Anyone using doxy?

Options
Any other members using Doxy to help control flareups?

Replies

• CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I don't actually know what "doxy" is... so I have to say no. Does it work?
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Doxycycline. It seems too....
  • katatak1
    katatak1 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    What kind of relief are you getting? Are the flares less intense? Less often?
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    Options
    What kind of relief are you getting? Are the flares less intense? Less often?

I had an offer to "test" a drug for HS (which is actually a drug already in use for Plaque Psoriasis and I think for arthritis as well, although the name escapes me at this moment, it is advertised heavily on TV in this area) but they couldn't tell me that is would RESOLVE the issue. They said it might lessen the outbreaks, if I get 10 a year it might reduce it to 8 or fewer... but even though I've had this for 30 years, I have no idea how many breakouts I get per year. Sometimes I get a fresh Phase 2 every day... sometimes I have 1 Phase 2 ongoing for weeks... sometimes I'm in only phase 1... although, I'm never in "clear".

I refused because of all of the side effects of the drug. Humira? I think that's it.

I have pretty decent results from changing my diet ot Paleo - and that's only since January 2 - so 20 days ago. My constant Phase 2 on my right breast has closed and is healing... that alone is worth it. I had that thing for months on end. It even looks like some of my scars are healing - it is hard to tell in some places because my skin is different (on my inner thighs) because I've had so many huge huge aliens take up residency... I feel so sorry for all of us that have this.

Please try making dietary changes. I believe that if you check out "leaky gut" you'll see that 30-45 days of eating to restore your digestive tract is not that big of a deal to be "free" of this nastiness.
  • annabelle1113
    annabelle1113 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Doxy didn't work for me, so I'm on minocycline for when the flare-ups get bad, and it seems to work.
  • katatak1
    katatak1 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I am going to look at gluten free and paleo and see if that helps. Gotta wait a few weeks until I get some free time to clean out my kitchen (all my upcoming weekends are booked, and I have about an hour at home each day), but I plan to do that soon!
  • MrsTyHarris
    MrsTyHarris Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I was on it but i was getting headaches constantly. My PCP actually discovered it was the cause, and even though I had just seen my derm dr a week prior, they wanted me to come back. Im currently exploring natural remedies, cause they just want more money.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    Options
    Anyone that is using an antibiotic of any sort should be making sure they are taking probiotic supplements to keep up the gut flora. The antibiotics kills all the helpful bacteria and it can take months to get it back to a healthy range even after just a few days of taking the antibiotics.

Check it out for yourself. See a naturopath and they will tell you exactly what you need to do. They won't like the antibiotics but they'll work with you to make sure you are taking the best care of your body.