What's your go-to breakfast?

Options
shannonsky
shannonsky Posts: 75 Member
Breakfast is always tough for me, I need something that I can make up quickly, and I really don't like the usual suspects. Eggs, bacon, yogurt, and oatmeal all make me gag. What do you all eat?

Replies

• pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    What do you usually eat for supper, lunch, and snacks? I usually have leftovers, or baked potato and chili, or some buckwheat porridge.
  • shannonsky
    shannonsky Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Lunch is almost always a salad w/chicken. I try to vary our dinners, since we tend to eat the same things for breakfast and lunch a lot. Usually some type of meat/fish and a side veggie. Hubby usually brings the leftovers to work with him for his lunch.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I do cheese sticks or cottage cheese a lot. Sometimes just fruit. :) Something quick that I don't have to cook.
  • hdlb
    hdlb Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I usually just make a 2 egg omlette with ham cookied in olive oil or coconut oil and I have a mug of tea to go with it.

Sometimes I'll have bacon and eggs, or chicken, or leftover meat from dinner along with some fruit.
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast is usually yogurt and a gf toast with butter. Dinner with hubby is our big meal generally with meat, chicken or fish, a veggie and potato or rice. It's lunch that is difficult for me. I've tried cheese and crackers, beef summer sausage, eggs, sometimes even leftovers--but I can't seem to come up with anything that is enjoyable and low in calories.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Fruit, Quinoa cereal (coco mama makes individual servings), grits, gluten-free biscuick, gluten-free muffins, turkey bacon, canadian bacon, turkey sausage, protein bars, protein shakes.
  • Emlou93
    Emlou93 Posts: 22
    Options
    Generally yoghurt with fruit or an omelette. Sometimes soups if it's cold or even leftovers from dinner the day before.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    smoothie or juicer. I love PB2 added to coconut milk and frozen fruit. Or I juice up some kale and other veggies.
    Rice cake with peanut butter/almond butter whatever. Slice up a banana or strawberry for a topping.
    yogurt of some sort
    make a huge batch of steel cut GF oats on Sunday for the week. Top with different things through the week.
    Make your own granola, Lara bars, Think Thin bars.
    Get crazy and look up how to make your own pop tarts, scones etc etc..
    Make a batch of muffins like carrot, zuchinni etc...
  • AnjellaRose_GF_SillyYak
    Options
    dont usually do breakfast, just not hungry that early, but when I do. Yogurt & (enjoy life) granola, or some chex cereal .
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Nachos!
  • housewifemandi
    Options
    no breakfast, never hungry. i would say if you dont like breakfast foods, eat non breakfast foods.
  • wolfect
    wolfect Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have 2 toasted slices of Udi's bread - white or whole grain - with 1 oz of cheese melted on it. That's about 250 calories. You can add cucumber or tomato for only a few more calories. It's fast and tasty and sticks with you for a while.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    This morning it's a pancake made with chickpea flour and frozen corn.

Most of the time I make quesadillas with cheese on corn tortillas.
  • jnoring
    jnoring Posts: 93
    Options
    Vans Waffles
  • ThereOnceWasAUnionMaid
    Options
    I usually have a bowl of GF rice or corn Chex with skim milk or some nonfat vanilla yogurt with fruit or mini chocolate chips. I'm a big snacker so I don't do huge breakfasts but I do snacks like walnuts and raisins or fruit/veggies a few hours after I first eat breakfast.
  • barkin43
    barkin43 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Today it was a banana, apple, and grapes. I love a corn tortilla with melted cheese rolled up with salsa inside. You can make up several days' supply of mixed grain (gf, of course) hot cereal and portion it out and just take it with you to work and microwave it. I love this with pure maple syrup or honey. I load mine up with chopped apples, nuts, raisins and cinnamon for an extra special treat. It's healthy and tasty. The grains I use are usually quinoa, millet, steel cut oats, and buckwheat and throw in some flax seeds for good measure.
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My favorite is the Dole Frozen fruit mix from Sams Club its a mix of strawberries,pineapple,peaches and mango. I just put it in a tupperware container and take it to work.
  • oeomaggio4
    Options
    Honestly, I usually have cocoa pebbles (Yes, they're gluten free!) The chocolate milk after the cereal is gone is always a nice treat!
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I make protien smoothies. I like the Jay Robb powders. I'm fairly new to his products but I like it b/c it is sweetend w/stevia & is a grass fed product. You can add berries & fruit to pump up the flavors & use water or what ever type of liquad you prefer.