hello

Options
I am dealing with arthritis trying to lose weight and chasing my 15 month old! Tried doing yoga but that ended with more pain anyone with any advice cause i am at a loss.

Replies

• ThereOnceWasAUnionMaid
    Options
    I'd suggest swimming if you can. I've got fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis and I find swimming to be fantastic. Especially if you can find a heated pool - it feels amazing! You can start out slow and then just do whatever you feel comfortable with. If a pool isn't an option I'd suggest some light weightlifting - you'll feel great and it won't put too much pressure on your joints. I'd start out small, with just some 5 or 8lb weights and check out one of the weightlifting groups on here - they have some great starter ideas! Good luck, you can do this.
  • aanderson0278
    Options
    Hi AliesMom,

I have 2 kids 7 & 12, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 3 years ago. My Rheumatoid Arthritis/Fibromyalgia Doctor said to not quit and give up moving around each day. I know the feeling of being tired and sore every morning. One thing that I have noticed that helps shed a lot of weight is drinking Emergen- C each day. Mix with8oz. Of water, drink 8oz. Of Slim Fast twice a day and a lean dinner. I also eat fruit and veggies for snack. When you wake up remember to stretch. I know it's hard when you first wake up but try after you have moved around. A good 5 minute stretch, a 10 minute run in place and a 20 minute brisk walk with the baby in the stroller up a steep hill will help you lose the weight fast!!! Stick to your plan that best fits you. Whether you have a yogurt shake in the morning and a slim fast at lunch....however you like it, but the ultimate goal here is dedication throughout the whole day!! Be loyal, honest ad active!!! You can do it!!!