Does anyone write letters anymore?!?!? 1/8/13

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Hey! I thought this would be a fun (I read it again other day) "put your money where your mouth " type challenge! We have all done it either in high school or college..but you write yourself a letter then it is sent later to evaluate how far you have or have not come. Reassess what happened...because life happens despite our goals!

Write here today a goal you want for 3 months from now and I will send it to you in March so we can all see if later if did it or not or how life changed and the goal changed with it.

EXAMPLES: You can make the goal about fitness like "I will run a mile w/o stopping" or "I will be able to do 10 push-ups military style". "I will try a group class every two weeks"
Make it food "I will eat clean" "I will have a vegetable or fruit with every meal" "I will only have one soda a day"
Or you can make it mental "every time I am stress I will go for a walk or write in my food journal instead of eat" "I will do one fun physical exercise activity per week or month like skating etc"

Peace,
WW
PS Let's be creative with this!

Replies

• ndearing0501
    ndearing0501 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My goal this year was to run a half marathon. I want to keep training for it by running and cross training every day a min of 4 days a week. This means a lot to me so I hope I can keep the mentality and motivation of it going! Not very creative but...
  • tessavonhagen
    tessavonhagen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i want to do the relay for life 5k race this year. i also want to eat no more than 1 cookie per week and lose at least 10 more pds.
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    My goal for three months from now is to have lost 1 lb per week so that would be about... 12lbs? I would like to have stuck to my food plan for that long (so hopefully that means that it would be a habit not a stuggle)
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    From 240 to 220. I'd like to be there. Aggressive goal is aggressive.

WAY TO GO JEREMY! YOU DON'T SUCK AS BAD AS SHE SAYS YOU DO!
  • hht94
    hht94 Posts: 6
    Options
    My goal is to completely run a 5K, no matter the time, but I have yet to accomplish one without at least one mile of walking. Also to be closer to 160 than 170.
  • kiwi6685
    kiwi6685 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I want to lose 15 pounds by then, I know that I can do it, I just have to get in the right mindset again!
  • QueenGreb
    Options
    Dear QueeenGreb,
    Hey how have you been doing with your goals? I hope well. I know you can accomplish anything you put your mind to, so do it dammit! Today is January 8, 2013 it is 9am and I am going to give you some goals, try try try your hardest to complete them fully!

-Regarding your routine that you have just started with Sam keep that up. Every night even if she backs out, you complete 45 min of strong full body workouts. Even if it's all you do, this one is most important! You have 60 days, do it and you will be at your goal or even better!
    -The eating cleaner goals you have set for yourself daily, keep that up. When you go to the store to buy something make sure you look a the label, you will be happy you did and stuck with your clean eating goals. Do it for your health and Shane's. Try a new recipe every week and challenge yourself when you are tempted to stray just kick temptations *kitten* and stick with your goal.
    -Now this goal is going to be hard for you because you are lazy! You need support and recognition lets face it you don't want to be alone in your journey that's why you joined this group, so post what you eat and your workouts everyday, and I mean everyday. Try to make it part of your routine, just try. I know you will look back and be proud and what you can accomplish!

So those are your goals for the next 90 days and beyond. Girl you need to step it up and be strong, change is hard but you can do it! If you struggle or you have temptations come back to your group and ask for help. I am proud of what you have accomplished already. I love you and give your husband a kiss for me =)

With Peace and Love
    Queen Greb

P.S. I forgot the hikes stick with those at least once a week and post a picture every time.
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    My goal is to have lost 15lbs.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Goals by March.

-Have lost 15 lbs.
    -Completed 30 days of Insanity
    -Stayed strong without any soda (Since New Year)
  • alpinder0506
    alpinder0506 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I want to lose between 10 - 15 lbs, eating better, working out, getting my body and mind in shape for summertime, and to feel & look better both mentally & physically... been at it since Friday... doing good, hope I can keep it up! :smile:
  • jenni1d
    jenni1d Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My goals for the next 90 days are:

1 - Log onto MFP everyday and track my food and exercise
    2 - Complete a round of Insanity
    3 - Lose 15 lbs
    4 - Fit into my size 10 jeans
  • nejaustin
    nejaustin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My goal for 90 days from now is to

1. Have completed the 50k race I have planned for March 9
    2. Logged in completely and truthfully food ate at least 90% of the days
    3. Lost 7 pounds
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Well, Wonder Woman by March you need to lose 7-10 lbs, find a spin class or just some different fitness classes to join to stay fit they help push me. I would like to run a mile w/o stopping.
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I am going to keep logging on. And not just log on, but keep an accurate count of my calories, fill in every meal.
  • LoviesMom
    Options
    My goal is to be consistent with writing down what I eat and as a result, will have lost no less than 10 pounds by March. :)
  • Teenalove912
    Teenalove912 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My goal is to track my food every day.
    Lose 1 pound a week.
    Add an aerobic activity and do it no less than 1 day a week.
  • ankrah09
    Options
    My goal is to keep up with my vegetarian diet and lose 15 lbs
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time getting in my water. I have come up with a plan to resolve this issue. Only the plan has a flaw. The rule is to drink 16 ounces of water before I drink coffee and then 16 ounces at each meal. I have been able to master drinking the 16 ounces before coffee but I have been unable to consistently implement drinking the water at meals. It is hard to do so when your meals are less than three or meal times are screwed up. Today I will make this rule: 8 A.M.-12 P.M.-4 P.M.-8 P.M. for drinking my water.
  • salp02
    salp02 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My goals in three months:
    1. got to the gym at least 2xs a week
    2. lose at least 15 lbs by making better choices
  • salp02
    salp02 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time getting in my water. I have come up with a plan to resolve this issue. Only the plan has a flaw. The rule is to drink 16 ounces of water before I drink coffee and then 16 ounces at each meal. I have been able to master drinking the 16 ounces before coffee but I have been unable to consistently implement drinking the water at meals. It is hard to do so when your meals are less than three or meal times are screwed up. Today I will make this rule: 8 A.M.-12 P.M.-4 P.M.-8 P.M. for drinking my water.

I drink loads of water by drinking a glass as soon as I wake in the morning, coffee, then one afterwards.
    Anything you drink you need to drink water between. Like a crystal light, then water, coffee, water, ect. . .
    Always keep a water bottle with you!! You'll eventually make it! :) Keep drinking that h2o!