Food Reactions May Cause Weight Gain

Options
I was watching Dr. Oz today and he had a very interesting topic today. The subject was about food chemistry and how they react to your body. Everybody has their own reaaction to different foods. If you eat a specific food and you get gas, bloating and .5-2 pond weight gain overnight is a reactive food and to leave it alone. Plus, people who followed the "The Plan" diet lost 5-10 pounds in the first 3 days of the plan. It was very interesting. Below is the website article.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/plan-lose-weight-eliminating-reactive-foods

Replies

• verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I know eating a high amount of carbs and salt will bloat you, and dairy bloats people with lactose issues. If you want to "lose" a lot of water weight in a hurry eat no carbs for a few days.

But those things are temporary for most people.

I am mildly suspicious of Dr Oz.
  • NikkiC35
    Options
    For me I can't go without carbs for a day. I will get very dizzy and shaky. I lose more weight with carbs in my diet and I feel better. Dairy is very minimal for me as I get bowel issues.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    It's important to also keep in mind that there are two types of carbohydrates. Simple carbs - your white breads, pastries, bagels, muffins, pastas, etc. and complex carbs - whole grain breads, wheat cereal, old fashioned oats, potatoes, etc.

Simple carbs break down quickly and don't keep you full at all whereas complex carbs break down slowly and they keep you going longer.

As for Dr. Oz - I truly believe that he was good before he started getting into the diet pills and all of that craze. I'm sure he makes a lot of money for promoting them.
  • resamarieh
    Options
    The food chemistry and how your body reacts to it I can buy..I'm going to find out more about it because that sounds like me with certain foods.

I am also suspicious of Dr Oz though...