Any tall ladies in their 50's in this group

Options
I have always been thin until the dreaded menopause set in. I have gained over 35 lbs. I'm 58 and I am 5-10, weighing in at 190. Started diet today.

Replies

• Livestronger912
    Options
    Yup, I never had much of a problem until I hit 46 yrs old. I had a leg injury that put me out for 6 full months, and I never got back on track with excercise. I'm 50 now and weigh 195. Thank goodness I'm 5'11, but ....I can't fit into most of my pants! Goal this year is to lose 20 lbs and keep it off.
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Well, almost! 49 and fantastic! :bigsmile:
  • gdadki
    gdadki Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 - 5'10 and 190 pounds. Yes, menopause hasn't been kind to me either!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", 44 (I'm slowly getting to the 50's, don't rush me) and I'm pre-menopausal (I do the hormone replacement...best thing in the world). You can add me if you'd like.
  • Beachbaby30
    Options
    I'm 5'10", 50 years old, was thin all my life until my doctor started prescribing hormones to aid conception. (At least this is where I have placed the blame. I couldn't possibly blame myself. LOL) I never conceived (adopted instead) but still managed to gain about twenty pounds. I decided the time has come to lose this. Menopause has been kind to me thus far- touch wood.
  • lelanz
    lelanz Posts: 2
    Options
    50 and 5ft 11 1/2 here :flowerforyou:

Loving this site and the motivation from reading through the threads....just need to put it into ACTION! ...hehe