headaches

Options
Has anybody ever gotten headaches when you chang the way you eat? I ate very healthy yesterday and ended up with a headache that I still have at this moment. Is it possible I sent my body into shock because its not used to getting such healthy foods? Help please!

Replies

• leahestey
    leahestey Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If you drink a lot of caffeine, and quit suddenly, you'll get a major headache.

If you do small changes everyday. Your body can adjust better.
  • Needachange84
    Needachange84 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    thats the thing I don't drink caffeine :/ I drink water or tea. I think I will change up things a lil until my body adjusts

• bamakmd
    bamakmd Posts: 34
    Options
    I think when you change the way you eat after eating a certain way for a long time, your body can react in different ways and one way might cause headaches. I mean, your body is having to adjust to the change so it's going to react. I get migraines a lot and have a prescription for them, but I have noticed with my new dieting and working out routine, they're coming on stronger. Just keep up with your diet and your body should adjust. My migraines have started to wear off a bit now. Stay hydrated with water or green tea.

Yes, a friend of mine cut caffeine out of her diet after drinking about 4 Dr.Peppers a day and experience horrible headaches and stomach aches for about 2 and a half weeks.
  • NikkiC35
    Options
    You may be half a reaction to one of the foods you ate. Turkey gives me migraines and chicken gives me stomache ache.

I just gave up coke and fanta this week and after 2 days I had a migraine. Had to take a pain releiver last night. So your body may be reacting to the food you ate.
  • Needachange84
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I think I'll tone it down a bit with so many changes at once and slowly work eating better into the system and for now work on portion control. I'm sure its my body's way of telling me is misses the food I shouldn't be eating :P
  • Needachange84
    Options
    and of course continue with the working out :)
  • cnelson1974
    cnelson1974 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I got them coming off caffiene. I also got them when I started consuming too much dairy. I also get them when I don't drink enough water. Try drinking a ton of water before you decide to down a bunch of headache meds. Good luck!
  • Needachange84
    Options
    I drank plenty of water so I don't think that is the problem...hoping it'll all go away by the end of the week :)
  • luna16belle
    luna16belle Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Could be stress headache? Or maybe from exercise!! Sometimes if I do too much in one day or dont wear stuff suitable (shock absorbers for running) i get horrible headaches.
    Make sure you are getting enough sleep too,with all of the changes you are making your body needs its resting time :)

Hope it goes sooner rather than later!! Xx
  • melkayco
    melkayco Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Tea has caffeine in it. Maybe from not drinking your teas. I'm trying to cut out my dr peppers...I drink about 4-5 a day! Oh the headache was terrible today so around 2 I had some coffee and it immediately went away. I'm disappointed in myself for putting something in my body that has made me go thru withdraws. Hopefully each day will get better...for both of us.