I survived my 1st WOD!

Options
shaywallis
shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
WHHOOOP WHOOOP! Thats right, survived my first WOD...barely :tongue: Almost thought I was going to die but alas, I made it! We did 450m run, 10 box jumps, 20 dead lifts, 30 slam balls, 40 wall balls, 30 more slam balls, 20 more dead lifts, 10 more box jumps and finished with another 450m run. Did I mention it was all for time?! I finished last of course at around 20mins, but hey, at least I finished :bigsmile:

Replies

• wmramsel
    Options
    I finished my first WOD (in 2 1/2 years) on Thursday! I've never felt so good about feeling so miserable in all my life ;)
  • lguy29
    lguy29 Posts: 131
    Options
    Great to hear! I've only been WODing for 3 weeks now, and getting the first one over with is one of the greatest feelings. It's not so scary and intimidating anymore! Remember that its perfectly OK to scale, as long as you are getting out of it what you really want :) Again, congrats!
  • kkenny0146
    kkenny0146 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I hope this will be the first of many to come. I started about 2 months ago and I look forward to every WOD.
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! It's so addicting :drinker:
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've never felt so good about feeling so miserable in all my life ;)

lmao - that about sums it up for me. i'm about a month into crossfit and i love it. i am becoming an addict - i love being "destroyed" because it gives me satisfaction that i am truly doing something. yesssssssssssssss
  • msb803
    msb803 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous! Keep it up! I started 9 months ago, and love/hate every minute of the WODs! :o)
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • DarkAngellEyes
    DarkAngellEyes Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thats an intense one for your first WOD! Great job!! :drinker:
  • dirtybadgermtb
    dirtybadgermtb Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up. I remember my first WOD. It was a spiritual experience and I knew I had to have more. That was nearly 3.5 years ago and it has changed my body and my life.
  • DJStewie
    DJStewie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I finished my first WOD (in 2 1/2 years) on Thursday!

Longest WOD evah! :bigsmile: It must have been brutal to last 2 and 1/2 years :laugh:
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up. I remember my first WOD. It was a spiritual experience and I knew I had to have more. That was nearly 3.5 years ago and it has changed my body and my life.

That is awesome and encouraging. I knew CrossFit would be a challenge, but I really truly had no idea I was going to love it as much as I do at this point. My 5:30am crew is phenomenal and supportive and it's not tedious and boring ever.
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!! I'm totally hooked. While I'm there I HATE CF but once I leave and feel amazing about myself Im all "I LOVE CROSSFIT!!" haha.
  • wiginn
    wiginn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!! I'm totally hooked. While I'm there I HATE CF but once I leave and feel amazing about myself Im all "I LOVE CROSSFIT!!" haha.

I totally get that....I tell everyone I have a Love/Hate relationship with CrossFit!

Way to go!
  • TaliaCarmella
    Options
    Congrats! Doesn't it feel amazing to complete something that at some point in time during the process, you probably didn't think you would? I've cried so much because i push past my mind telling me to quit and actually complete the WODs :) I'm very happy for you! Ride that high and keep it up! :)