Skinny Recipes :D

Options
So tonight for dinner I made "Buffalo Cauliflower Bites and Celery"
Found on SKINNYTASTE.COM AMAZING WEBSITE!
This is my second recipe I've made from here.

For those of you that don't like Cauliflower well TRY IT! because
you honestly can't even taste it :) I made it for my boyfriend and I and he will not touch Cauliflower but I didn't tell him what it was and he said it was DELISH and ate every bit of it. On the side for some extra protein I bought Turkey Balls (meatballs) from Trader Joe's and cut 3 of them in half for each of us, gives the illusion that you have more on your plate. And we were SATISFIED! Not stuffed. JUST RIGHT. Try it out tell me what you think :) I'm gonna also make a topic for GROCERY LIST MUST HAVES! :)

Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 6 • Size: about 1 cup cauliflower
Calories: 119.4 • Fat: 2 g • Protein: 4 g • Carb: 21.4 g • Fiber: 3 g • Sugar: 0.2 g
Sodium: 1172 mg

Ingredients:
1 cup water
1 cup all purpose flour
2 tsp garlic powder
22 oz (6 1/2 cups) cauliflower florets
3/4 cup Franks Hot Sauce
1 tbsp melted unsalted butter
Directions:

Preheat the oven to 450°F. Lightly spray a large non-stick baking sheet with oil.

Combine the water, flour, and garlic powder in a bowl and stir until well combined.

Coat the cauliflower pieces with the flour mixture and place on the baking sheet; bake for 20 minutes.

While the cauliflower is baking, combine the hot sauce and butter in a small bowl.

Pour the hot sauce mixture over the baked cauliflower and continue baking for an additional 5 minutes. Serve with skinny blue cheese dressing if desired and celery sticks.

Replies

• Acp1010
    Acp1010 Posts: 62
    Options
    That sounds so yummy! I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow, so i'll have to try it out!!!
    Thanks for posting this!!
  • brittanyolguin
    Options
    It is! tell me how you like it when you bake it! honestly it was so cheap. Broken down for the two of us together it was like $5. And i still have all the stuff left over to make more!

PUMPKIN LOVERS!!!
    Another SKINNY recipe MUST!
    If you LOVE PUMPKIN AND SWEETS
    Well you've come to the right place.
    This shake is absolutley yummy!
    TRY IT OUT let me know what you think
    All my girlfriends are hooked on this one!

Healthy Pumpkin Oatmeal Shake
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 4 • Size: 8oz. •\
    Calories: 160.7 • Fat: 2.2g • Protein: 5.8 g • Carb: 34 g • Fiber: 6.6 g

Ingredients:
    1/2 cup quick oats
    2 cups water
    1 cup fat free milk (vegans use almond milk)
    1 cup ice
    1/2 cup pumpkin puree (I bought the organic one from Trader Joe's it's cheap and a little better for you calorie wise)
    3 tbsp brown sugar
    1-2 tsp cinammon
    pumpkin pie spice to taste

Directions:
    Cook oats and water in a small pot for about a minute or two, stirring often until it becomes thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and let it cool a few minutes.

In a blender add milk, pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice. Add oats and ice. Blend on high until very smooth. Chill in refrigerator or pour in a glass over ice. Enjoy!
  • healthybails
    Options
    I just looked at that website and I fell in love! Omg there is a recipe for jalapeño stuffed poppers which are my favvvv but haven't ate in awhile due too waaaay too much fat! I'm making them for my Super Bowl party :) thanks!
  • jessiefreshh
    jessiefreshh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't know if any of you love ranch, but I eat it with my veggies and other things. But I found a skinny but good tasting ranch recipe! I can't taste much of a difference, but to each their own. :)

Ingredients
    1 CUP DANNON OIKOS PLAIN NONFAT GREEK YOGURT
    1 PACKET HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH (DRESSING NOT DIP)
    1/2 CUP 1% MILK

Directions
    MIX EVERYTHING IN A MASON JAR AND SHAKE AND PUT IN FRIDGE FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS..

Serving Size: MAKES 24 SERVINGS OF ( 1 TBSP.)

The best part....this ENTIRE jar of dressing, is only 255 calories, 1.75 grams of fat, 42 carbs and 34 protein.

Enjoy!! :)
  • brittanyolguin
    Options
    jalapeno poppers are so yum! i'll have to go find the recipe!!!!

and great find with the ranch!!! :)
  • jessiefreshh
    jessiefreshh Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Jalapeno Poppers are the best! I've been dying to make some just never get around to it! Another thing that is really food, boneless skinless chicken breast, with La Victoria Thick and Chunky Medium salsa and some mexican shredded cheese. I usually eat all those things in a burrito but if you cut the bread, its so much healthier. Like 250 calories! :)
  • Stinkerbelle84
    Options
    I do a warm salsa n the crock pot. It can also be made on the stove.

- Boil jalapenos (1 pepper per can of tomatos), dice once soft, then throw into Crock pot
    - Sautee diced green onions until soft then throw into crock pot
    - add canned tomatos (I like sweet onion, petite diced, and regular diced) to Crock pot
    - Salt and pepper to taste

Just cook it down for a few hours and stir occasionally. I cook one of these at least once a week. If you want extra spice, throw in a can of Rotel.

I like to eat it with chips, as a dressing for a taco salad, on tacos, burritos, grilled chicken. Pretty much anything, lol! I am a salsa lover!