Fruit of the Loom! LOOOOOL! 1/7/2013

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Fruit...try and add a piece of fruit to your day! It makes a nice snacke, addition to salad or dinner even depending on how you work it. Peaches or apples with pork chops, orange chicken or beef and rice...you get the idea.
YOU can even make fruit with a healhty dessert...slice apple heat up and add some granola on top or sliced grapefruit and tangerine with a marchino cherry on top sprinkle of giner!

Fruit have many vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fiber. How can you lose?!

Peace,
WW
PS. I am having peaches in my oatmeal.

Replies

• ndearing0501
    ndearing0501 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I add fruit to my vegetable juices. For today in honor of your fruit post, I will have a freshly juiced fruit breakfast drink (with a bit of kale and carrots tho). Apples pears and kiwis!
  • hmorrish
    hmorrish Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Fruit is my go to snack at the moment. Banana for breakfast and Clementines after lunch :)
  • kriskerans
    kriskerans Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love cut up apple, put in micro wave until soft, sprinkle with cinnamon and sweet low, yummm:smile:
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    On the high fiber food program I'm on I have to have 4 fruits and 4 veggies a day, I had apples in my oatmeal, an apple for a morning snack and I have another for afternoon if I need it and since strawberries are coming in season here in Florida, I have strawberries and vanilla greek yogurt for "dessert."
  • LoviesMom
    Options
    I added an apple and cinnamon to my vanilla yogurt. :smile:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I took some apples the other day, cut them up, sprinkled them with lemon juice and cinnamon and dehydrated them. I and my kids love them.
    I also dehydrated some strawberries, but the apples have been a big hit.
  • carolesse66
    Options
    I eat an apple everyday....this morning I added 1/2 cup of blueberries to my breakfast, I am having an apple with my lunch and my afternoon snack will be a pear.
  • blondierandi
    Options
    fruit and sanwich for lunch :)
  • Teenalove912
    Teenalove912 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group but, like the idea of a challenge a day. This afternoon I has a banana on some cranberry bread with peanut butter.
  • fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    had a banana cut up in my cereal & an orange with lunch - YUM!!
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yay, I did this without even knowing. I have eaten an apple and a clementine. Soon I will be sinking me teeth into roasted chicken. Oh my goodness am I hungry.
  • joanfudala
    joanfudala Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have to take a pill right before bed that says to take with food. I bought a bag of clementines and enjoy one every night. Not too filling and lots less calories than other options.
  • QueenGreb
    Options
    i added blueberries to my oatmeal and raspberries to my cottage cheese and almonds.
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    either an apple or a banana everyday with some peanut butter!
  • hht94
    hht94 Posts: 6
    Options
    Well I didn't read this post till late night but I did have raisins in my cereal this morning...sort of counts? lol, I will make it up tomorrow. But I must say I want to go buy some apples and try them heated up...why have I not ever done this in a microwave? Genius.
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed a berry & banana smoothie this morning (with spinach, too!). :smile:

I plan (ha, WW!) to have a smoothie every morning this week.
  • SolanumSunrise
    SolanumSunrise Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit are in season! I've been enjoying a ruby red most days for a couple of weeks.
  • em_c_r
    em_c_r Posts: 23
    Options
    I bought grapes yesterday and they are so so yummy! This will be a pretty easy challenge until those are gone!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge! I try to add fruit into my day as often as possible, but sometimes it gets boring eating the same things all the time. I'm always looking for new kinds of fruit as well as new ways to add them into my diet. :)
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I eat an apple Monday through Friday as late afternoon snack. Also have pineapple in my cottage cheese, and either blueberry, raspberry or strawberry yogurt. Love fruit.