Snack Ideas Anyone?

Options
suzy1220
suzy1220 Posts: 118 Member
I need some good go to snacks that are healthy and especially filling! I'm already sick of yogart and 12 nuts aren't going to cut it for me. I need some good ideas in the 200 or less calorie range. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Replies

• DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    i like a banana with the canned redi whip drizzle a little sugar free chocolate syrup and there ya have a pretty good snack for approx 10 cals :wink: i also eat the skinny cow ice cream cones for 150 cals, strawberries and vanilla yogurt...just some ideas
  • lkenn67
    lkenn67 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hummus and green peppers...yum
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering the same thing!
  • WestCoastMom
    WestCoastMom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like a Gala apple with peanut butter.
  • fitnwhole
    fitnwhole Posts: 227
    Options
    I like a Gala apple with peanut butter.

I.Love.This:love: ^^^

Some other suggestions:

carrot sticks and hummus
    yogurt and granola (only a TBSP of granola)
    pudding
    fiber one or clif bars
    Light English muffin pizza
    Slow Churn (light) ice cream with fruit on top
    Smoothies

Just to name a few :smile:
  • jc1231
    jc1231 Posts: 67
    Options
    For your snacks, make sure to include protein, that is what will keep you fuller longer.

Try celery with peanut butter, a protein shake (Syntha 6 in chocolate is great and 200 calories, or just use a 1/2 scoop to make is 100 calories), or 1/2 a protein bar.

This may sound silly, but I always avoided the good protein bars because they are close to 400 calories. I buy them and cut them in half and will just eat a half. It satistifies my sweet tooth and am getting good protein. I really like the muscle tech meso tech chocolate peanut butter bar.
  • Jennifer2387
    Jennifer2387 Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I really like the Kashi Berry Crumble cereal .. sometimes I will eat it with my yogurt or sometimes just snack on it plain. The full serving has as much protien as an egg. I typically don't like Kashi .. but the berry crumble is good.
  • littlemzkitty
    littlemzkitty Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My sister just sent me a link this morning with 55 snacks under 200 calories. I'm sure if you do a search the list will come up. Some of it is the typical, yogurt and almonds, but some are intersting. Here is a sample:

Sweet
    2 whole grain waffles with 1 tbs apple butter, sprinkle with cinnamon (~170 calories)
    1 square 70% dark chocolate and 1 oz dried cherries (~155)
    1 light English muffin with 1 tbs fat free cream cheese and 1 tbs fruit spread

Savory
    1 cup jicama spears dipped in 1/4 cup guacamole (~150)
    1/2 cup shelled edamame with salt (~100)
    2 hard boiled eggs (~150)

I also like reduced fat cheez-its with peanut butter. I make them into tiny peanut butter sandwiches, they are crunchy and filling, but a little higher on calories.
  • neudeb12
    neudeb12 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I usually have either a cheese stick and a piece of fruit or some nuts and a piece of fruit for the 3pm energy crash
  • suzy1220
    suzy1220 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    All good ideas, I can't wait to start trying them. I also found some turkey hot dogs that are 45 calories (Ball Park) and with lite bread, also 45 calories I can have a 'hot dog in a bun' with mustard. And I found cottage cheese with pineapple for 110 calories which is good too.

And Lean Cuisine has those egg rolls that are delicious. It's just hard b/c this is a lifestyle change so it seems like I'm stuck eating this stuff forever!
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I like "ants on a log." Celery with peanut butter and raisins or dark chocolate chips. I also like hard boiled eggs.. good protein and they taste good
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I love eating raw red peppers.... they are sweet and crunchy... and you can eat a whole pepper for very few calories. Also raw broccoli with fat free ranch dressing is good. Another favorite of mine is peanut butter on a toasted english muffin.
  • vmlooper
    Options
    I love the Nature Valley- Fruit and Nut granola bars. 140 cal
  • dellmech
    dellmech Posts: 113
    Options
    100 calorie popcorn packs...a bowl full for 100 calories! Great because it takes awhile to eat.
  • jnlynn
    jnlynn Posts: 101
    Options
    two of my favorite:
    1. hardboiled egg (with no yolk) filled with 2 tablespoon of hummus
    2. 1/2 cottage cheese with 2 tablespoons of salsa
  • bobbiesinger6971
    Options
    Frozen grapes or a all fruit smoothie................all fruit blended with ice. If it's too thick I add fresh squeezed lemon and a splenda packet to calm down the sour of the lemon.
  • tinatatertoes
    tinatatertoes Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    A piece of whole grain bread w/ a TBSP of natural peanut butter (I use Addams) and about a half apple sliced really thin is just over 200 calories, supper filling, and delicious.

I'm also a big fan of fruit and peanut butter or fruit and cheese.