Are These Good PS3 Games ?

Options
Graelwyn75
Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
Having only had a ps2 and not played games for sometime, I bought myself a secondhand 500gb ps3 superslim (hate the build quality but oh well) and got the following games:

Elder Scrolls v - Skyrim.
Farcry 3.
Red Dead Redemption.
Batman - Arkham City.
Uncharted Drake's Fortune.

Have any of you got any other recommendations for someone who likes exploring environments(as in Okami), final fantasy/kingdom hearts style, GTA games and doesn't like being pushed into battle every 5 minutes(as in some of the final fantasy games) ?

Replies

• dantrick
    dantrick Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    check out dragon age
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Having only had a ps2 and not played games for sometime, I bought myself a secondhand 500gb ps3 superslim (hate the build quality but oh well) and got the following games:

Farcry 3.
    Red Dead Redemption.
    Batman - Arkham City.

Have any of you got any other recommendations for someone who likes exploring environments(as in Okami), final fantasy/kingdom hearts style, GTA games and doesn't like being pushed into battle every 5 minutes(as in some of the final fantasy games) ?

I would imagine you will love Skyrim.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    check out dragon age

Thanks, will do.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options

Farcry 3.
    Red Dead Redemption.
    Batman - Arkham City.

I would imagine you will love Skyrim.

Heard it is very good, albeit a bit buggy ?
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and play Metal Gear Solid. You can play the 4th for ps3 but the whole series is great.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Skrim = excellent!
    Farcry 3 - IDK
    Red Dead - IDK
    Batman Arkham City = very good
    Uncharted series = very good

Fallout 3 and Fallout New vegas are also excellent games, its set in a post apocolyptic wasteland. It is what the future would have been if everything they thought we'd have in the future in the 1950's had become reality, liike nucular powered cars, etc. But then there was a world war after the U.S. annexed Canada and then there were a bunch of atomoic bomb drops that wiped out most of the population except for the people living under ground in Vaults.

Very RPG, FPS with an indepth storying and wonderful side quests and graphics.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Yes, to all of the above.

Including the post mentioning Dragon Age. FOR THE WARDENS! :P
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Skrim = excellent!
    Farcry 3 - IDK
    Red Dead - IDK
    Batman Arkham City = very good
    Uncharted series = very good

Fallout 3 and Fallout New vegas are also excellent games, its set in a post apocolyptic wasteland. It is what the future would have been if everything they thought we'd have in the future in the 1950's had become reality, liike nucular powered cars, etc. But then there was a world war after the U.S. annexed Canada and then there were a bunch of atomoic bomb drops that wiped out most of the population except for the people living under ground in Vaults.

Very RPG, FPS with an indepth storying and wonderful side quests and graphics.

Thanks, that is next on my list, it sounds very intriguing to me.

I started playing far cry 3, and finding it very difficult, not used to first person perspectives in games. Very hard to sort of adjust to using camera controls and seeing what is going on in situations requiring quick escape or self defence.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Skyrim was and is killer still.

I just finished FarCry3 and it's easily a top 5 for 2012.

Red Dead was a good game but I never really got that deep into it.

Arkham City was awesome. I loved the Stealth and the entire SP camp was a blast to play.

Uncharted is some of the best story telling available on the system. It is really like playing a movie.

I would also STRONGLY recommend Dishonored and Borderlands 2.

I finished Dishonored and was completely please. No there is so multiplayer but the story is so engrossing the gameplay is almost magical at some points. love the Steampunk-y feel also.

Borderlands 2 is still in play for me and will be for quite some time. Excellent gameplay, infinite weapon possabilities and an open world. Need I say more...
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Skyrim is amazing. I got the collector's edition on release day, and have been playing it ever since. I haven't played any of the other games in your list. I have Batman Arkham City, but I want to get and play Arkham Asylum first.

I echo the Dishonored and Borderlands 2 recommendations as well. Both phenomenal games. Hit me up on PSN if you want; my handle is Paraplegic.
  • __RANDY__
    __RANDY__ Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I play little big planet 2
    and madden
    I don't even need any other games
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Definitely get both Fallouts, but beware New Vegas is very buggy even after all the patches. Luckily I play on the PC so I can sidestep most bugs. Don't know about the PS3 but fallout wikia usually has workarounds for every systems.

In spite of its buggy nature, its still absolutely amazing. The exploration, quests, and companions are all very intriguing. Personally I like Fallout 3 a notch better because there are more places to explore and I love all the urban area exploration, as opposed to NV which is a lot more desert and caves. Yet, the story, companion, weapon, and perk system is much stronger in NV. So I guess it evens out.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Skyrim was too buggy for the PS3...I stopped playing. Plus the DLC isn't even being released for it. Everything else...check. All Uncharted games are awesome!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    My kid loves Batman and Red Dead Redemption
  • Shikonneko
    Shikonneko Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I love Sengoku Basara 3 and Katamari Damashi, but I have a problem and the other games I like were listed already.
  • Graelwyn75
    Options
    Skyrim was too buggy for the PS3...I stopped playing. Plus the DLC isn't even being released for it. Everything else...check. All Uncharted games are awesome!

Hmm, worries me about skyrim, I guess that applies to the premium version as well ?

Also, why have they not released any Kingdom Hearts on Ps3? Disappointing.
    And no way to get Final Fantasy IX, short of just using my old ps2 or having a 60gb ps3 as well.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Skyrim is. The rest I don't know about.

Try for Dragon Age, Prince of Persia (the latest one), Need for Speed, Assassin's Creed, Dead Space, Bioshock...
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I dont want to brag - * brushes off shoulders* but I have beat all these games and I would rank them from best to still awesome (as all of them were AWESOME)

1)Skyrim
    2)Batman - Arkham City.
    3)Uncharted Drake's Fortune (Uncharted games rocked - my fav was 3 - and if it was on here then that would be num 1 - play all 3!)
    4)Farcry 3 (reminds me alot of dead island)
    5) Read Dead (Undead nightmare was hands down the best zombie game I have played)