minutes happen. Some days it doesn't work out, but that does not mean never. Set a half hour aside. Laundry and dishes and chores will be there when you are done. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • abecker84
    abecker84 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i was wondering the same thing. might be getting out of bed earlier now
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    There is now way I could find time to go to the gym - but I can find 30 mins to an hour to take the kids on walk in their stroller or to pop in a workout tape at home and let the kids run wild in the house. LOL
  • CaliSteph
    Options
    Thanks all for the support!

Last night my husband graciously took all the children away and gave me time to work out. Oww it burns but it was great to have it! He offered to do it again tonight and every night. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can keep doing it and keep my motivation up!